Wall Mountable Bluetooth Music System with CD
Wall Mountable Bluetooth Music System with CD
PLEASE READ THIS USER MANUAL COMPLETELY BEFORE OPERATING THIS
UNIT AND RETAIN THIS BOOKLET FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
DEAR JENSEN® CUSTOMER
Selecting fine audio equipment such as the unit you've just purchased is only the start of your musical enjoyment. Now it's time to consider how you can maximize the fun and excitement your equipment offers. This manufacturer and the Electronic
Industries Association's Consumer Electronics Group want you to get the most out of your equipment by playing it at a safe level. One that lets the sound come through loud and clear without annoying blaring or distortion and, most importantly, without affecting your sensitive hearing. Sound can be deceiving. Over time your hearing
"comfort level" adapts to higher volumes of sound. So what sounds "normal" can actually be loud and harmful to your hearing. Guard against this by setting your equipment at a safe level BEFORE your hearing adapts.
To establish a safe level:
Start your volume control at a low setting.
Slowly increase the sound until you can hear it comfortably and clearly, and without distortion.
Once you have established a comfortable sound level:
Set the dial and leave it there.
Taking a minute to do this now will help to prevent hearing damage or loss in the future. After all, we want you listening for a lifetime.
We Want You Listening For a Lifetime
Used wisely, your new sound equipment will provide a
N IC IN D
lifetime of fun and enjoyment. Since hearing damage from loud noise is often undetectable until it is too late, this manufacturer and the Electronic Industries
Association's Consumer Electronics Group recommend you avoid prolonged exposure to excessive noise.
The serial number of this product is found on its back cover. You should note the serial number of this unit in the space provided as a permanent record of your purchase to aid in identification in the event of theft of loss.
Model Number: JBS-350
S O C I A T I
Serial Number: ________________
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When used in the directed manner, this unit has been designed and manufactured to ensure your personal safety. However, improper use can result in potential electrical shock or fire hazards. Please read all safety and operating instructions carefully before installation and use, and keep these instructions handy for future reference.
Take special note of all warnings listed in these instructions and on the unit.
1. Read these instructions – All the safety and operating instructions should be read before the appliance is operated.
2. Keep these instructions – The safety and operating instructions should be kept for future reference.
3. Heed all warnings – All warnings on the appliance and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
4. Follow all instructions – All operation and use instructions should be followed.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water – The appliance should not be used near water; for example, near a bath tub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool.
6. Clean only with dry cloth – The appliance should be cleaned only as recommended by the manufacturer.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. The appliance should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere with its proper ventilation. For example, the appliance should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug, or similar surface that may block the ventilation openings; or placed in a built-in installation, such as a bookcase or cabinet that may impede the flow of air through the ventilation openings.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
9. AC adaptor is used as disconnect device and it should remain readily operable during intended use. In order to disconnect the apparatus from the mains completely, the AC adaptor should be disconnected form the mains socket outlet completely.
10. Only use attachments / accessories specified by the manufacturer.
11. Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
12. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
13. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
14. This appliance shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing water and that no object filled with liquids such as vases shall be placed on the apparatus.
15. Power Sources – The appliance should be connected to a power supply only of the type described in the operating instructions or as marked on the appliance.
Do not overload wall outlet.
16. Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like
17. Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
18. Do not attempt to dismantle, open or repair this product yourself. If a fault occurs, seek advice from your local qualified service technician or contact the distributor via the telephone number at the back of this instruction manual.
19. Caution marking and nameplate are located on back of product.
Avoid installing the unit in locations described below:
Places exposed to direct sunlight or close to heat radiating appliances such as electric heaters.
Places subject to constant vibration.
Dusty, humid or moist places.
Sources of electrical noise such as fluorescent lamps or motors.
In case of malfunction due to electrostatic discharge, the apparatus has to be reset by disconnecting AC adaptor from mains supply, wait at least for 10 minutes before reconnect the AC adaptor.
COMPLIANCE WITH FCC REGULATIONS
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio / TV technician for help.
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Follow the advice below for safe operations.
ON PROTECTION AGAINST LASER ENERGY EXPOSURE
o As the laser beam used in this compact disc player is harmful to the eyes, do not attempt to disassemble the casing. o Stop operation immediately if any liquid or solid object should fall into the cabinet. o Do not touch the lens or poke at it. If you do, you may damage the lens and the player may not operate properly. o Do not put anything in the safety slot. If you do, the laser diode will be ON when the CD door is still open. o This unit employs a laser. The use of controls or adjustment or performance of procedures other than those specified here may result in exposure to hazardous radiation.
