DRAFT MANUAL CHDBT-2H8CE Operation Manual
2 by 8 HDMI over HDMI & CAT5e/6/7 with PoE and Ethernet Transmitter
The information in this manual has been carefully checked and is believed to be accurate. Cypress Technology assumes no responsibility for any infringements of patents or other rights of third parties which may result from its use.
Cypress Technology assumes no responsibility for any inaccuracies that may be contained in this document. Cypress also makes no commitment to update or to keep current the information contained in this document.
Cypress Technology reserves the right to make improvements to this document and/or product at any time and without notice.
No part of this document may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or any of its part translated into any language or computer file, in any form or by any means— electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual, or otherwise—without express written permission and consent from
© Copyright 2014 by Cypress Technology. All Rights Reserved.
Version 1.0 February 2014
All products or service names mentioned in this document may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
Please read all instructions before attempting to unpack, install or operate this equipment and before connecting the power supply.
Please keep the following in mind as you unpack and install this equipment:
• Always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons.
• To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to rain, moisture or install this product near water.
• Never spill liquid of any kind on or into this product.
• Never push an object of any kind into this product through any openings or empty slots in the unit, as you may damage parts inside the unit.
• Do not attach the power supply cabling to building surfaces.
• Use only the supplied power supply unit (PSU). Do not use the PSU if it is damaged.
• Do not allow anything to rest on the power cabling or allow any weight to be placed upon it or any person walk on it.
• To protect the unit from overheating, do not block any vents or openings in the unit housing that provide ventilation and allow for sufficient space for air to circulate around the unit.
DATE DD/MM/YY SUMMARY OF CHANGE
RDV1 16/01/14 Preliminary release
1. Introduction ............................................ 1
2. Applications ........................................... 1
3. Package Contents ................................ 1
4. System Requirements ............................ 1
5. Features .................................................. 2
6. Operation Controls and Functions ....... 3
6.1 Front Panel ........................................3
6.2 Rear Panel .........................................4
6.3 IR Cable Pin Assignment ..................5
6.4 Remote Control ................................6
6.5 RS-232 Pin Definition .........................6
6.6 RS-232 Commands ...........................7
7. Connection Diagram ............................ 8
8. Specifications ........................................ 9
8.1 CAT5e/6/7 Cable Specification ...10
9. Acronyms ............................................. 10
The HDMI over HDMI and CAT5e/6/7 Transmitter can support resolutions up to 1080p Full HD, 4Kx2K timing, 3D and multi-channel digital audio formats to one HDTV and eight CAT5e/6/7 outputs.
The HDMI can be connected to HDMI display for instant nearby display and the CAT5e/6/7 can be connected to CAT5e/6/7 to HDMI
Receivers for distance up to 100 meters. Further, a total of 100Mbps
Ethernet transmission rate allows all connected device to share the
Ethernet service and the PoE function free the power shortage issue from the Receiver end.
• Household entertainment sharing and control
• Lecture room display and control
• Showroom display and control
• Meeting room presentation and control
• Classroom display and control
3. PACKAGE CONTENTS
• HDMI over HDMI & CAT5e/6/7 with PoE and Ethernet Transmitter
• IR Receiver x 1
• IR Blaster x 1
• Remote Control x 1
• 24V DC Power Adaptor
• Power Cord
• Operation Manual
4. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• Source equipment with HDMI output connector
• Display TV/Monitor with HDMI input connector
• HDMI over CAT5e/6/7 Receivers with industry CAT5e/6/7 cables
• HDMI with 3D & 4Kx2K supported, HDCP and DVI compliant
• The HDMI and CAT5e/6/7 outputs are playing the same source simultaneously
• Supports one HDMI and eight CAT5e/6/7 outputs
• Supports data rate from 250Mbps up to 3Gbps
• Supports wide range of PC resolutions from VGA to WUXGA and HDTV resolutions up to 4Kx2K ([email protected]/25/30Hz and
• Supports LPCM 7.1CH, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD
Master Audio transmission (32-192kHz sample rate)
• Supports distances up to 100 meters through CAT5e/6/7 cables
• Supports Ethernet transmission rate up to 100Mbps
• Can select Standard or TV EDID
• Supports USB service port
• The 3D signal display follow by display TV’s EDID
• Supports PoE with capable Receiver units
• Supports Bi-directional IR control
1. This system was tested with CAT6/23AWG cables, results may vary with cables of a different specification.
2. The PoE function is designed for powering compatible Receiver units only non-PoE Receivers will need their own power supply. Receivers of another brand may not be compatible.
3. Displaying HDMI 4Kx2K resolution require the standard 4Kx2K HDMI cable and display in order for proper image displaying.
6. OPERATION CONTROLS AND FUNCTIONS
6.1 Front Panel
CAT5e/ 6 / 7 OUT
LINK LINK 1 LINK 2 LINK 3 LINK 4 LINK 5 LINK 6 LINK 7 LINK 8
1 2 3 4 5
IR Window: Receive IR signal from the package included remote control only.
