FAQ Sheet 2013

FAQ Sheet 2013
How can I view my student account?
Self-Service Student on Trailhead (http://trailhead.mines.edu) is a one-stop on-line center where you can access all your CSM
information and take care of much of your CSM business. Once you have established your PIN number you can:
Access your schedule
Review your billing statement
Waive health insurance
Change your address
Review your financial aid records
View your grades
Can my parents inquire about my student account on my behalf?
Bursar’s Office
Not directly. Under federal law your student account is considered a “closed record,” which can only be discussed with you, the
student. You can grant your parent access to your account information via your My Account Page:
Student Accounts
To Set up Parent or Third Party Access to view your account balance:
303-273-3158 -Log into Trailhead. Select: Self Service, Student, Student Records, My Account Page
-Select “Add New” next to Parent PINS
-You will need to create a Login Name
*This will be their user ID when accessing your Account Page via CASHNet (our third party vendor who securely processes
payments for CSM)
email address
Cashier's Office -Input an*Without
an email address, you will be unable to complete access set-up
303-273-3158 -You can include verbiage with the welcome email that is automatically generated to them after you confirm set-up
-click OK.
-This will send an email automatically to the individual; you can edit this user’s access anytime by selecting ‘Edit’ next to Parent
Parents/Third Parties do not have access to trailhead. Therefore, a link to access your account page will be included for them in the
email. Please recommend that they save this under their favorites. The link is also located on the CSM AccountsReceivable_Cashiering webpage.
ONLY individuals YOU set up through Trailhead will be able to view your information; CSM cannot grant anyone access to your
account, you must initiate this process.
Financial Aid
Student Health
What is COF?
The Colorado Legislature created the College Opportunity Trust Fund (COF) in May 2004 and it provides a tuition stipend to eligible
undergraduate students. The stipend may only be applied to eligible undergraduate courses. The stipend is paid on a credit hour basis
to Colorado School of Mines (CSM) and then is applied to the student account. The stipend amount is set annually by the Colorado
General Assembly. Detailed COF information may be found at http://cof.college-assist.org/COFApp/COFApp/Default.aspx.
Who is eligible for the COF stipend?
CSM undergraduate students who are classified as resident students for tuition purposes are eligible to receive the COF stipend.
What steps must I take to receive the COF stipend?
First, you must apply for COF at http://cof.college-assist.org/COFApp/COFApp/Default.aspx.
Second, you must authorize CSM to use your COF funds on your behalf through Trailhead Self-Service Student. Only then will the
COF stipend be credited to your student account.
How do I enroll/waive CSM health insurance?
All degree seeking students are required to have health insurance while attending CSM. You will automatically be enrolled in the
Student Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) unless you waive coverage. Coverage can only be waived, prior to the semester census date, online through Trailhead Self-Service Student with proof of existing healthcare coverage.* Waiving coverage removes the Health
Insurance Fee from your student bill. The Health Insurance Fee is not the same as the Health Services Charge, which cannot be
waived. *Exception: International students must contact the Health Center to waive the Student Health Benefit Plan.
When is my tuition due?
Tuition and fees are due on the first business day following the Census Date. There is a 5 business day grace period. Therefore, any
payment not received by the close of business on the last day of the grace period will be assessed a late fee.Any outstanding balance
that is not covered by financial aid or a Payment Plan will be subject to late fees, assessed monthly, equal to 1.5% of the outstanding
balance. Late payments may also result in account holds, which prevent future registration, release of transcripts, and graduation.
Your account balance may be viewed through Trailhead Self-Service Student; if for any reason you do not receive your semester ebill,
you are still responsible for timely payment of your tuition. CSM generates electronic invoices only. Students have access to the
account balance at all times.
How do I pay my tuition by credit card?
Credit card payments may only be made on-line via Trailhead Self-Service Student (select: student, student records, my account page,
make a payment). We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. All credit card payments are subject to a
convenience fee. See website for details.
Can I use a payment plan to pay my tuition and fees?
Yes. Details and enrollment deadlines can be obtained via our website. You must enroll via Trailhead; a small enrollment fee will
apply, as well as any applicable convenience fees for credit card use.
How do I pay tuition by cash, check, wire or IFT?
You can pay online via electronic check, free of charge. Log into Trailhead and select: self service, student, student records, my
account page, make a payment. Checks may also be mailed to the attention of STUDENT TUITION, Colorado School of Mines at
Department 911914, Denver, CO 80291-1914. Always include your Campus Wide ID (CWID) on you check payment to ensure
proper posting of your payment. Please do not mail cash. Cash and check payments are also able to be made at the Cashier Office MF, 8-4. Information on a Wire Transfer is available upon request. Details on how to remit payment by IFT (International Funds
Transfer) can be found on our website. Please call or contact Student Receivables at 303-273-3158 if you have any questions.
NOTE: All Scholarship remittances should be sent to the Financial Aid office directly at 1600 Maple Street, Golden, CO 80401.
What do I do if I am planning to use a Tuition Prepaid Plan?
Please inform tuition prepaid that the student is attending Colorado School Of Mines. Then, Tuition Prepaid will notify CSM that we
are authorized to send an invoice for upcoming semester. Students need to pay their portion by the due date and wait for tuition
prepaid to remit payment for remaining balance or can pay whole balance in full and reimbursed from school once payment received
from tuition prepaid.
There is a credit on my account. How can I get a refund?
Students are required to enroll in eRefund via Trailhead to obtain their refund. Select; Self Service, Student, Student Records, My
Account Page, eRefund, Enroll. Student Refund Request forms must be submitted in order to request the disbursement of your refund:
Student Refund Request Form. Refund payments are reflected on your Student Account as a charge to offset the credit, bringing your
account to a zero balance.
If I withdraw from classes, are my tuition and fees refundable?
If you officially withdraw from ALL classes through the Registrar, you may be entitled to an adjustment of charges or a refund. After
you have submitted your withdrawal request, the Dean of Students Office will determine your official drop date. The credit adjustment
is as follows:
Official Drop Date (with regards to the start of classes)
Credit Adjustment
Less than 2 weeks
Less than 3 weeks
Less than 4 weeks
Less than 5 weeks
5 weeks or more
**Exact dates may be found on the Registrar’s website.
Please note that your financial aid may be adjusted by the Financial Aid Office according to federal regulations.
What am I required to do if I receive an eBill for tuition from CSM but I have decided to attend another university or college?
You must contact the Admissions/Financial Aid Office to make formal notification that you will not be attending at CSM. If you do
not meet the requirements for formal notification, the tuition charges will remain your personal obligation.
What are my responsibilities as a student?
Upon registration at CSM, you agree to accept responsibility for any charges and fees posted to your account, as well as any accepted
financial aid and loans. You are also responsible for understanding the official policies concerning schedule changes, withdrawals, and
leaves from CSM and how these changes can affect your financial debt obligation and financial aid eligibility.
How do I obtain a Parking Permit if I have a car on campus?
Please visit the Parking Services webpage to obtain further information: http://inside.mines.edu/Parking
Thank you!
Was this manual useful for you? yes no
Thank you for your participation!

* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project

Download PDF