When connecting and disconnecting the AC power, grip the AC adaptor plastic body and not the cord itself. Pulling the cord may damage it and create hazard.
When you are not going to use the unit for a long period of time, disconnect the AC adaptor from the wall outlet and remove all batteries.
ON AC VOLTAGE
Before use, check that the rated voltage of your unit matches your local voltage.
When left in a heated room where it is warm and damp, water droplets or condensation may form inside the CD player.
When there is condensation inside the unit, the unit may not function normally.
Let it stand for 1 to 2 hours before turning the power on, or gradually heat the room up and dry the unit before use.
Should any trouble occur, disconnect the AC power cord and refer servicing to qualified personnel.
PROTECT YOUR FURNITURE
This product is equipped with non-skid rubber 'feet' to prevent the product from moving when you operate the controls. These 'feet' are made from non-migrating rubber material specially formulated to avoid leaving any marks or stains on your furniture. However certain types of oil based furniture polishes, wood preservatives, or cleaning sprays may cause the rubber 'feet' to soften, and leave marks or a rubber residue on the furniture. To prevent any damage to your furniture we strongly recommend that you purchase small self-adhesive felt pads, available at hardware stores and home improvement centers everywhere, and apply these pads to the bottom of the rubber 'feet' before you place the product on fine wooden furniture.
ATTACHING THE STAND
Align the top portion of the stand with the mounting area located on the bottom of the main unit. Once in place, the round mounting on the stand will align with the circular mounting tab located on the back of the unit. A “click” sound is heard when the stand is attached. Check that the base is locked firmly in place and does not come off. To remove the stand, press on the mounting tab to unlock the stand, and pull down to remove the stand, see illustration below:
FOR WALL MOUNTING (STAND REMOVED)
It’s important to be sure there are no electric, gas or water lines located behind the wall where you are attaching the unit. We recommend having this speaker professionally installed.
Use the included wall mounting accessories and template to attach the sound bar to the wall.
1. Use the supplied wall mounting instruction sheet to make marks on the wall for the plastic anchors. Make sure the marks are level before drilling.
2. Drill ¼” holes on the marks.
3. Insert the included plastic anchors into the holes until they are flush with the wall.
4. Attach the 2 included spacer sleeves to the wall using the included screws, and tighten the screws.
5. When the screws are tightened, the screw heads should be about ¼” away from the spacer sleeves. Line up the keyhole slots located on the back of the main unit with screws in the wall, see illustration below:
Wall plugs plastic
LOCATION OF CONTROLS
17 AUX IN
18 USB CHARGING
9 10 11 12 13 14 13 15
Wall Mounting Keyholes
DC IN Jack
FM Wire Antenna
Power On / Standby
Bluetooth Mode / SNOOZE Button
Function Mode Button (FM / CD / AUX )
Volume Down / Up Button
In CD mode: Stop CD playing.
• In CD / BLUETOOTH mode: Skip to the previous or next
• In CD mode: Press & hold to fast backward/forward.
• In FM mode: Tuning Down / Up.
In CD / BLUETOOTH mode: Play / Pause.
In CD mode: Open / Close the CD Door.
3.5 mm AUX IN Jack
USB Charging Port
NFC linking Point
Remote Control Operating Indicator
In FM preset mode: Select Preset Channel locations.
In FM mode: Recall Preset Stations
• In CD / BLUETOOTH mode: Skip to the previous
or next track.
• In CD mode: Press & hold to fast backward/forward.
• In FM mode: Tuning Down / Up.
Confirm the selection during setup
In CD mode: Open / Close the CD Door.
In CD / BLUETOOTH mode: Play / Pause.
In CD mode: Stop CD playing.
9 PROG / PRESE T
CLOC K SE T
Mode se lecto r (RADIO / CD / AUX IN).
• In CD mode: Program CD tracks
• In FM mode: Memo ry the Preset Stations
Clock Set Mode Button
11 FM ST / MODE
In F M radio mode: Select FM Stereo / Mono.
In C D mode: Select CD Repea t / Random Play.
Select Preset Equalizer. 12 EQ
15 FOL DER
Alarm 1 / 2 S etting; Alarm ON/OFF Button.
Bluetooth Mode But ton
In MP3 CD mode: Skip to next MP3 folder currently playing.
VOL + / -
In MP3 CD : Skip to music track of + 10.
