moto G123 car seat
moto G123 car seat
Suitable for 9kg to 36 kg
(approximately 9 months to 11 years)
• TheSe INSTRucTIONS ARe IMpORTANT. pleASe ReAd
cARefully ANd ReTAIN fOR fuTuRe RefeReNce.
• Please read thoroughly before commencing installation as an incorrect installation could be dANGeROuS.
• do not use this child seat in Passenger seats equiPPed with air bags.
• This child seat can be used with the harness for children of 9 to 18kg in weight (approx. 9 months to 4 years).
• This child seat can be used without the harness for children weighing 15 to 36kg in weight (approx. 3 years to
• This seat can only be installed forward facing using a three-point lap and diagonal seat belt.
• Do not use this child seat in the home. It has not been designed for home use and should only be used in your vehicle.
• The safest seating position for this child seat is on the rear seat of a vehicle.
• Never use the child seat without fastening the child’s harness correctly (group 1, 9-18kg) and never attempt to use without fastening it into the vehicle.
• Do not add to or modify the seat in any way.
• Do not leave your child unattended in the seat at any time.
• Car interiors can become very hot when in direct sunlight, it is therefore recommended that the child seat should be covered when not in use. This prevents components, particularly those attached to the child seat, becoming hot and burning the child.
• In the event of an emergency it is important that the child can be released quickly. This means that the buckle is not fully tamper proof and so your child must be taught never to play with the buckle.
• Luggage and other heavy or sharp objects should be secured in the car. Loose objects are liable to cause injury in the event of an accident.
• Periodically inspect the harness for wear, paying particular attention to attachment points, stitching and adjusting devices.
• Store this child seat in a safe place when it is not being used. Avoid placing heavy objects on top of it. Do not allow your child seat to come into contact with corrosive substances e.g. battery acid.
the tyPe of aPProved seat belt you must have warning: the car seat should not be fitted in a passenger seat of a vehicle that has an air bag fitted. (srs)
Your child seat can only be installed forward facing using a three-point lap and diagonal seat belt in the front or rear passenger seat of the vehicle.
pARTS ANd fITTINGS
Buckle & crotch pad
Harness adjuster lever
Harness adjuster strap
Button (headrest height adjustment)
Seat belt routing slot
cORRecT ShOuldeR STRAp heIGhT
No - Too low No - Too high Yes - Correct
chANGING The ShOuldeR STRAp heIGhT
Firstly, release the strap holding the backrest cover on to gain access to the harness. Slide one of the harness straps off the harness connector (1).
From the front of the seat, pull it through the slot in the seats backrest and fabric cover (2).
Thread the harness strap back through the next slot up or down on the cover and backrest (3).
Re-thread the harness strap back onto the harness connector at the back of the seat (4).
Repeat for the other harness strap. Ensure both strap are at the same height
ReMOvING The SAfeTy hARNeSS
Release the strap at the bottom of the backrest cover to gain access to the harness (1).
Slide both the harness straps off the harness connector (2 &
3) at the back of the backrest and pull the webbing through the slots in the seat backrest and fabric cover.
ReMOvING The SAfeTy hARNeSS lAp STRApS
Turn the webbing retainers on their narrowest end and feed them through the slots in the base of the seat, then through the slots in the fabric cover.
fastening the safety seat buckle
Slot the two metal sections of the buckle connectors together (1).
Slot the two buckle connectors into the slot in the top of the buckle until they “click” into place (2).
Always check the harness is correctly locked by pulling the shoulder straps upwards (3).
To release the harness, press the red button on the buckle downwards.
TIGhTeNING The hARNeSS
Pull the shoulder straps upwards to remove the slack from the lap sections of the harness (1). Now pull the adjuster strap until the harness is fully tightened (2).
The harness should be adjusted as tightly as possible without causing discomfort to your child.
Ensure that the lap strap portion of the harness is located as low as possible towards the thighs-not around the tummy.
A loose harness can be dangerous.
Check the harness adjustment and tighten each time the child is placed in the seat
slackening the harness
The harness is slackened by pressing the lever (under the seat cover) on the front of the seat.
Press down on the label marked press (1) as you grip the two shoulder straps with your other hand. Pull the shoulder straps towards you to loosen the harness
Take care when adjusting the shoulder straps that you do not trap the harness adjuster straps as you press the lever down.
fITTING The cAR SeAT WITh The 3-pOINT lAp & diagonal seat belt 9-18kg
(approx. 9 months to 4 years).
Place the car seat on the vehicle’s seat. Ensure that the backrest of the car seat is pushed firmly against the backrest of the vehicle’s seat
Thread the car seat belt through the seat belt route slot in the seat’s plastic backrest furthest from the car’s seat belt buckle and then out through the other seat belt route slot and fasten it into the seat belt buckle (2).
