Fig. 1 Fig. 2 Fig. 3 Fig. 4
Fig. 5 Fig. 6 Fig. 7 Fig. 8
Fig. 9 Fig. 10 Fig. 11 Fig. 12
Fig. 12a Fig. 12b Fig. 13 Fig. 13a Fig. 14
Fig. 15 Fig. 16 Fig. 17 Fig. 18
Fig. 19 Fig. 20
Fig. 21 Fig. 22 Fig. 23 Fig. 24
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7
We would like to thank you for choosing this Polti appliance.
By choosing Lecologico, you have made a healthy choice for your home. Lecologico by Polti is a friend of the environment and an enemy to dust, pollens, dust mites and their allergens. With its EcoActive-Filter, Lecologico traps dust in water; then the dirty water is simply poured away- so no risk of dispersing the dust into the air around you. When you’ve finished, you can put your Lecologico away perfectly clean.
With Polti’s Lecologico you can breathe a big sigh of relief. Its 6-stage filtering system with HEPA filter guarantees that the air coming out of the vacuum cleaner is perfectly clean. The EcoActive-Filter also does away with the need for dusty bags and all the unpleasant handling of them.
With Lecologico you can vacuum up dry dirt, including large objects. Or even vacuum up a limited amount of liquids, solving the problem of minor household spills.
A complete set of accessories is provided to help you do all cleaning tasks quickly and without fatigue. We suggest that you read this instruction booklet carefully before using your Lecologico.
What is the EcoActive-Filter?
The EcoActive-Filter is the revolutionary “green” heart of Lecologico, because its effectiveness is based on the natural purifying force of water.
It is the flow of water contained in the special filter and its bubble that imprison dirt, preventing all contact with dust, and avoiding dispersal of dust back into the air.
What is the HEPA filter?
Lecologico has a special extra powerful washable HEPA filter, previously used only in professional applications requiring the utmost hygiene. This filter stops even the finest dust, pollens, dust mites and other micro- organisms and is easily rinsed clean when dirty.
Cable winder switch
“EcoActive-Filter” water container
MAX level (fig.4)
Air outlet grid
Cover on filter housing (fig.16)
Lever for opening filter cover (fig.16)
10. Hepa filter (fig.18)
10a. Hepa filter retainer (fig.17)
10b. “Dual filter” assembly (fig.17)
11. Tool holder housing
13. Power cable plug
14. Indicator lights
16. “Eco Active Filter” water filter
17. Filter cage cover
17a. Filter body with fine mesh
17b. Sponge filter
17c. Filter nozzle
18. On/off and increased suction switch
19. Decreased suction switch
REMOTE CONTROL KEY
20. Pause button
21. + button
22. - button
23. Remote control functioning indicator light
24. Remote control transmitters
25. Remote control battery cover
A1. Telescopic tube release button
B1. Hardwood floor tool
C1. Brush selector
D1. Suction opening
Lance for cleaning corners/skirting board
Mini turbo brush
Turbo brush (optional)
Wheel cover for hardwood floors
P1. Joints for anchoring wheel covers in place
Flexo joint cursor (Fig. 11)
Brush for cleaning water bucket
Polti S.p.A. reserves the right to change equipment or accessory specification without prior notice.
This unit conforms with EC-directives
89/336 as amended by 93/68 (EMC) and
73/23 as amended by 93/68 (low voltage).
P R E C
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7
KEEP THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Read these instructions for use carefully before using the appliance.
• Use which does not comply with these instructions will invalidate the warranty.
• The wiring system to which the appliance is connected must always comply with the laws in force.
• Before connecting the appliance, make sure that the mains voltage is the same as the voltage indicated on the data label of the appliance and that the power outlet is connected to earth.
• Always turn off the appliance at the on/off switch before unplugging it.
• If the appliance is left unused, always disconnect it from the mains. Never leave the appliance unattended with the cable plugged into the mains.
• Always make sure the appliance is unplugged before performing maintenance work of any kind.