POWER Button & LED: Press this button to switch ON or set the device to standby mode and the LED will illuminate in Green and
SYNC: This LED will illuminate when the HDMI input port connected to the source.
HDMI IN 1/2: Press the button to selection HDMI input source 1 or 2.
The LED will illuminate according to the selection.
HDMI & CAT OUT LINK 1~8: These link LEDs will illuminate when
HDMI or CAT5e/6/7 output(s) has been connected to the Display/
Receiver(s) and the Receiver(s) has connected with display that shows image on screen.
6.2 Rear Panel
8 7 6 5
CAT5e/ 6 / 7 OUT
4 3 2 1
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
CAT5e/6/7 OUT 1~8: Connect these ports to CAT5e/6/7 to HDMI
Receivers (with or without PoE function) with CAT5e/6/7 cable to extend the signal up to 100m.
IR OUT: Connect with IR Blaster to blast out the IR signal received from the Receiver side. Place the IR Blaster in direct line-of-sight of the equipment to be controlled.
IR IN: Connect with IR Extender to receive IR signal from Transmitter side and blast out at Receiver side. Ensure that remote controller being used is within the direct line-of-sight of the IR Extender.
LAN: Connect to intranet or internet service system for a total sharing rate of 100Mbps within the link of Transmitter.
Warning: DO NOT connect this slot with any of the CAT5e/6/7 port, doing so may trigger a power shot down and ruin the device.
L/R OUT: Connect to active speaker or audio equipment for audio signal output.
OPTICAL OUT: Connect to active speaker or audio equipment for audio signal output.
HDMI OUT: Connect to HDMI display for instant image display or cascade with another family type Transmitter.
HDMI IN1/2: Connect with source equipment such as DVD/Blu-ray or PS3 player.
EDID STD/TV: The default factory setting is on TV, leave as it is when the display is properly. The unit will detect first the HDMI output’s
EDID and send out the signal accordingly to other output ports. If the HDMI output port is not connected the device will detect the
1st CAT5e/6/7 output's EDID and send out the signal accordingly to all outputs.
This device obtain the last memory function therefore, the device
will use the last HMDI output port/the 1st CAT5e/6/7's output EDID after power cycling or switch in between the EDID setting.
Switch to STD to use build-in EDID if the display has problem. STD
EDID's video at [email protected] and audio at LPCM 2CH.
SERVICE: This slot is reserved for factory service only.
RS-232: Connect this slot from PC/Laptop for RS-232 command sending.
DC 24V: Plug the 24V DC power supply into the unit and connect the adaptor to an AC outlet.
6.3 IR Cable Pin Assignment
IR Blaster Signal
6.4 Remote Control
Power: Press the button to turn
On/Off the unit.
Input Selection 1/2: Press 1/2 to select HDMI input sources 1 or 2.
6.5 RS-232 Pin Definition
Baud Rate: 115200bps
Data bit: 8 bits
Flow Control: None
Stop Bit: 1
Define TX / RX
6.6 RS-232 Commands
Power Off (Standby)
Select Input 1
Select Input 2
1. All the RS-232 command will be not executed unless followed with carriage return and LF (Line Feed).
2. Commands are case-insensitive.
7. CONNECTION DIAGRAM
Blu-ray or PS3 Player
8 7 6 5
CAT5e/ 6 / 7 OUT
4 3 2 1
IR1 E e e
Router (with Internet
2 x HDMI,
1 x IR IN, 1 x LAN,
1 x USB (Service only)
1 x RS-232
1 x HDMI,
8 x CAT5e/6/7,
1 x IR OUT,
1 x L/R OUT,
1 x Optical OUT
Up to 4Kx2K ([email protected]/25/30Hz/40
HDMI Input Cable Distance N/A
Up to 100m
Human body model:
±8kV (air-gap discharge)
±4kV (contact discharge)
24V / 6.25A DC (US/EU standards, CE/
436 mm(W) x 249 mm(D) x 44 mm(H)/
436 mm(W) x 256.2 mm(D) x 48 mm(H)/
0˚C ~ 40˚C / 32 ˚F ~ 104 ˚F
-20˚C ~ 60˚C / -4 ˚F ~ 140 ˚F
20 ~ 90% RH (non-condensing)
8.1 CAT5e/6/7 Cable Specification
Range Pixel clock rate
CAT5e/6/7 100 m <=225 MHz <=5.3 Gbps
70 m >225 MHz > 5.3 Gbps
CAT6A/7 100 m >225 MHz > 5.3 Gbps
Up to 1080p, 60 Hz, 36 bits, 3D (data rates lower than 5.3 Gbps or below 225 MHz
4K2K, 30Hz video formats
4K2K, 30Hz video formats
3840x2160 / 4096x2160
Digital Theater System
Extended Display Identification Data
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
High-Definition Multimedia Interface
CYPRESS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
Home page: http://www.cypress.com.tw
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project