Pro AV/IT HDBaseT Extender over CAT5e/6/7 with Dual HDMI
The information in this manual has been carefully checked and is believed to be accurate. Comprehensive assumes no responsibility for any infringements of patents or other rights of third parties which may result from its use.
Comprehensive assumes no responsibility for any inaccuracies that may be contained in this document. Comprehensive also makes no commitment to update or to keep current the information contained in this document.
Comprehensive reserves the right to make improvements to this document and/or product at any time and without notice.
No part of this document may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or any of its part translated into any language or computer file, in any form or by any means— electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual, or otherwise—without express written permission and consent from
© Copyright 2011 by Comprehensive. All Rights Reserved.
Version 1.0 September 2011
All products or service names mentioned in this document may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
Please read all instructions before attempting to unpack, install or operate this equipment and before connecting the power supply.
Please keep the following in mind as you unpack and install this equipment:
• Always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons.
• To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to rain, moisture or install this product near water.
• Never spill liquid of any kind on or into this product.
• Never push an object of any kind into this product through any openings or empty slots in the unit, as you may damage parts inside the unit.
• Do not attach the power supply cabling to building surfaces.
• Use only the supplied power supply unit (PSU). Do not use the PSU if it is damaged.
• Do not allow anything to rest on the power cabling or allow any weight to be placed upon it or any person walk on it.
• To protect the unit from overheating, do not block any vents or openings in the unit housing that provide ventilation and allow for sufficient space for air to circulate around the unit.
DATE DD/MM/YY SUMMARY OF CHANGE
VR0 09/01/14 Preliminary Release
1. Introduction............................................ 1
2. Applications ........................................... 1
3. Package Contents ................................ 1
4. System Requirements............................ 1
5. Features .................................................. 2
6. Operation Controls and Functions....... 3
6.1 Front Panel ........................................ 3
6.2 Rear Panel......................................... 3
6.3 Transmitter Front and Rear Panels. 4
6.3 D-Sub 9-Pin Definitions ..................... 5
6.4 IR Cable Pin Assignment.................. 6
7. Connection Diagram ............................ 7
8. Specifications ........................................ 8
8.1 CAT5e/6/7 Cable Specification ..... 9
9. Acronyms ............................................... 9
Comprehensive's HDBaseT extender with Dual Simultaneous HDMI
Outputs, Transmitter & Receiver accept resolutions up to 1080p Full
HD, 4Kx2K timing, 3D and multi-channel digital audio formats and sends to two HDTV outputs. The HDMI can be connected to HDMI display for instant nearby display and the CAT5e/6/7 can be connected to the Transmitter for distance up to 330 feet with
Bidirectional PoE feature. Further, a total of 100Mbps Ethernet transmission rate allows all connected device to share the Ethernet service and Bidirectional PoE provides PoE to the Transmitter or received from compatible PoE Transmitter through CAT5e/6/7.
• Household entertainment sharing and control
• Lecture room display and control
• Showroom display and control
• Meeting room presentation and control
• Classroom display and control
3. PACKAGE CONTENTS
• HDBaseT Extender with Dual HDMI Outputs Transmitter & Receiver
• IR Receiver x 1
• 3.5mm Phone Jack to RS-232 Cable
• Operation Manual
4. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Input HDMI over CAT5e/6/7 Transmitter and output display with HDMI input.
• HDMI with 3D & 4Kx2K supported, HDCP and DVI compliant
• HDMI outputs play identical video signal simultaneously
• Supports data rate from 250Mbps up to 3Gbps
• Supports wide range of PC resolutions from VGA to WUXGA and HDTV resolutions up to 4Kx2K ([email protected] and
• Supports LPCM 7.1CH, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD
• Supports audio sapling rate from 32-192kHz sample rate
• Supports distances up to 330 feet through CAT5e/6/7 cables
• Supports Ethernet transmission rate up to 100Mbps
• Supports USB service port
• Supports Bidirectional IR control
• Supports RS-232 control
• Supports Bidirectional PoE
1. This system was tested with CAT6/23AWG cables, results may vary with cables of a different specification.
2. The PoE function is designed for powering compatible Transmitter units only non-PoE Transmitter will need their own power supply.
Transmitter of another brand may not be compatible.
3. Displaying HDMI 4Kx2K resolution require the standard 4Kx2K HDMI cable and display in order for proper image displaying.
6. OPERATION CONTROLS AND FUNCTIONS
6.1 Receiver Front Panel
HDMI OUT 1 HDMI OUT 2
1 1 2 3
HDMI OUT 1 & 2:
Connect to HDMI displays for instant image display or cascade with another family type Transmitter. The unit will detect HDMI OUT
1's EDID when it obtain a 4Kx2K EDID and send out the signal accordingly to other output ports. If HDMI OUT 1's EDID is without a
4Kx2K's EDID the unit will detect all output's EDID and send out the signal that all output can accept.
