Manual til Magnet, ferrit - Ø5 x 5mm (cylinder) MAGNET3 [H17141]

Manual til Magnet, ferrit - Ø5 x 5mm (cylinder) MAGNET3 [H17141]
Advice for the safe handling of magnets (1/2)
Danger
Swallowing
Children could swallow small magnets. If several magnets are swallowed, they could get stuck in the intestine and
cause perilous complications.
è Magnets are not toys! Make sure that children don’t play with magnets.
Danger
Electrical conductivity
Magnets are made of metal and conduct electricity. Children might try to put magnets into a power outlet and
thereby suffer from an electric shock
è Magnets are not toys! Make sure that children don’t play with magnets.
Warning
Contusions
Big magnets have a very strong attractive force. Unsafe handling could cause jamming of fingers or skin in between
magnets. This may lead to contusions and bruises. Powerful, very large magnets could cause bone fractures.
è Wear heavy protective gloves when handling larger magnets.
Warning
Pacemaker
Magnets could affect the functioning of pacemakers and implanted heart defibrillators. A pacemaker could switch
into test mode and cause illness. A heart defibrillator may stop working.
è If you wear these devices keep sufficient distance to magnets
è Warn others who wear these devices from getting too close to magnets.
Warning
Heavy objects
Too heavy loads, symptoms of fatigue as well as material defect could cause a magnet or magnetic hook to loosen
from the surface that is was attached to. Falling objects could lead to serious injuries.
è The indicated adhesive force applies only to ideal conditions. Allow for a high safety cushion.
è Don’t use magnets in places where people could sustain injuries in case of material failure
Warning
Metal splinters
Magnets are brittle. Colliding magnets could crack. Sharp splinters could be catapulted away for several meters and
injure your eyes.
è Avoid the collision of magnets.
è Wear safety glasses when handling larger magnets.
è Make sure that nearby people are also protected or keep their distance.
Caution
Magnetic field
Magnets produce a far-reaching, strong magnetic field. They could damage TVs and laptops, computer hard
drives, credit and ATM cards, data storage media, mechanical watches, hearing aids and speakers.
è Keep magnets away from devices and objects that could be damaged by strong magnetic fields.
Caution
Combustibility
When machining magnets, the drilling dust could easily ignite.
è Stay away from machining magnets or use appropriate tools and sufficient cooling water.
EN - 2012/01
Advice for the safe handling of magnets
Advice for the safe handling of magnets (2/2)
Caution
Nickel allergy
Many of our magnets have coatings that contain nickel. Some people have an allergic reaction when they come into
contact with nickel. Nickel allergies could develop from constant contact with nickel-plated objects.
è Avoid constant skin contact with nickel-plated magnets.
è Avoid contact with magnets if you already have a nickel allergy.
Caution
Airfreight
Magnetic fields of improperly packaged magnets could influence airplane navigation devices. In the worst case it
could lead to an accident.
è Airfreight magnets only in packaging with sufficient magnetic shielding.
Caution
Postage
Magnetic fields of improperly packaged magnets could cause disturbances in sorting machines and damage
fragile goods in other packages.
è Use a large box and place the magnet in the middle surrounded by lots of padding material.
è Arrange magnets in a package in a way that the magnetic fields neutralise each other.
è If necessary, use sheet iron to shield the magnetic field.
Notice
Influence on people
According to the current level of knowledge, magnetic fields of permanent magnets do not have a measurable
positive or negative influence on people. It is unlikely that permanent magnets constitute a health risk, but it
cannot be ruled out entirely.
è For your own safety, avoid constant contact with magnets.
è Store large magnets at least one metre away from your body.
Notice
Splintering of coating
Most of our magnets have a thin nickel-copper-nickel coating to protect them from erosion. This coating could
splinter or crack due to collision or large pressure. This makes them vulnerable to environmental influences like
moisture and they could oxidise.
è Separate big magnets, especially spheres, with a piece of cardboard.
è Avoid collisions of magnets as well as repeated mechanical exposure (e.g. blows, bashes).
Notice
Oxidation, corrosion, rust
Untreated magnets oxidise quickly and disintegrate. Most of our magnets have a nickel-copper-nickel coating to
protect them from corrosion. This coating provides some protection against corrosion, but it is not robust enough
for continuous outdoor use.
è Use magnets only in the dry indoors or protect them against environmental influences.
è Avoid damages to the coating.
Notice
Temperature stability
Magnets can withstand only a limited maximum temperature. Depending on the magnet material it ranges
anywhere between 80 and 200 °C. Most of our magnets lose part of their adhesive force permanently at a
temperature of 80 °C.
è Don’t use magnets in places where they are exposed to extreme heat.
è If you use an adhesive, don’t harden it with hot air.
Notice
Mechanical treatment
Magnets are brittle, heat-sensitive and oxidise easily. When drilling or sawing a magnet with improper tools the
magnet may break. The emerging heat may demagnetise the magnet. The magnet will oxidise and disintegrate due
to the damaged coating.
è Avoid machining magnets if you do not have the necessary machines and experience.
EN - 2012/01
Advice for the safe handling of magnets
Was this manual useful for you? yes no
Thank you for your participation!

* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project

Download PDF

advertisement