LAMP OWNER’S MANUAL
P/N : 3828VA0584J(0902_REV01)
* Contact your dealer for replacing a new lamp.
<Front panel of the Projector>
The change interval of lamp may depend on the use environment of Projector. You
can see the used lamp time in the CHECKING LAMP TIME section of the Menu.
You must replace the lamp when:
● The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
● The lamp indicator is red.
● The message “Replace the lamp” appears on the screen when turning the projector on.
Be careful when replacing lamp
- Press the POWER button on the control panel or remote control to turn off power.
- If the operation indicator LED is orange and blinking, do not disconnect the main supply until the operation
indicator LED is lit up constantly (orange).
- Allow the lamp to cool for 1 hour before replacing it.
- Replace only with the same type lamp from an LG Electronics Service Center. Using another manufacturers
lamp may cause damage to the Projector and lamp.
- Pull out the lamp only when replacing the lamp.
- Keep the lamp unit out of reach of children. Keep the Lamp away from heat sources such as radiators, stoves
- To reduce the risk of fire do not expose the lamp to liquids or foreign materials.
- Do not place the lamp near any heat source.
- Make sure the new lamp is securely tightened with screws. If not, the image may be dark or there could be an
increased risk of fire.
- Never touch the lamp unit glass otherwise image quality may be compromised or lamp life maybe reduced.
Replacing the Lamp
Turn off the projector and unplug the power cable.
Carefully place on a cushioned surface.
Lamp case screw
(Allow the lamp to cool for 1 hour before
removing the used lamp from the projector.)
Unscrew the screw from the lamp cover using a
After lifting the lamp cover off, remove the two
retaining screws on the lamp case with a screwdriver.
Lift up the fixed wire knob on the lamp.
Pull out the handle slowly and remove the lamp case.
Insert the new lamp gently into the correct position.
Make sure it is inserted correctly.
Tighten the screws you removed in step 3.
(Make sure it is fixed hardly.)
Close the lamp cover and install the screws from step 2 to install the cover.
(If the lamp cover is not installed correctly the unit will not power on.)
Using another manufacturers lamp may cause damage to the projector or lamp.
Make sure the lamp cover is securely fastened. If the lamp cover is not installed correctly the unit will not power on.
If this fault persists contact an LG Authorized Service Center.
Reset Lamp Time
* You must reset lamp time on the menu after replacing the lamp.
Press the ◉ OK button on the projector and ◉ OK button on the remote control
simultaneously (About 5 seconds).
Lamp Use Time
Total Lamp Use Time
Lamp Reset Counter
Lamp Use Time Reset
Exit [Menu Key]
Reset [Right Key]
Press Right to Reset
Exit [MENU Key]
button on the projector or
Lamp time will be reset.
button on the remote control.
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work
of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project