Alarm Snooze Bu tton
Sleep Timer Button
Volume Up / Down But ton
21 Power On/Standby Button
Carefully remove the unit and all accessories from the display carton.
Please verify that you have all the following accessories before recycling the gift box.
AC Adaptor Input: 100-240V~ 50/60Hz
Output: 12V 1500 mA, center-positive
Wall mounting instruction sheet
Wall mounting kit (2 screws, 2 spacer sleeves and 2 plastic anchors)
This unit operates on an external AC adaptor rated at 12V 1500 mA (included) and requires one 3V type CR2025 Lithium battery (included) for remote control. Do not attempt to operate the unit from any other power source. You could cause damage to the unit and void your warranty.
AC-DC Adaptor Connection
An AC-DC Adaptor with the output 12V 1500 mA (Included) is required for operating the main unit. To connect the AC-DC Adaptor to the unit and 120V~ 60Hz
1. Firmly and securely insert the DC plug of the adaptor into the DC IN Jack at the back of the unit.
2. Plug the adaptor’s AC plugs into a power outlet rated at 120V~ 60Hz.
NOTE ON NON-MAGNETICALLY SHIELDED SPEAKERS
This unit is not magnetically shielded and may cause color distortion on the screen of some TVs or video monitors. To avoid this, you may need to move the unit further away from the TV or monitor if unnatural color shifts or image distortion occurs.
The remote control operates on one CR2025 battery
(included). To activate the remote control, remove the insulation tab inserted in the battery compartment.
When the operation of the remote control becomes intermittent or unsatisfactory, replace the original battery with a new 3-volt lithium battery.
1. Slide out the battery holder from the remote control case.
2. Replace the 3V CR2025 battery. Be sure the battery is installed correctly. The remote will not work if the battery is installed with the wrong polarity.
1.) Danger of explosion if the battery is replaced incorrectly.
2.) Replace only with the same or equivalent type battery.
3.) Insert the battery holder back into the battery slot.
NOTE: Only use a well-known brand of battery to ensure the longest life and best performance.
Replacement of batteries must be done by an adult.
The supply terminals are not to be short-circuited.
Non-rechargeable batteries are not to be recharged.
Exhausted batteries are to be removed.
Only batteries of the equivalent type are to be used.
Batteries are to be inserted with the correct polarity.
Dispose of batteries properly. Do not dispose of batteries in fire. The batteries may explode or leak.
DO NOT INGEST BATTERY, CHEMICAL BURN
The remote control supplied with this product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
TURNING THE UNIT POWER ON/OFF
1. In Off (standby) mode, tap the
Button on main unit or remote control to turn the unit ON. The last selected input mode icon will show on LCD display.
2. To turn the unit OFF (standby), tap the
Button on main unit or remote control again. The LCD DISPLAY will dim and show the current time.
The unit will automatically switch to standby/power saving mode if not used for 20 minutes.
SETTING THE CLOCK (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
After plugging in the AC adaptor, “12:00” will appear and start blinking on the LCD display.
1. In Power Off (Standby) mode, tap the CLOCK SET Button on the remote control.
The 12 HOUR format will show in display and digit “12” will keep blinking.
2. Tap the
5. Tap the
Button on remote control or main unit to select 24 Hour format if necessary. Otherwise, press the SELECT Button to confirm 12 Hour clock format and enter clock setup mode, Hour digits will be flashing.
3. Tap the
and hold the button for fast advance / reverse setting.
Note: Make sure the hour is set so that the PM indicator is displayed correctly.
4. Press the SELECT Button on the remote control to confirm the hour setting, the minute digits will flash to prompt for input.
Button on remote control or main unit to adjust the hour. Press
Button on remote control or main unit to adjust the minute. Press and hold the button for fast advance / reverse setting.
6. Press the SELECT Button on the remote control again to complete the setting.
NOTE: The clock and radio station presets will need to be reset if the power is
interrupted or in the event of a power outage. “12:00” will appear and start
blinking on the LCD display to notify you that the power was interrupted and
the clock will need to be reset. Please follow steps 1-5 above to reset the
CHECKING THE CLOCK (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
The unit will show current time in standby mode. To check the current time in Power
ON mode, press the CLOCK SET Button on remote control, the current time will show for 5 seconds and then return to the previous screen.
ALARM OPERATION (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
SETTING THE ALARM CLOCK
This function allows the system to turn on automatically and wake you using a beeping alarm, the CD or the FM radio.