• Do not pull the power cord out of the socket, but grasp the plug itself to avoid damage to the socket.
• Do not allow the power cord to be twisted, crushed, stretched, or come into contact with sharp or hot surfaces.
• Do not use the appliance if the power cable or other important parts are damaged.
• Do not use electric extension leads that are not authorized by the manufacturer, as they may cause damage or fire.
• If it is necessary to replace the power supply cable, please refer to the nearest Polti authorised service centre, since the use of a special tool is necessary.
• Never touch the appliance with wet hands or feet with the cable plugged into the mains.
• Do not use the appliance when barefoot.
• Do not use the appliance near a bathtub, shower or container full of water
• Never immerse the appliance, the cable or the plugs in water or another liquid.
• Use of the appliance in places where there is a
• Do not lay the hot appliance on surfaces sensi-
• Do not leave the appliance exposed to wind or
• Do not place the appliance near a live element, an electric stove or any other source of heat.
• Do not expose the appliance to extreme temperatures
• Never let children or people who are not familiar with how the appliance works use it.
• Do not press the buttons hard or with a pointed object such as a pen.
• Always rest the appliance on a stable surface.
• In case of accidental fall of the appliance it is necessary to have it checked by an authorized
Service Centre as the internal safety features may have been affected.
• In case of breakdown or malfunction switch off the appliance and never attempt to disassemble it, but refer to an authorized Service Centre.
• In order to avoid prejudicing the safety of the appliance, use only original spare parts and accessories approved by the manufacturer.
• Do not wind the power cord around the appliance, especially when the appliance is still hot.
• Do not use the appliance to suck up acids or solvents, as these might cause serious damage to the appliance and above all do not suck in explosive dust or liquids, as these could cause explosions on coming into contact with the inside components of the appliance.
• Do not vacuum up toxic substances.
• Do not suck up burning or incandescent objects such as embers, ash or other material in which combustion is taking place.
• It is necessary to keep the unit in horizontal position during operation.
• Water tank can be filled with tap water.
• Do not vacuum up materials such as cement, chalk etc. which solidify once they came in contact with water thus damaging the appliance
danger of explosions is prohibited.
Do not use the product with toxic substances.
tive to heat.
O R R E C T U S E O F T H E P R O D U C T
This appliance is intended for home use for vacuuming liquids and solids in accordance with the descriptions and instructions provided in this manual.
Please read these instructions carefully and keep them safely where you or other users can refer to them: they may be useful in the future.
• This appliance is built according to current regulations for recycling.
• Do not throw away the packing materials used to protect the appliance during transportation, but take them to relevant collecting centres.
• Filters and accessories are sold in authorised assistance centres and in all major appliance shops.
• Use only original Polti spare parts.
A T T E N T
II O N
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7
Polti declines liability for any damage or accident derived from any use of LECO-
LOGICO which is not in conformity with the instructions contained in this booklet.
II N S T A L L A
Before using Lecologico, assemble the casters
(12) as shown in figure 1.
second, then release it. Lecologico will begin operating at minimum speed, and the first indicator light (14) will stay on.
• There are four power levels. We recommend
minimum power for curtains, medium low power for sofas, armchairs and cushions,
medium high for carpets and high for floors and hard surfaces (ceramics, marble, etc.).
• Press button (18) to increase speed; each time you press button (18) motor power will increase by one step. Each time the speed increases another level, the next level of indicator lights come on.
• Press button (19) to decrease speed, every time you press, motor power will drop one step and one indicator light will go out.
• To restore the appliance to the pause position, hold down button (18) for more than one second, then release it.
F U N C T II II O N II II N G V II II A
C O N T R O L
R E M O T E
P R E P A R A T II II O N F O R U S E
• Remove the water container (6) from the appliance, holding it by the handle (4) (fig.2).
• Remove the filter unit (16) (fig.3). Fill the water container (6) with ordinary tap water up to the
MAX H2O indicator (7) as shown in figure 4. The required quantity is 800cc of water.
• place the filter assembly (16) in the water container (6), being careful to align them perfectly.
