marque: philips reference: ms5075/16 codic: 4004574
V I S A P U R E MEN
Thank you for choosing to buy Philips VisaPure Men. Before you get started, we hope you will register your product at www.philips.com/welcome in order to enjoy dedicated product support and offers designed especially for you.
So what is VisaPure Men and how can it help your skin?
Cleansing is an essential part of the daily skincare routine, but traditional methods do not always leave your skin as clean and radiant as it could be. That is why we have developed VisaPure Men - our exciting new approach to facial cleansing for men. Forget manual cleansing, with
VisaPure Men you can enjoy clean, radiant skin, quickly and easily every day. VisaPure Men combines gentle rotating and vibrating movements to cleanse deeply and remove impurities to leave skin feeling soft and fresh.
Designed to complement your current routine, you can use VisaPure Men together with your current cleanser.
It also helps skincare products applied after cleansing
– such as your favourite moisturiser – to be absorbed better. You will notice the cleansing effect immediately
- experiencing smoother, more radiant-looking skin.
VisaPure Men comes ready to use with two brush heads for normal and sensitive skin. Additional brush head types are available separately.
Ready to get started? Enjoy using your VisaPure Men twice daily so you can have a well cleansed, soft and radiant skin.
2 General description
2 Charging light and battery-low indication
3 On/off button
4 Connection pin
5 Charging pins
6 Brush head
7 Protection cap
8 Appliance socket
9 Charging stand
10 Small plug
Read this user manual carefully before you use the appliance and save it for future reference.
• Keep the adapter dry.
• Only use the appliance in combination with the adapter supplied.
• Do not use the appliance, brush head or the adapter if it is damaged or broken to avoid injuries.
• If the adapter is damaged, always have it replaced with one of the original type in order to avoid a hazard.
• The adapter contains a transformer. Do not cut off the adapter to replace it with another plug, as this causes a hazardous situation.
• Fully charge the appliance at least every 3 months to sustain battery lifetime.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• Do not insert metal-containing material into the socket for the small plug to avoid short circuiting.
• This appliance is developed and intended for cleansing facial skin on cheeks, forehead and chin
(including the area between eyes and ears and the area between nose and upper lip, excluding the area around the eyes) and on the neck. Do not use the appliance for any other purpose.
• Do not use the appliance more than twice a day.
• For hygienic reasons, we advise you to not share the appliance with other people.
• Do not clean the appliance with water that is hotter than shower temperature (max. 40°C/104°F).
• Do not put the appliance or any part in the dishwasher.
• Charge, use and store the appliance at a temperature between 10°C/50°F and 40°C/104°F.
• Do not use the appliance on chapped skin, open wounds, or when you suffer from skin diseases or skin irritations, such as severe acne, sunburn, skin infection, etc.
• Do not use the appliance if you are taking steroids.
• Do not use the appliance with self-made cleansers or cleansers containing harsh chemicals or rough particles.
• Please note that the condition of the skin varies throughout the year. Facial skin can get dryer during the winter season. In that case you may reduce the treatment time or frequency, depending on the needs of your skin.
• If you have sensitive skin, select speed 1 the first few times you use the appliance. If you do not experience any skin reactions, you can start using the appliance at speed 2.
• Regular cleaning of the appliance ensures optimal results and a longer life.
• The appliance complies with the internationally approved IEC safety regulations and can be safely used in the bath or shower and cleaned under the tap.
• The appliance is equipped with an automatic voltage selector and is suitable for mains voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts.
3.5 Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
This Philips appliance complies with all applicable standards and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF).
4 Preparing for use
4.1 Charging the appliance
Charging the appliance takes approximately 6 hours.
A fully charged appliance has a cordless operating time of up to 30 minutes.
Make sure the appliance is switched off.
Insert the small plug in the socket of the charging stand (1) and put the adapter in the wall socket (2).
Remove the protection cap and place the appliance in the charging stand.
The charging light flashes white to indicate that the appliance is charging. When the battery is fully charged, the charging light lights up white continuously.
4.1.1 Battery-low indication
• When the battery is almost empty, the charging light flashes orange for 15 seconds. The battery still contains enough energy for a complete treatment.
5 Using the appliance
Make sure the appliance is fully charged before you use it for the first time.
You can either use the appliance in front of the sink, in the shower or in the bathtub.
5.1.1 Speed settings
You can choose between two different speed settings depending on your personal preference.
• Speed 1, ‘gentle cleansing’, for a mild and soft cleansing.
• Speed 2, ‘deep cleansing’, for a comfortable and more intensive cleansing.