1. In standby mode, tap the
ALARM 1 Button on remote control, alarm time AM
12:00 will appear in display. Press and hold the
ALARM 1 Button again until Hour digits of alarm clock start flashing.
2. Press the
5. Press the
again to confirm, Minute digits will be flashing.
3. Press the /
Button to set the minute and then press the SELECT Button
again to confirm, alarm wake up source will appear in display.
4. Press the
SELECT Button again to confirm, alarm volume level will be flashing.
Button to set the hour and then press the SELECT Button
Button to select wake to radio, CD or Beep and then press
Button to preset the wake up alarm volume level and then
press the SELECT Button to finish alarm setup.
1.) The system provides dual alarm settings so you can preset another wake up time individually by using the ALARM 2 Button.
2.) If “Wake to CD” is selected but a CD is not inserted, the alarm will default to the
Beeping Alarm automatically when the alarm wake time is reached.
3.) For ‘Wake to Radio”, the system will default to the last radio station listened to before switching off.
ACTIVE/DE-ACTIVE ALARM FUNCTION
1. To active ALARM 1, press the
“ALARM 1” Button
repeatedly until the alarm indicator “ ” is shown on LCD display .
2. To cancel ALARM 1 function by press again
“ALARM 1” Button
until the alarm indicator “ ” goes off.
3. Follow the same operation by pressing
ALARM 2 Button
to active / de-active
ALARM 2 function.
Wake to Radio, CD or Beeping Alarm
When the alarm time is reached, the CD, radio or beeping alarm will sound for
60 minutes then shut off and reset itself for the following day (without pressing the snooze button). You may activate the snooze function manually after the alarm sounds by pressing the
. The buzzer stops for the snooze time (9 minutes) then comes again. The snooze operation can be repeated again within the remaining 50 minutes from the set alarm time.
To stop the alarm immediately after it sounds, tap the corresponding
/ ALARM 2 Button
on remote control or
Button on main unit once.
It resets itself for the following day.
Note: If you press the Button on main FUNCTION Button on
remote control when alarm sounding, unit will stop the alarm and switch
to function mode immediately.
To cancel the following day alarm, tap the ALARM 1 or 2 Button repeatedly until corresponding ALARM indicator
Press the SNOOZE Button on the remote control or / SNOOZE Button on main unit once to terminate the alarm mode temporarily, and the alarm will re-start again after 9 minutes on each press. To cancel the SNOOZE mode, press the
Button once. The
SNOOZE icon will disappear from display and alarm icon stop flashing.
1. Tap the POWER Button on main unit or remote control to turn on the unit.
2. Tap the
Button on main or FUNCTION Button on remote control to select Radio mode, the “ FM mode and radio frequency appear in display.
3. To manually tune to a specific radio station, tap the
Button on either the main unit or the remote control repeatedly. Use the manual tuning method to tune in weaker stations that are bypassed during Automatic Tuning.
4. To automatically tune to the next available radio station, press and hold the
Button on the main unit or remote control for 1-2 seconds until frequency readout on the display begins to scan and then release the button. The tuner will
stop scanning when it receives the next broadcasting station of adequate signal strength.
5. Press the volume control the
FM & FM-Stereo reception
Button on main unit or VOL+ / – Button on remote control to adjust the volume control to the desired volume level.
- When listening to the FM radio, press the
FM ST/MODE Button on the remote control to switch between stereo mode and mono mode.
FM stereo icon
((ST))＂ receive the program in mono when you are receiving a weak station.
HINTS FOR BEST RECEPTION:
The receiver has a build-in FM wire antenna hanging from the back of the cabinet.
This wire should be totally unwrapped and fully extended for the best reception.
NOTE: Automatic tuning depends on the signal strength of the broadcasting station, so weak stations may be skipped. You can manually tune to find the weak stations if a station gets skipped. With strong signals, the tuner may stop before it reaches the actual broadcast frequency, so you may need to manually tune for the best reception.
PRESET RADIO STATIONS
1. Press the POWER Button on main unit or remote control to turn on the unit.
2. Tap the
FUNCTION Button on main unit or remote control to select Radio mode.
3. Tune to the desired radio station either by “manually” or “automatically” tuning method.
4. Press the
PROG/PRESET Button on remote control; the next available preset memory number flash in the LED display. (Note:”P01” will blink in the display if you are programming preset for first time)
5. Tap the
Button on remote control to select the preset number you want to assign the station to.
6. Press the
PROG/PRESET Button on remote control to confirm the setting.
