No part of this publication may be quoted, reproduced, translated or used in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and microfilm, without the prior written permission of ZTE Corporation.
ZTE Corporation reserves the right to make modifications on print errors or update specifications in this guide without prior notice.
We offer self-service for our smart terminal device users. Please visit the ZTE official website (at www.ztedevice.com) for more information on self-service and supported product models. Information on the website takes precedence.
ZTE Corporation expressly disclaims any liability for faults and damages caused by unauthorized modifications of the software.
Images and screenshots used in this guide may differ from the actual product. Content in this guide may differ from the actual product or software.
ZTE and the ZTE logos are trademarks of the ZTE Corporation.
Google and Android are trademarks of Google, Inc. The
trademark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such trademarks by ZTE Corporation is under license. MicroSDHC logo is a trademark of the SD 3C, LLC. Other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Version No. : R1.0
Edition Time : 2015.03
Indicator Earpiece Volume Key Power Key Touch Screen Back Key Flash Home Key Menu Key Headset Jack Speaker Camera Back Cover Charging/ USB Jack
Power Key Home Key Back Key Menu Key Volume Key
• Press and hold to turn on or off airplane mode, enable silent mode or silent mode with vibration, disable silent mode, power off or restart the phone.
• Press to turn off or on the screen display.
• Touch to return to the home screen.
• Touch and hold to open Google Search.
Touch to go to the previous screen.
• Touch to view the options for the current screen.
• Touch and hold to see recently used applications.
Press or hold either end of the key to turn the volume up or down.
You can exchange the positions of the
. Touch the
and select one case.
Power off your phone before installing or removing the micro-SIM card. 1. Insert your fingernail into the slot at the right of the back cover and lift it up gently.
2. Hold the micro-SIM card with the cut corner oriented as shown and slip it into the card holder.
3. Align the back cover with the back of the phone and press the cover back into place. Ensure that all the tabs are secure and there are no gaps around the cover.
A microSDHC card can be installed or removed while the phone is turned on. You need to unmount the microSDHC card before removing it.
1. Remove the back cover.
2. Hold your microSDHC card with the metal contacts facing down and slide it in.
Some applications may require a microSDHC card to work normally or may store certain data on it. Therefore, it is recommended that you keep a microSDHC card installed and not remove or replace it randomly.
3. Replace the back cover.
Your phone’s battery should have enough power for the phone to turn on, find a signal, and make a few calls. You should fully charge the battery as soon as possible.
Use only ZTE-approved chargers and cables. The use of unapproved accessories could damage your phone or cause the battery to explode.
Do not remove or change the built-in rechargeable battery in your phone by yourself. The battery can only be changed by ZTE or ZTE authorised service provider.
1. Connect the adapter to the charging jack. Ensure that the adapter is inserted in the correct direction.
2. Connect the charger to a standard AC power outlet.
3. Disconnect the charger when the battery is fully charged.
If the battery is extremely low, you may be unable to power on the phone even when it is being charged. In this case, try again after charging the phone for at least 20 minutes. Contact the customer service if you still cannot power on the phone after prolonged charging.
Make sure the battery is charged before powering on. • Press and hold the
to turn on your phone.
• To turn it off, press and hold the
to open the options menu. Touch
Your phone’s touch screen enables you to control actions through a variety of touch gestures.
• Touch When you want to type using the onscreen keyboard, select items on the screen such as the application and settings icons, or press the onscreen buttons, simply touch them with your finger.
• Touch and Hold To open the available options for an item (for example, a message or link in a web page), touch and hold the item.
• Pinch In some apps (such as Maps, Browser, and Gallery), you can zoom in and out by placing two fingers on the screen at once and pinching them together (to zoom out) or spreading them apart (to zoom in).
• Swipe or Slide To swipe or slide means to quickly drag your finger vertically or horizontally across the screen.
• Drag To drag, press and hold your finger with some pressure before you start to move your finger. While dragging, do not release your finger until you have reached the target position.
• Rotate the screen For most screens, you can automatically change the screen orientation from portrait to landscape by turning the phone sideways.
Do not use hand-held while driving Do not use while re-fuelling For body-worn operation maintain a separation of 15 mm This device may produce a bright or flashing light Small parts may cause a choking hazard Do not dispose of it in a fire This device may produce a loud sound To prevent possible hearing damage, do not listen at high volume levels for long periods.