This device obtain last memory function therefore, the device will use the last HDMI OUT 1's EDID when HDMI OUT 1 is not connected to a display after power cycling or switch in between the EDID setting.
Connect to intranet or internet service system for a total sharing rate of 100Mbps within the link of Receiver.
Warning: DO NOT connect this slot with any of the CAT5e/6/7 port, doing so may trigger a power shot down and ruin the device.
3 RS-232 OUT:
Connect to a RS-232 enabled device (with supplied 3.5mm
Phone Jack to D-Sub 9-Pin male adaptor) for transmit of RS-232 commands.
6.2 Rear Panel
DC 24V IR 1
1 POWER LED:
Once the power supply is connected the LED will illuminate.
Plug the 24V DC power supply into the unit and connect the adaptor to an AC outlet.
IR 2 BLASTER:
Connect to the supplied IR Blaster cable for IR signal transmission.
Place the IR Blaster in direct line-of-sight of the equipment to be controlled.
IR 1 EXTENDER:
Connect to the supplied IR Extender cable for IR signal reception.
Ensure that remote controller being used is within the direct line-of- sight of the IR Extender.
This port is reserved for firmware update only.
6 LINK LED:
The link LED will illuminate when both the input source and output display signals are connected through CAT cable. When it blinks regularly it states the display is NOT sending signals to Receiver but the Transmitter and Receiver are linked and if it blink irregularly it states an error has occurred.
Connect this port to Transmitter with CAT5e/6/7 cable to extend the signal up to 330ft.
6.3 Transmitter Front and Rear Panels
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
HDMI In: Connect to HDMI source equipment such as a DVD or Blu- ray player.
LAN: Connect to an internet or network connection.
RS-232 In: Connect to a PC or laptop with D-Sub 9 pin male cable for the transmission of RS-232 commands.
Power LED: This blue LED will illuminate when the device is connected to a power supply.
DC 24V: Plug the 24 V DC power supply into the unit and connect the adaptor to an AC outlet.
IR 1 Blaster: Connect to the supplied IR blaster cable for IR signal transmission. Place the IR blaster in direct line-of-sight of the equipment to be controlled.
IR 2 Extender: Connect to the supplied IR receiver cables for IR signal reception. Ensure that remote being used is within the direct line-of-sight of the IR extender.
Link LED: The yellow LED will illuminate when both the input and output signals are connected.
CAT5e/6 Out: Connect to the receiver unit with a Single CAT5e/6 cable for transmission of all data signals.
6.4 D-Sub 9-Pin Definitions
6.5 IR Cable Pin Assignment
Power 3.3 V
IR Blaster Signal
Power 3.3 V
7. CONNECTION DIAGRAM
HDMI OUT 1 HDMI OUT 2
3D TV/Display 3D TV/Display
Router (with Internet
Transmitter Input ports
1 x HDMI,
1 x IR Extender,
1 x LAN, 1 x RS-232
1 x USB (Service only)
CAT5e/6/7 Input Cable
Up to 330 Feet
Receiver Output ports
2 x HDMI,
1 x RS-232
1 x IR Blaster,
Up to 32 [email protected] or12-bit 1080p
HDMI Output Cable
Up to 4Kx2K
24V / 1.25A DC (US/EU standards, CE/FCC/
±8kV (air-gap discharge)
±4kV (contact discharge)
3.9" x 4.4" x 1.5" Transmitter
4" x 4.2" x 0.9" Receiver
0 °C~40 °C
−20 °C ~ 60 °C/−4 °F~140 °F
20~90 % RH (non-condensing)
8.1 CAT5e/6/7 Cable Specification
Cable Range Pixel clock Video Data
Type rate Rate
CAT5e/6/7 330 ft <=225 MHz <=5.3 Gbps
Up to 1080p, 60 Hz, 36 bits, 3D (data rates lower than 5.3 Gbps or below 225 MHz
4K2K, 30Hz video formats
230 ft >225 MHz > 5.3 Gbps
CAT6A/7 330 ft >225 MHz > 5.3 Gbps
4K2K, 30Hz video formats
ACRONYM COMPLETE TERM
3840x2160 / 4096x2160
Digital Theater System
Extended Display Identification Data
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
High-Definition Multimedia Interface
The Pro’s Connectivity Since 1974
80 Little Falls Rd, Fairfield NJ 07004
Phone: 1-800-526-0242 www.comprehensiveco.com
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project