Check the webbing of the seat belt has not become twisted or tangled and that the lap belt goes under the armrest and the diagonal belt under the headrest belt guide then goes over the red belt guide on the side of the backrest (3).
Place your knee on the base of the safety seat and grip the top piece of the seat belt webbing. Pull the webbing upwards to tighten the seat belt (4).
Finish tightening the webbing by pulling the diagonal strap upwards until there is no slack and the seat is held firmly in place (5).
Now you can strap your child into the seat. Make sure the seat belt has not become twisted. Also check that the cover is not impeding the movement or fit of the seat belt webbing in any way. To release your child seat follow the above instructions in reverse order.
adjusting the headrest height 15-25kg
(approx. 3 years to 11 years).
(According to the child’s height)
The headrest can be adjusted up or down.
Put your left (or right) hand on the backrest.
Pull the button with your other hand.
Move the headrest up or down as required ensuring the position fits your child.
fitting the car seat using the belt guide
IMpORTANT: before fitting the seat remove the shoulder straps, crotch strap and lap strap.
Place the car seat onto the vehicle’s seat. Ensure that the backrest of the seat is pushed firmly against the backrest of the vehicle’s seat (1).
Place the child in the child safety seat (2).
Fasten the seat belt. Make sure that both the sections of the seat belt webbing go under the armrest closest to the buckle. Tighten the seat belt by pulling the diagonal strap upwards (3).
Slot the diagonal belt through the red belt guide on the side of the headrest (4).
Make sure the seat belt has not become twisted.
Also check that the cover is not impeding the movement or fit of the seat belt webbing in any way.
fitting the booster cushion 22-36kg
(approx. 4 years to 11 years).
IMpORTANT: remove the seat’s backrest.
Seat belt lock
Remove the backrest from the booster cushion and place in a safe place with the other fittings.
imPortant: the seat belt lock must be used.
the seat belt lock can be found inside the cover at the back of the booster cushion.
Place the booster cushion on the vehicle’s seat, ensuring it is firmly against the vehicle’s seat and backrest (1).
Place the child on the booster cushion (2).
Fasten the seat belt, making sure that the lap belt webbing goes under both armrests and the diagonal belt webbing goes over the armrest near the buckle. Check the webbing has not become twisted then tighten the seat belt by pulling upwards on the diagonal strap (3).
Check the seat belt to ensure there is no slack and the belt has not become twisted (4).
Check that the cover is not impeding the movement or fit of the seat belt in anyway.
To release the child, simply unfasten the seat belt in the normal way.
cARe ANd MAINTeNANce
THESE INSTRUCTIoNS ARE IMPoRTANT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND RETAIN
FoR FUTURE REFERENCE.
backrest cover removal: First release the elastic strap at the bottom of the backrest cover. Slide the cover off. The cover can now be cleaned.
headrest, booster cushion cover removal: Slide the cover off.
The cover can now be cleaned.
washing the covers: The covers should be hand washed using a mild soap and warm water. Do not use chemicals and never attempt to bleach or dye the webbing. Allow to dry naturally.
The seat restraint must not be used without the cover.
The seat cover should be replaced with one recommended by the manufacturer, because the cover constitutes an integral part of the restraints performance.
Do not use the car seat after an impact or accident.
Please remove the car seat from the vehicle when it is not used and keep out of reach of your child.
Please always fasten the car seat when it is inside the vehicle.
Please always read the manual before using it. The manual is located in the pocket at the side of the seat.
1. This is a “Universal” child restraint, it is approved to ECE
Regulation 44.04 for general use in vehicles and will fit most, but not all vehicle seats.
2. A correct fit is likely if the vehicle manufacturer has declared in the vehicle handbook that the vehicle is capable of accepting a “Universal” child restraint of this group.
3. This child restraint has been declared “Universal: under more stringent conditions than those applied to earlier designs which do not carry this notice.
4. If in any doubt, consult either the child restraint manufacturer or the retailer.
only suitable if the vehicle is fitted with 3-point static,
3-point retractor safety belts, approved to UN/ECE
Regulation no. 16 or other equivalent standards.
Do not use in passenger seats equipped with air bags (SRS)
after sales service: If you need assistance, spare parts or you are unhappy with any aspect of the goods please contact Customer Care on: +44 (0)845 268 2000, or e-mail us at: [email protected]. Visit our website at www.mamasandpapas.com for the latest product information.
Mamas & Papas
Colne Bridge Road
Huddersfield, HD5 0RH customer services helpline: +44 (0)845 268 2000 customer services email: [email protected]
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project