• Put the water container (6) back inside the appliance, performing the operations listed above in reverse order.
• Insert the suction opening (D1) on the hose (D) into connection (15) (fig. 5).
• Insert the battery in the remote control handle as illustrated in the section “Replacement of remote control battery”.
• Lecologico offers you the advantage of operating by using the buttons placed on the machine body or the remote control handle without distinction. In the latter case, you will have all the functions on hand, without having to bend down.
• Press the button (20). Lecologico will start to function at minimum speed and the first indicator light (14) will stay on.
• In order to increase the speed, press the button
(21). Each time the button is pressed (21) the power of the motor will be increased by one level. Each time the speed increases another level, the next level of indicator lights come on.
• By pressing the button (22) the machine does the opposite, each time the button is pressed the power of the motor will decrease and the light indicator will go out.
• To restore the appliance to the pause position, hold down button (20).
Note: so that the remote control operates in large rooms and outside, turn the two transmitters on the handle towards the device.
F U N C
• Unwind the cable (13) to remove it COMPLETE-
LY from its housing, pulling the plug toward you
• Plug into a suitable power outlet.
• Press the main switch (1) (fig. 8) and the first level of the indicator lights (14) will begin flashing. This means Lecologico is in the pause position.
Hold down the button (18) for more than one
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7
O V E R B O O S
N E M P T Y
II N G A N D C L E
II N G
W A T E R C O N T A
T H E
The “OVERBOOST” function makes it possible to avail of greater suction power for a limited period of time.
• Take the suction power to the fourth speed (all four light indicators (14) lit up).
• Press the button (18) or (21). At this point, Lecologico’s suction power will increase for a duration of around 10 seconds and then return to the fourth speed. The overboost function is indicated by the progressive lighting up of the light indicators(14).
NOTE: For 20 seconds following the switching off of this function, it is not possible to re-activate it.
Turn off the appliance with the main switch (1) and unplug the power cable. This precaution also resets the safety device.
Remove the water container (6) from the appliance, holding it by the handle (4) (fig.2). Remove the filter assembly (fig. 3) and empty out the container, tipping it toward the side with the spout (fig. 10), and then rinse it out. Top up the water level if you want to continue working.
Reassemble the filter cage and put it back inside the appliance. The appliance is now ready to be put away.
Note: water in the container will not damage the appliance, but it is advisable to empty the container before putting away Lecologico. One of the greatest benefits offered by Lecologico is the fact that you can put it away clean, unlike vacuum cleaners with bags, which must be put away with the dirt in the bag.
D R Y – L
II Q U
II D S U C
The appliance is used in the same way to vacuum up dust or limited amount of liquids. If the water is very dirty, replace it as described in the section on
“Emptying and cleaning the water container”. When the dirt collected in the water container (6) reaches the maximum permitted level, the safety float (W) will automatically stop the suction. The motor will turn over audibly faster. After 10 seconds the appliance will automatically pause and the four indicator lights (14) will start flashing. To resume cleaning, perform the operations described in the section on emptying and cleaning the container, then top up the water level in the container.
U S II II N G T O O L S
Tools may be connected directly to the hose (D) or to the telescopic tube (A) or the jointed tube (M).
Using the telescopic tube (A)
The tube is about 60 cm long when closed, 1 m when extended to its greatest length. To increase or decrease length, press the catch positioned as shown in fig. 6 and extend or reduce length as desired.
B II II O E C O L O G II C O
We recommend use of Bioecologico, an anti-bacterial gent scented with natural anti-allergenic substances.
Add regularly to the water you use to fill Lecologico water container (6) to prevent proliferation of bacteria and micro-organisms and inhibit allergens. As well as providing a sanitising action, Biecologico also eliminates odours from collected dust in the water.
Use: add 8 ml each time you fill the water container.
Bioecologico is sold by appliance dealers or by mail order from the authorised Polti Service Centres.
Bioecologico is available in the “neutral” unscented version or in mountain pine or citrus.