7. Repeat step #3 thru # 6 to preset up to 20 stations.
RECALLING PRESET MEMORY CHANNELS
In radio mode, recall the pre-set channels by pressing the
on remote control repeatedly.
The clock and radio station presets will need to be reset if the power is interrupted or in the event of a power outage. “12:00” will appear and start blinking on the LCD display to notify you that the power was interrupted and the clock will need to be reset.
Please follow steps 1-7 above to resave the preset stations.
CD PLAYER OPERATION
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
CD mechanisms used in devices like this are designed to read all commercial CDs. It will also read self-compiled CD-R/CD-RW discs, but it may take up to 10 seconds for the actual playback to begin. If playback does not start, it is likely due to the quality of the CD-R/RW disc and/or the compatibility of the CD compilation software. The manufacturer is not responsible for the playback quality of CD-R/RW discs.
Do not attach a label or seal to either side of the CD-R/RW disc. It may cause a malfunction.
PLAYING A CD
1. Press the POWER
on main unit or remote control to turn on the unit.
2. Tap the
on remote control or select CD mode and then press the OPEN/CLOSE facing out towards the CD DOOR. Press the
on main unit to to open the CD door.
3. Place an audio CD or MP3 CD on the center spindle with its label side
to close the CD
4. Unit starts to read the disc, “READ CD” shows in display. After few seconds, the total number of tracks and time on the CD will be shown on the LCD DISPLAY.
Note: MP3 CD will show total track and starting counter of 00:00.
5. Press the
on main unit or remote control, the CD will start playing from first track.
6. Press the volume control
on main unit or
remote control to adjust to the desired volume level.
7. To pause playback, press the control. The track time and
DIFFERENT PLAY MODES (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
8. You can choose to play your favorite track directly by pressing either the SKIP +
on main unit or remote
icon will flash. To resume playing, press the CD or SKIP -
The LCD Display will indicate the correct track number selected. If you are playing a MP3 CD, you can also press the
+10 Button on remote control to skip to next folder or +10 track to current playing track.
9. To locate a particular section within a track, press and hold the until the section is found. Release the button to continue playing your selection.
10. To stop playing, press the STOP
11. Turn off the JBS-350 when you have finished listening.
FM ST/MODE Button
on remote control repeatedly to select different of play modes when CD or MP3 CD is playing.
When playing CD, the play modes are shown as below.
Repeat 1 Repeat All Random Normal
When playing MP3 CD, the play modes are shown as below.
Repeat 1 Repeat Folder Repeat ALL Random Normal
REPEAT 1 - the track being played and will repeat continuously. Repeat icon
REPEAT FOLDER - the tracks in same folder will repeat continuously. Repeat icon
solid ON while MP3 icon flashing.
REPEAT ALL - all tracks will repeat continuously. Repeat icon solid ON.
RANDOM – the tracks in the disc will be played in random sequence. Random icon
“RAND” solid ON.
PLAY TRACK SEQUENCE P ROGRAMMING (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
This function allows the tracks to be played in a programmed sequence.
NOTE: Program can only be set in STOP mode.
1. Press the
PROG/PRESET Button on remote control, the program track number
“00”, next available program number and the icon “PROG” show in the LED display. (Note:”00 P-01” will be in the display if you are programming first time).
2. Use the
The track number will be shown in front of the program number.
3. Press the
SELECT Button memory, the next program number will advance one (i.e.“P-02”) in LCD display while track number will reset to “00” for next programming track.
4. Repeat steps 2 to 3 to store more tracks in the memory. You can store up to 20 tracks.
5. Press the PLAY/PAUSE
Button on main unit or remote control to start playing the CD or MP3 CD in the programmed sequence.
6. Press the FM ST/MODE Button on remote control to select Repeat 1/All or
Random play if necessary.
7. To stop playing, press the
on main unit or remote control to select the desired track.
on remote control to store the selected track in the
8. To cancel the program play, press the
on main unit or remote control.
on main unit or remote control twice, “PROG” icon disappears from display.
Press the Power ON/OFF Button to turn ON the unit and follow the directions below to connect via Bluetooth.
CONNECTING YOUR BLUETOOTH DEVICE USING NFC
NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology enabling short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as mobile phones and IC tags Thanks to the NFC function, data communication can be achieved easily just by touching the relevant symbol or designated location on NFC compatible devices.