Avoid contact with magnetic media Avoid Extreme Temperatures Keep away from pacemakers and other personal medical devices Avoid any contact with liquid, keep it dry Switch off when instructed in hospitals and medical facilities Do not attempt to disassemble Switch off when instructed in aircrafts and airports Only use approved accessories Switch off in explosive environments Do not rely on this device for emergency communications
To minimize the environmental impacts and take more responsibilities to the earth we live on, this document shall serve as a formal declaration that the ZTE Blade L3 manufactured by ZTE CORPORATION is in compliance with the Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament - RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) with respect to the following substances: 1. Lead (Pb) 2. Mercury (Hg) 3. Cadmium (Cd) 4. Hexavalent Chromium (Cr (VI)) 5. Polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) 6. Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) The ZTE Blade L3 manufactured by ZTE CORPORATION, meets the requirements of EU 2011/65/EU.
Your mobile device is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is designed not to exceed the limits for exposure to radio waves recommended by international guidelines. These guidelines were developed by the independent scientific organization ICNIRP and include safety margins designed to assure the protection of all persons, regardless of age and health.
The guidelines use a unit of measurement known as Specific Absorption Rate, or SAR. The SAR limit for mobile devices is 2 W/kg and the highest SAR value for this device when tested at the ear was 1.29 W/kg*. As mobile devices offer a range of functions, they can be used in other positions, such as on the body.
As SAR is measured utilizing the device’s highest transmitting power, the actual SAR of this device while operating is typically below that indicated above. This is due to automatic changes to the power level of the device to ensure it only uses the minimum power required to communicate with the network.
1. When this crossed-out wheeled bin symbol is attached to a product, it means the product is covered by the European Directive 2012/19/EU.
2. All electrical and electronic products should be disposed of separately from the municipal waste stream via designated collection facilities appointed by the government or the local authorities.
3. The correct disposal of your old appliance will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health.
For this product’s recycling information based on WEEE directive, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
It is hereby declared that following designated product: Product Type: WCDMA/GSM(GPRS) Dual Mode Digital Mobile Phone Model No: ZTE Blade L3/Blade L3 Product Description: WCDMA/GSM(GPRS) Dual-Mode Digital Mobile Phone
the essential protection requirements of Directives on Radio and Telecommunication Terminal Equipment (Directive 1999/5/EC), Restriction of the Certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (Directive 2011/65/EU), Eco-design Requirements for Energy-Related Products (Directive 2009/125/EC) and their amendments.
This declaration applies to all specimens manufactured identical to the samples submitted for testing/evaluation.
Assessment of compliance of the product with the requirements relating to Directive 1999/5/ EC was performed by Intertek (Notified Body No.0979) and assessment of compliance of the product with the requirements relating to Directive 2011/65/EU was performed by Intertek Testing Services Ltd., Shanghai Lab, and assessment of compliance of the product with the requirements relating to Directive 2009/125/EC was performed by ZTE Corporation Reliability Testing Centre. The assessments were based on the following regulations and standards:
Health and safety EMC Radio Spectrum RoHS ErP
EN 60950-1:2006+A11: 2009+A1:2010+A12:2011 EN 50566:2013 EN 62479:2010 EN 62209-1:2006 ; EN 62209-2:2010; EN 50360:2001/A1:2012 EN 301 489-1 V1.9.2:2011 EN 301 489-3 V1.6.1: 2012 EN 301 489-7 V1.3.1: 2005 EN 301489-17 V2.2.1(2012-09) EN 301489-24 V1.5.1 (2010-10) EN 301 511 V9.0.2 : 2003 EN 300 328 V1.8.1
EN 301 908-1 V6.2.1
EN 301 908-2V6.2.1
EN 300 440-1 V1.6.1; EN 300440-2 V1.4.1
EN 60950-1:2006+A11: 2009+A1:2010+A12:2011 EN 50566:2013 EN 62479:2010 EN 62209-1:2006 ; EN 62209-2:2010; EN 50360:2001/A1:2012 IEC 62321:2013 (EC) No 278/2009 This declaration is the responsibility of the manufacturer: ZTE Corporation ZTE Plaza, Keji Road South, Hi-Tech, Industrial Park, Nanshan District,Shenzhen, Guangdong, 518057, P.R.China
Authorised person signing for the company: Yao cuifeng Quality Director Of ZTE Corporation
Name in block letters & position in the company
Shenzhen, 23nd JAN 2015
Place & date Legally valid signature
This equipment may be operated in: CY CZ DK DE GR HU LT SK LI LU SI NO MT ES CH EE IE NL SE BG AT FI IT PL GB RO BE FR LV PT IS TR
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project