PART NO. Q1442-i
© 2018 IOGEAR ® Part No. Q1442-i IOGEAR, the IOGEAR logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of IOGEAR. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. IOGEAR makes no warranty of any kind with regards to the information presented in this document. All information furnished here is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. IOGEAR as sumes no responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors that may appear in this document.
IOGEAR’s Wireless Screen Sharing kit allows you to enjoy all of your personal and online content wirelessly on your big screen HDTV. Using your smartphone, tablet or Windows and sound. ® based computer, you can sit back and experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows and more in Full HD on your HDTV with great image, clarity Note: For a list of known Miracast-certified devices, please visit: http://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-certified-miracast
• Wirelessly send your favorite videos, photos, music and Internet content from your Smart Phone, Tablet or Laptop to your HDTV, HD Projector or HD Display • Full HD 1080p video resolution playback support • Works with Miracast™ certified devices • Ideal solution for sharing PC content wirelessly at Home, at the Office and in the Classroom 4
1 x Wireless A/V Receiver 1 x (Optional) USB Transmitter 1 x Power Adapter 1 x Micro USB Power Cable 1 x HDMI Cable 1 x Instllation CD for Windows ® 7 only 1 x Quick Start Guide 1 x Warranty Card
PC (Minimum Requirements)
• Intel Core i5 4 th Gen or AMD Phenom II X4 equivalent or newer • 8GB or more of system memory (RAM) • Wireless networking capability
• Windows ® 7 or Windows ® 10
Smartphones and Tablets
• Wi-Fi Miracast™ certified • Android 4.2 or later • Windows ® 10 or later*
• HDTV or Projector with HDMI port *This product will not work with Apple iOS & Mac OS 5
A. Power LED B. HDMI Out (to TV) C. Mode Switch D. USB Micro-B Power Port
E. USB Type-A Connector A
B MO DE DC 5V C D E
Set up the Wireless A/V Receiver
1. Connect one end of the included HDMI Cable into an available HDMI input on your HDTV or HD Projector. 2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the Wireless A/V Receiver. 3. Plug the Micro USB end of the Power Cable into the USB-Micro B power port on the Wireless A/V Receiver. 4. Plug the other end of the USB Power Cable into the USB Power Adapter included in the package. Then plug the USB Power Adapter into an available power outlet. 5. The Power LED will light solid blue.
5 2 MO DE DC 5V 3 4 1
If you have Windows
7 or 8, please skip to page 17
6. Turn on your TV or projector, and make sure you select the correct video input that you connect your GWSSKIT receiver to. The IOGEAR flash screen will come up on the display and on the top left of the screen will be the device name IOGEAR-xxx.
Determine if you’re connecting via Wi-Fi Direct or connecting via USB Wi-Fi adapter
Most Android based mobile devices supports mirroring screen from the devices to the IOGEAR receivers, then to the TV. It is done by going to Settings or Options on the phone, below examples are for specific phones, your phone may show different screens, generally you can find these options under Screen or Display options, with terms like Screen Mirroring, or Smart View”.
1. On your Home screen. Using two fingers, swipe down from the top of the screen and “Options” menu will appear. From the Options menu choose “Smart View” (some older version may label it “Screen Mirroring”). 9
2. Your device will start searching for the Wireless A/V Receiver. Once the receiver appears, tap on it to connect. 10
3. After you initiate the connection, wait a few seconds for your device to establish the connection with the wireless receiver. When a black screen displays on both the TV and your device, the connection has been established. The technical term for this is “sync”, and the two devices have now synced with each other. After a connection is established you should be able to see a mirror image of your device on the big screen TV; whatever you do on your mobile device will be duplicated on the big screen from this point and on. To disconnect from the TV, you can either turn off your device or disconnect from the Display options screen.
For computers with Windows ® 10 you can hold down Windows to a wireless display”, your computer is Wi-Fi Direct ready.
® key + “p” or go to “Setting” and choose “Display”. If you see an option for “Connect 12
If you don’t see any of the aforementioned options, then you need to use the wireless USB adapter to establish a connection. (Go to page 17 to see detailed steps). If you see the above screen, click on “Connect to a wireless display”. Windows ® will now search for the GWSSKIT, the name will be IOGEAR-xxxx.
Click on the name IOGEAR-xxxx and connection will initiate. Give a few seconds, the TV and project will change to the exact same screen as your Windows ® 10 computer.
Once you have established connection Windows will mirror your content to the big screen. This screen will indicate that the connection is now established and you can click on “Disconnect” when you no longer want to mirror to your TV.
To disconnect, simply click on “Disconnect and Windows will terminate the connection.
Connect the receiver to a Windows ® 7 computer then switch the unit to Windows ® 7 by pressing the Mode switch at the back of the unit (between the micro USB port and the HDMI port).
The image on the TV should change to the following screen: 17
Windows ® 7, 8
1. Close all other applications 2. Please insert the included CD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the GWSSKIT 18
3. Click on “Run” (Different Operating System may ask Yes or No, Click “Yes” 4. When the installation is finished, the software will automatically install. Once that is finished: Go to your Desktop and you will see a IOGEAR icon, click on it to launch the application.
5. The application will now search for the nearby receivers, once found, click on the device in the Device List; click on “Start” and your computer screen will now be mirrored onto your TV. At this time you can mirror your computer screen to your TV or projector. 6. One more step to do if you want to stream online entertainment 20
content to your big screen TV. Click on the green “Network connection” button on the above screen and click on “SCAN” to connect your computer back to your home wifi router to access online contents. You shall see a pop up screen below to list the nearby wifi routers, choose the one you want to connect to. You only need to do this the first time you install the application. 7. On some older Windows ® 7 or 8.1 computers, you may run into some performance issues in certain environments. The optiional 21
wifi adapter included in the package can help you to create a “New” wifi network to enhance the performance. To install the Optional Wifi adaper, please follow the steps below: 1) Close the current app, insert the included USB transmitter into your unoccupied USB port on your computer and wait till the driver is installed with a Windows ® message indicating device is ready to use, then re-open it: 2) If your transmitter fails to connect, repeat the process on page 21 22
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential setting. This product generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used as directed, it may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Although this product complies with the limits for a Class B digital device, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
This product carries a 1 Year Limited Warranty. For the terms and conditions of this warranty, please go to https://www.iogear.com/support/warranty Register online at https://www.iogear.com/register Important Product Information Product Model _________________ Serial Number _________________
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU! NEED ASSISTANCE SETTING UP THIS PRODUCT?
Make sure you: 1. Visit www.iogear.com for more product information 2. Visit www.iogear.com/support for live help and product support www.iogear.com | https://iogear.custhelp.com | [email protected]
© 2018 IOGEAR®
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project