1. Make sure your Smartphone or Bluetooth device has the NFC feature, and it is turned ON (enabled).
2. Turn on the JBS-350 power, press the Bluetooth Button on main unit or
remote control. Wait 10 seconds for the unit to enter pairing mode, the Bluetooth
“PAIRING” message will be scrolling in display.
Note : If the JBS-350 is connected to other smartphone, press and hold the
Button for 3 seconds to enter Bluetooth paring mode.
3. Touch the back of your smartphone to the NFC linking point (#20) located on the top panel of the unit (near Power ON/OFF button). Check the owner’s manual of your Bluetooth device to locate the NFC touch point if you are not sure where it is.
4. If the JBS-350 is in pairing mode, it will turn on and enter Bluetooth mode automatically and pair with your smartphone. Display will show “CONNECTED” message and then change to show “BT” and Bluetooth icon turns ON.
5. Some smartphones may ask you to confirm the pairing if they are not paired before.
NOTE: If you have multiple NFC compatible devices to link, just touch the smartphone to a different device to switch the connection to that device. For example, when your smartphone is connected to the JBS-350, just touch the linked smartphone to the system to disconnect it and then touch another smartphone you want to change the
Bluetooth connection to (one touch connection switching). The connection will automatically be transferred from your smartphone to the new device.
NOTE ON CONNECTING
Some 3 rd
party batteries and/or add-on wireless charging coils may interfere with using the NFC feature on this unit. If you followed the directions above for connecting, but find that you are still having problems connecting using NFC, we recommend checking to be sure your Bluetooth device is only using factory authorized parts and batteries.
PAIRING (Linking) a BLUETOOTH ENABLED cell phone OR OTHER
BLUETOOTH ENABLED DEVICE to the JBS-350
If the JBS-350 has never been paired with a Bluetooth device before. You need to follow the pairing instructions below to link the JBS-350 with your Bluetooth device.
1. Press the POWER
on main unit or remote control to turn on the unit.
2. Tap the BLUETOOTH
on main or remote control to select Bluetooth mode, Bluetooth “PAIRING” message appears in display.
3. If the JBS-350 has never been paired with a Bluetooth device before or cannot find the last paired device, the “PAIRING” on LCD will indicate the JBS-350 is in search mode. You need to follow the pairing instructions below to link the JBS-350 with your Bluetooth device.
Turn on the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device and enable the search or scan function to find the JBS-350.
Select "JBS-350" from the device list when it appears on your device screen.
If required, enter the pass code “0000” to pair (link) the JCR-300 with your device.
4. After successfully pairing (linking), display will show “CONNECTED” and then change to show “BT”, the Bluetooth icon also will show in display. You can begin playing music from your Bluetooth device wirelessly to the speaker.
5. After selecting your favorite song, press
PLAY/PAUSE ► remote control to play or pause the song.
on the unit or
6. Press the volume control
on main unit or VOL+/– remote control to adjust to the desired volume level.
7. Press song.
Button on main unit or remote control to skip to previous or next
8. If you want to pair the JBS-350 with another Bluetooth enabled device, press and hold the Button for 3 seconds or turn off the Bluetooth function of device currently paired with JBS-350 then repeat step 3 above.
1.) Refer to the manual of your cell phone, tablet PC, computer or other Bluetooth enabled devices for Bluetooth operation since it may vary from model to model.
2.) If your Bluetooth enabled device does not support A2DP profile, it will not play the music through the speaker, even if paired (linked).
3.) If you are pairing (linking) your computer to the unit using Bluetooth, you may need to set the speaker as your computer’s default sound device.
AUXILIARY INPUT OPERATION
This unit features an auxiliary audio signal input jack for connecting external audio devices like MP3 players, Digital Audio Device and listen to them through the speakers of this unit.
1. Use an audio cable (not included) with one 3.5 mm stereo plug on each end of the cable.
2. Plug one end into the
AUX IN JACK on the main unit and the other end of the cable into the Line-out Jack or Headphone Jack of your external audio device.
3. Turn on the unit and external audio device.
4. Tap the
FUNCTION Button on main or remote control to select AUX mode, display will show “AUX-IN＂.
5. The volume level can now be controlled through the main unit. Operate all other functions on the auxiliary device as usual.
If you connect this unit to the Line-Out Jack of your external device then you only need to adjust the volume control of this unit. If you connect the Headphone Jack of your external device then you may need to adjust both the volume controls of your external device and this unit to obtain the desirable volume setting.
Press the POWER Button on main unit or remote control to turn off the unit when you have finished listening. Don't forget to switch off the power of your external device as well.