Jointed tube (M)
The handy jointed tube is particularly adaptable as it can be folded and adjusted to suit the task in hand.
It is handy for cleaning spots that are hard to reach with traditional tools, such as high shelves, the tops of wardrobes, underneath furniture, etc. All other tools may be fitted to the jointed tube (fig. 20).
Using the joker brush (B)
The Joker brush may be used to vacuum up solids or a limited amount of liquids on any kind of surface.
Using the hardwood floor tool (B1) and the hardwood floor wheel cover (P)
Position the Joker brush (B) on the hardwood floor tool (B1) as shown in figure 13. Apply the tool to the brush, following the direction of the arrow so that it is aligned properly and they connect together. To release the hardwood floor tool from the Joker brush, pull the two levers on the sides of the frame outward
Multipurpose nozzle (E)
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7 and lift the brush (fig. 13a). You should also use wheel covers (P) to prevent damage to your hardwood floor. To assemble wheel covers, simply fit together the two joints (P1) in the housings on the bottom of the appliance (fig.14). To release the tool, simply press the two joints (P1) inward and lift off the wheel cover.
Using the universal brush (C)
Connect the brush to the telescopic tube. If you move the selector on the brush (C1) and press with a foot, you can change the suctioning surface without bending down. The position with bristles extended is recommended for all non-carpeted floors. The position without bristles is recommended for car-
The multipurpose nozzle is recommended for cleaning upholstery surfaces such as the joints of sofas, armchairs, mattresses, car upholstery, etc.
Lance for cleaning corners/skirting boards (F)
– radiator brush (L)
The lance (F) is recommended for thorough vacuum cleaning of hard-to-reach spots such as skirting boards and folds in sofas, armchairs, upholstered furniture and car upholstery. Apply the radiator brush (L) to the tip of the lance (F) to clean inside radiator elements and remove accumulated dust.
Using the flexo joint (I)
This special joint allows you to reach hard-to-reach spots without bending down. Insert the Flexo joint between the hose and the telescopic tube, holding the notch on the front part of the handle. To change its inclination, rotate the cursor (Y) (fig.11) by a half turn. The joint that allows you to alter the working angle of the tube will then appear (fig.11). Put the joint back in its original position when you have finished, and cover it with the cursor to lock it in place.
Mini turbo brush (N)
The mini turbo brush is particularly recommended for cleaning sofas and armchairs, car upholstery, fabric-covered walls, etc.
It easily removes dust, dandruff and textile residues.
It is useful for preventing allergies, as the mechanical action of the roller with bristles vacuums up animal hair.
Periodically clean the mini turbo brush as follows:
• Slacken the screws on the base of the tool
• Separate the two parts that make up the brush
• Vac up dirt inside the brush with the tube with no tool on it (fig.23).
• Close the brush again, performing these operations in reverse order (fig.24).
Soft brush (G)
The soft brush has soft bristles for dusting delicate surfaces such as picture frames, books, etc.
Using the tool holder (H) and tool holder housing (11)
The tool holder may be used to fasten tools onto the body of the appliance or the handle.
Turbo Brush (O) (Optional)
The turbo brush is designed for perfect cleaning of carpets with a maximum pile length up to 15 mm.
The rotating brush effortlessly picks up threads, hair, animal hair and other particles which are normally particularly difficult to vacuum up. The turbo brush may successfully be used on hard surfaces too.
A U T O M A T
C A B L E
Installation on the handle: Hook one of the tool holder rings to the handle. Insert the tools you want to keep handy in the rings (fig.12).
Before putting the vacuum cleaner away, rewind the power cable by pressing the button (2), as shown in fig.9, being careful to accompany it during winding.
Replacing on the appliance body: Slide the tool holder guide into the groove on the back of the appliance as shown in figure 12a, proceeding to anchor the tools as described above. You may perform the same operation to replace the universal brush (C) with the telescopic tube (A) attached to it
G E N E R A L
E N A
Always make sure the appliance is unplugged before performing maintenance work of any kind.