Using the brush daily to cleanse your face will improve your shaving performance.
5.1.2 Auto shut-off
The appliance automatically switches off after one minute to prevent overtreatment.
5.1.3 Cleansing procedure
You can use the appliance twice a day.
Push the brush head onto the connection pin until it
locks into position with a click.
Apply some water to your skin.
Moisten the brush head with water and/or liquid cleanser or apply the cleanser directly on your skin before you use the appliance. Do not use the appliance with a dry brush head, as this can irritate the skin.
Place the brush head on your skin.
Press the on/off button once to switch on the appliance. The appliance starts to operate at speed 1.
Press twice for speed 2. Press three times to switch
off the appliance or wait until it stops automatically.
Gently move the brush head across your skin while making circular movements. Do not push the brush head too hard onto the skin to make sure the treatment remains comfortable.
Do not use the appliance more than twice a day.
6 Cleaning and maintenance
Never use scouring pads, abrasive cleaning agents or aggressive liquids such as petrol or acetone to clean the appliance.
Clean the appliance and the brush head thoroughly with water after each use, to ensure optimum performance.
Make sure the appliance is switched off before you start cleaning it.
Rinse the handle and the brush head under the tap
with warm water (max. 40ºC/104ºF).
Clean the back of the brush head and the connection pin of the appliance under the tap at least once a week.
Dry these parts with a towel.
Always keep the adapter dry. Never rinse it under the tap or immerse it in water.
Make sure the adapter is unplugged when you clean it. Only wipe it with a dry cloth.
Always detach the charging stand from the adapter
before you clean it.
You can clean the charging stand with a moist cloth.
Dry the charging stand before you reconnect it to the adapter.
• Store the appliance with the brush head attached in the charging stand without the protection cap.
Never put the protection cap on the brush head if the brush head is still wet.
• For travelling: put the protection cap on the dry brush head to protect the brush head bristles when you take the appliance with you.
8.1 Brush head replacement
Worn bristles could lead to skin irritation. Therefore, and for a hygienic cleanse, the brush head should be replaced every 3 months or earlier if the bristles are deformed or damaged.
Replacement brush heads and additional brush head types are available from our website
www.shop.philips.com/service or from the shop where you purchased your Philips appliance. If you have any difficulties obtaining replacement brush heads, please contact the Philips Consumer Care Centre in your country. You find its contact details in the worldwide guarantee leaflet. You can also visit www.philips.com/support.
• Do not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in at an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.
• The built-in rechargeable battery contains substances that may pollute the environment. Always remove the battery before you discard and hand in the appliance at an official collection point. Dispose of the battery at an official collection point for batteries.
Insert a small flathead screwdriver between the silver-coloured ring and the top part of the appliance and pry loose the ring. Carefully pull the top part
with the battery holder out of the housing.
Remove the rechargeable battery from the battery holder.
Remove the appliance from the charging stand, switch on the appliance and let it operate until it switches off after one minute. Repeat this action until the rechargeable battery is empty.
Do not attempt to replace the rechargeable battery.
Do not reconnect the appliance to the mains after you have removed the rechargeable battery.
10 Guarantee and support
If you need information or support, please visit
www.philips.com/support or read the separate worldwide guarantee leaflet.
This chapter summarises the most common problems you could encounter with the appliance. If you are unable to solve the problem with the information below, visit www.philips.com/support for a list of frequently asked questions or contact the Consumer Care Centre in your country.
I do not know if the appliance is suitable for use on my skin.
The appliance does not charge.
The appliance is suitable for all skin types. Do not use the appliance on dry, chapped skin, open wounds, or when you suffer from skin diseases or skin irritation, such as severe acne, sunburn, skin infection, etc. Do not use the appliance if you are taking steroids.
Make sure the socket to which you connect the appliance is live. Check whether the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local mains voltage. Check whether the contact pins on the appliance are in proper contact with the contact points in the stand. If you use a socket in a bathroom cabinet, you may need to switch on the light to activate the socket. When the light on the appliance still does not light up or when the appliance still does not charge, take it to your
Philips dealer or the nearest Philips service centre.
The appliance does not work anymore.
Make sure that you have pressed the on/off button properly. Charge the appliance according to the instructions in this user manual. Verify whether there is a power failure and if the wall socket is live. Check if the charging light on the appliance lights up to make sure the appliance is charging.
If it does not light up or if the appliance still does not work, take it to your Philips dealer or the nearest Philips service centre.
© 2013 Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.
All rights reserved.
Document order number: 4222.002.5582.1 10/2013
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project