PRESET EQ (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
This unit provides 5 different EQ modes to enhance your listening experience. You can select the desired effect by pressing the EQ Button on remote control repeatedly at following sequence:
FLAT POP CLASSIC ROCK JAZZ
MUTE BUTTON (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY)
Button on remote control to mute the sound output from the speaker temporarily. The volume set level will appear in display and flashing
Press the Button again or VOL+/- Button to resume to normal speaker playback.
CHARGING YOUR SMART PHONE OR PORTABLE DEVICE
This unit features a 1 AMP USB port on the top of the unit for charging your portable device (iPod, iPhone, Android phone, etc.) when used with the USB charging cord that came with your device.
1. Plug one end of the USB cable (not included) into the USB Charging Port located on the top panel of the unit. Plug the other end of the cord into the device you wish to charge.
2. Observe the battery charge indicator on your device to make sure the charging process starts normally.
3. Unplug the cable when your device is fully charged.
Before charging, please refer to the user manual of the device you wish to charge to make sure the charging current requested does not exceed 1A (1000mA).
Overloading the charging circuit may damage the unit permanently and void the warranty.
1. The USB charging port of this unit supplies a DC 5V output at 1000 mA maximum current to charge your smart phone or portable device battery and it cannot support any other voltage range.
2. Make sure the device you want to charge has a battery charge rating of DC 5V only.
3. The USB port of this unit is designed for smart phone or portable device battery charging only and it cannot support data transfer or connect to computer.
4. Do not connect the USB port of this unit to other external power charger USB ports, it may damage both units and void the warranty.
1.) Some smart phones and portable devices use proprietary USB connections and circuitry, so they may not charge when plugged into the USB port. Please refer to your device user manual before you attempt to charge them.
2.) It is normal if the unit gets warm while the USB port is in use and charging your smart phone or portable device.
3.) Do not charge your smart phone over 12 hours continuously. Disconnect your smart phone or other portable device from the USB cord once it is fully charged.
USE HEADPHONES (NOT INCLUDED)
Inserting the plug of your stereo headphones (not included) into the headphone jack will enable you to listen in private. When using headphones, the speakers will be disconnected.
Read this Important Information before Using Your Headphones
1.) Avoid extended play at very high volume as it may impair your hearing.
2.) If you experience ringing in your ears, reduce the volume or shut off the unit.
3.) Keep the volume at a reasonable level even if your headset is an open-air type
designed to allow you to hear outside sounds. Please note that excessively high
volume may still block outside sounds.
If the system does not respond or has erratic operation, you may have experienced an electrostatic discharge (ESD) or a power surge that triggered the internal computer to shut down automatically. If this occurs, unplug the AC adaptor from power source, wait for 10 minutes, then plug the AC adaptor to power source again. The unit will be reset, you need to setup the clock, alarm and preset radio channels.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
1. Do not subject the unit to excessive force, shock, dust or extreme temperature.
2. Do not tamper the internal components of the unit.
3. Clean your unit with a dry cloth. Solvent or detergent should never be used.
4. Avoid leaving your unit in direct sunlight or in hot, humid or dusty places.
5. Keep your unit away from heating appliances and sources of electrical noise such as fluorescent lamps or motors.
6. If drop-outs or interruptions occur in the music during CD play, or if the CD fails to play at all, its bottom surface may require cleaning. Before playing, wipe the disc from the center outwards with a good soft cleaning cloth.
CLEANING THE UNIT
To prevent fire or shock hazard, disconnect your unit from the AC power source when cleaning.
The finish on the unit may be cleaned with a dust cloth and cared for as other furniture, Use caution when cleaning and wiping the plastic parts.
If the cabinet becomes dusty wipe it with a soft dry dust cloth. Do not use any wax or polish sprays on the cabinet.
If the front panel becomes dirty or smudged with fingerprints it may be cleaned with a soft cloth slightly dampened with a mild soap and water solution. Never use abrasive cloths or polishes as these will damage the finish of your unit.
CAUTION: Never allow any water or other liquids to get inside the unit while cleaning.
If you experience difficulties in the use of this music system, please check the following or call 1-800-777-5331 for Customer Service.
The unit does not respond (no power)
Poss ible Cause Solution
The unit is disconnected from the
Reconnect to the AC outlet.
Unit is ON but there is low or no volume
Noise or sound distorted on FM broadcast
The AC outlet has not power.
Volume set too low.
