Copyright © 2012 ZTE CORPORATION.
All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be excerpted, reproduced, translated or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and microfilm, without the prior written permission of ZTE Corporation.
The manual is published by ZTE Corporation. We reserve the right to make modifications on print errors or update specifications without prior notice.
Version No.: R1.0
Date: April 2012 Manual No.: 079584504462
The ZTE USB modem is a multi-mode USB modem, working in LTE/GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ networks. With USB interface connecting to a laptop or a desktop PC, it integrates the functionality of a modem and a mobile phone (SMS), and combines mobile communication with Internet perfectly. It supports data and SMS services through the mobile phone network, enabling you to communicate anytime and anywhere.
The following table shows the specification of your device.
Interface Type Systems supported Operating systems supported Functions USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED Supports most types of laptop and desktop PC.
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 MAC 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 SMS service, Data service, Applications management, etc.
Network Standards Transmission speed (Max) Temperature LTE /GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ LTE TDD: 68Mbps DL, 17Mbps UL HSUPA: 5.76Mbps UL HSDPA 42Mbps DL Storage: -40°C ~ +80°C Operation:-10°C ~ +45°C 94mm×37mm×14.5mm
The following figure shows the appearance of the MF880T. It is only for your reference. The actual product may be different.
Red Blue Blue blinking Green Green blinking 1. USB Connector 2. Front Cover 3. Indicator 4. (U)SIM card slot
Power on and Offline Registered to GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ Registered to GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ with data transmission Registered to LTE Registered to LTE with data transmission
NO. 55, Hi-tech Road South, ShenZhen, P.R.China Postcode: 518057
1. Put finger on the bottom finger grip, and then lift the front cover of the modem to release and remove. Notes: Do not open the front cover rudely so as to avoid the damage of the front cover. 2. Insert the SIM/USIM card into the SIM/USIM card slot.
Insert the SIM/USIM card with the metal contact area facing downwards into the slot, and then push SIM/USIM card as far as possible, shown as the following picture.
3. Put the front cover of the modem flatly upon the body of modem. Direct the front cover towards the locking catches on the sides of the modem and push the front cover of the modem to lock the front cover into its place.
4. Connect the Modem to your laptop or desktop PC.
Rotate the USB connecter and plug the modem firmly into a USB port on your computer.
Notes: You can rotate the USB connector from two axis. Working range for the first axle of rotating USB connector is 0-180 degree, for the second axle, it is -90 - 90 degree. To avoid damage to the USB connector, do not use excessive force to do the rotation while using. Plug the USB connector into your computer’s USB port and make sure that it is tightly inserted.
The OS automatically detects and recognizes new hardware and starts the installation wizard.
• Some electronic devices are susceptible to electromagnetic interference sent by modem if inadequately shielded, such as the electronic system of vehicles. Please consult the manufacturer of the device before using the modem if necessary.
• Operating of laptop and desktop PCs and the modem may interfere with medical devices like hearing aids and pacemakers. Please always keep them more than 20 centimeters away from such medical devices when they are turned on. Turn the modem off if necessary. Consult a physician or the manufacturer of the medical device before using the modem.
• Be aware of the usage limitation when using a modem at places such as oil warehouses or chemical factories, where there are explosive gases or explosive products being processed. Turn off your modem if required.
• The use of electronic transmitting devices is forbidden in aircrafts, at petrol stations and in hospitals. Please observe and obey all warning signs and switch off your modem in these conditions.
• Do not touch the inner antenna area if not necessary. Otherwise it will affect your modem’s performance.
• Store the modem out of the reach of little children. The modem may cause injury if used as a toy.
• Do not touch the metallic parts of the modem so as to avoid a burn, when the modem is working.
• Please use original accessories or accessories that are authorized. Using any unauthorized accessories may affect your modem’s performance, and violate related national regulations about telecom terminals.
• Avoid using the modem near or inside metallic structures or establishments that can emit electromagnetic waves. Otherwise it may influence signal reception.
• The modem is not waterproof. Please keep it dry and store in a shady and cool place.
• Do not use the modem immediately after a sudden temperature change. In such case, it will produce dew inside and outside the modem, so don’t use it until it becomes dry.
• Handle the modem carefully. Do not drop, bend or strike it. Otherwise the modem will be damaged.
• No dismantling by non-professionals and only qualified technicians can undertake repair work.
• Operating temperature range of -10°C ~ +45°C and humidity range of 5% ~ 95% are recommended.
• This warranty does not apply to defects or errors in the Product caused by: i. Reasonable abrasion.
ii. End User’s failure to follow ZTE’s installation, operation or maintenance instructions or procedures.
iii. End User’s mishandling, misuse, negligence, or improper installation, disassembly, storage, servicing or operation of the Product.
iv. Modifications or repairs not made by ZTE or a ZTE-certified individual.
v. Power failures, surges, fire, flood, accidents, actions of third parties or other events outside ZTE’s reasonable control.
vi. Usage of third-party products, or usage in conjunction with third-party products provided that such defects are due to the combined usage.
vii. Any other cause beyond the range of normal usage intended for the Product.
End User shall have no right to reject or return the Product, or receive a refund for the Product from ZTE under the above-mentioned situations.
• This warranty is End User’s sole remedy and ZTE’s sole liability for defective or nonconforming items, and is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, unless otherwise required under the mandatory provisions of the law.
ZTE shall not be liable for any loss of profits or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from or arising out of or in connection with using of this product, whether or not ZTE had been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages, including, but not limited to lost profits, interruption of business, cost of capital, cost of substitute facilities or product, or any downtime cost.
You can get Help by: • Sending E-mail to
• Visiting http://www.airtel.in/4G • Calling Service Hotline: 18001030405
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project