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7
C L E A N
II N G T H E W A T
R F II
A S S E M B L Y
(( 1 6
R E P L
O T E
• Pull the nozzle (17c) until it comes off the filter cage. Separate the body of the cage (17a) from the filter cover (17).
• Remove the sponge filter (17b) from the cage.
If the filter is damaged, replace it. Rinse all components under running water. Let the sponge filter dry before putting it back into the appliance.
• Reassemble the filter assembly, repeating the operations in the reverse order.
Note: Make sure that the filter nozzle (17c) is correctly positioned, checking that the arrow on the nozzle is aligned with the notch on the bottom of the cage (17a) (fig.15).
• If the filter needs replacing, always use an original Polti filter, available by mail order from the
Technical Service Centre.
• A cleaning brush (Z) is supplied for easy cleaning of the water container (6); it may also be used to clean the appliance’s hose connections and the inside of tools.
NOTE: Do not use the brush for cleaning the outside of the appliance
In order to work, the remote control handle needs to be powered by a 12V. type MN21 battery. The duration of the battery depends on the frequency of use. If, when pressing the buttons (21) or (22) on the remote control, the light (23) does not come on, replace the battery.
Take the remote control handle, press the lever on the battery cover (25), pulling it towards the keypad of the remote control.
Remove the small cover and replace the battery taking care to match up the + and – signs with those indicated. Replace the cover (25).
NOTE: in order to respect the environment, we recommend that you dispose of the battery in the specific collection bins.
C L E A N
II N G T H E H E P A F
II L T E R
A N D T H E “ D U A L F
T E R ”
A S S E M B L Y
Proceed as follows to clean filters:
• press the two levers on the filter cover (9a) and pull off the filter cover (9) (fig.16);
• pull on the “dual filter” (10b) to remove it from its housing and then remove the microfilter and moisture protection filter that compose it
• rotate the filter retainer (10a) as shown in fig.17 and remove the Hepa filter (10) (fig.18);
• rinse the filters in cold running water. Shake them gently after washing to eliminate any residual dirt and excess water.
• when dry, put the filters back in the appliance, performing the same operations in reverse order.
NOTE: let the filters dry naturally, far away from light and heat sources. You should wait 24 hours before reassembling filters in the appliance.
• Replace the filters if they are torn.
• Filters should be cleaned every 4 months.
WARNING: do not clean filters with the brush, as this could damage them, decreasing their filtering capacity.
Do not use detergents, do not scrape filters, and do not attempt to wash them in a dishwasher.
L E C O L O G I C O A S 8 0 7
T R O U B L E S
The vacuum cleaner won’t start:
check that the appliance is plugged in
E L E C T R
II C A L S A F E
The vacuum cleaner goes off during use and the four indicator lights come on:
a) there is too much liquid in the container. Restore the correct level.
b) The selected power level is too high for the type of surface you are cleaning.
In both cases, press the switch (1), unplug the power cable and leave it unplugged for a few seconds so that the safety device will be reset.
Suction power is decreased:
The nozzle, hose or tools may be blocked up, or the
Hepa filter may be dirty. Clean the Hepa filter and remove any obstructions from the hose.
Leakage of water when suctioning up liquids:
The float may be blocked up. Clean the filter assembly and make sure that the water level in the container is correct.
• The remote control does not work
Battery probably flat. Check the charge of the battery and if necessary replace it..
No earth required.
Ensure the mains voltage suits your appliance.
Fitting the mains plug important
The wires in the mains lead are coloured in accordance with the following code:
• Blue: Neutral
• Brown: Live
The wire which is coloured BLUE must be connected to the Terminal which is marked with the letter “N” or coloured BLACK.
The wire which is coloured BROWN must be connected to the Terminal which is marked with the letter “L” or coloured RED.
It is important that the outer sheath is clamped correctly into the 3-pin plug.
If in doubt consult your local Service Dealer or qualified electrician before the machine is used.
A 13 AMP FUSE MUST BE FITTED TO THE MAINS
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project