Bluetooth speaker is not linked with the cell phone
Speaker placement out of range
Station not tuned properly.
FM wire antenna is not fully extended.
Try the unit on another outlet.
Press the Button on main unit or VOL+ Button on remote control to turn the sound level up.
Go through “Bluetooth
Operations” process to link the speakers.
Relocate the speaker within
Bluetooth operating range
Fine tune the FM broadcast station.
Fully extend the FM wire antenna.
CD player will not play
Unit not in CD function mode.
CD is installed incorrectly.
If the CD is self-compiled, the media used may not be compatible with the player.
Disc is dirty or scratched.
CD skips while playing
Intermittent sound from CD Player
Dirty or defective disc.
Dirty pick up lens.
Player is subject to excessive shock or vibration.
Sound is distorted Volume level is set too high.
Select CD function mode.
Insert CD with label facing to the CD door.
Use better quality blank media and retest.
Wipe CD with clean cloth or use another disc.
Clean or replace the defective disc.
Use a CD-lens cleaning disc to clean the lens.
Relocate the player away from shock or vibration.
Decrease the volume.
Sound source is distorted. Try a different sound source.
If you are using an external sound source like older generation of iPod, try reducing the output volume on the device itself. Also try turning bass boost OFF or change the EQ setting.
Turn the unit off for a period of time or lower volume
Unit gets warm after extended play at high volume
This is normal.
AC adaptor for main unit
AC input: 120V ~ 60Hz
DC output: 12V
1 x 3V
CR2025 Lithium Battery
FM 87.5 ~ 108 MHz
At Spectra, environmental and social responsibility is a core value of our business. We are dedicated to continuous implementation of responsible initiatives with an aim to conserve and maintain the environment through responsible recycling.
Please visit us at http://www.spectraintl.com/green.htm for more information on
Spectra’s green initiatives or to find a recycler in your area.
® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Spectra Merchandising Intl, Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
90 DAY LIMITED WARRANTY AND SERVICE
VALID IN THE U.S.A. ONLY
SPECTRA MERCHANDISING INTERNATIONAL, INC. warrants this unit to be free from defective materials or factory workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of original customer purchase and provided the product is utilized within the U.S.A. This warranty is not assignable or transferable. Our obligation under this warranty is the repair or replacement of the defective unit or any part thereof, except batteries, when it is returned to the SPECTRA
Service Department, accompanied by proof of the date of original consumer purchase, such as a duplicate copy of a sales receipt.
You must pay all shipping charges required to ship the product to SPECTRA for warranty service. If the product is repaired or replaced under warranty, the return charges will be at
SPECTRA’s expense. There are no other express warranties other than those stated herein.
This warranty is valid only in accordance with the conditions set forth below:
1. The warranty applies to the SPECTRA product only while: a. It remains in the possession of the original purchaser and proof of purchase is demonstrated. b. It has not been subjected to accident, misuse, abuse, improper service, usage outside the descriptions and warnings covered within the user manual or non-SPECTRA approved modifications. c. Claims are made within the warranty period.
2. This warranty does not cover damage or equipment failure caused by electrical wiring not in compliance with electrical codes or SPECTRA user manual specifications, or failure to provide reasonable care and necessary maintenance as outlined in the user manual.
3. Warranty of all SPECTRA products applies to residential use only and is void when products are used in a nonresidential environment or installed outside the united States.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. TO OBTAIN SERVICE please remove all batteries (if any) and pack the unit carefully and send it freight prepaid to SPECTRA at the address shown below. IF THE
UNIT IS RETURNED WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD shown above, please include a proof of purchase (dated cash register receipt) so that we may establish your eligibility for warranty service and repair of the unit without cost. Also include a note with a description explaining how the unit is defective. A customer service representative may need to contact you regarding the status of your repair, so please include your name, address, phone number and email address to expedite the process.
IF THE UNIT IS OUTSIDE THE WARRANTY PERIOD, please include a check for $65.00 to cover the cost of repair, handling and return postage. All out of warranty returns must be sent prepaid.
It is recommended that you contact SPECTRA first at 1-800-777-5331 or by email at [email protected] for updated information on the unit requiring service. In some cases the model you have may be discontinued, and SPECTRA reserves the right to offer alternative options for repair or replacement.
SPECTRA MERCHANDISING INTERNATIONAL, INC.
4230 North Normandy Avenue,
Chicago, IL60634, USA.
To register your product, visit the link on the website below to enter your information. http://www.spectraintl.com/wform.htm
0415 Printed in China
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project