4/8-Port 4K HDMI Switch
GHSW8441 / GHSW8481
PART NO. Q1529
1 x GHSW8441 / GHSW8481 1 x HDMI Cable 1 x IR Remote Control 1 x IR Receiver Cable (GHSW8481 only) 1 x Power Adapter 1 x Quick Installation Guide 1 x Warranty Card 1
- HDMI output from source - HDMI input to display
The GHSW8441/GHSW8481 4/8-Port HDMI Switch allows you to quickly connect 4/8 HDMI sources to your HDMI display and easily switch between them via front panel pushbuttons, RS-232 or IR remote control. The front panel’s LEDs indicate the source device selected for the display at a glance. The GHSW8441/GHSW8481 supports True 4K of 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz (4:4:4), the newest resolution for high definition displays; Auto Switching modes for auto port selection; Instant Switching for a smooth video transition between HDMI ports with increased efficiency; and features a built-in bi-directional RS-232 serial port that allows the switch to be controlled through a high-end controller, PC, and/or home automation/home theater software package.
1. HDMI Input Port 2. Port Selection Switch 3. Port LEDs 4. IR Receiver 5. Power Jack 6. HDMI Output Port 7. HDMI Input Ports 8. RS-232 Serial Port 9. On/Off Auto Switch 10. IR Extension Port
2 HD INPUT
5 HDMI OUT 6
HDMI IN 7 8 9 10
1. Port Up/Down Buttons 2. Power On/Off Buttons 3. Port Selection Buttons
1 2 3
1. Port Selection Push Buttons 2. Power Button 3. Power LED 4. Port LEDs 5. Power Jack 6. On/Off Auto Switch 7. HDMI Output Port 8. HDMI Input Ports 9. IR Extension Port 10. RS-232 Serial Port
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
4 HDMI OUT
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
5 6 7
11. Port Up/Down Buttons 12. Power On/Off Buttons 13. Port Selection Buttons
11 2 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
8 9 10 12 13
1. Use an HDMI cable to connect to the HDMI input port of the video display to the HDMI output port on the rear of the GHSW8441.
2. Use HDMI cables to connect to the HDMI output ports on the source devices to the HDMI input ports on the GHSW8441. Three HDMI input ports are located on the rear of the switch; the fourth HDMI port is located on the front of the switch.
Video Display Video Source
3. To edit the GHSW8441/GHSW8481 system settings through the RS-232 port for hardware or software configuration.
RS-232 Serial Interface
The GHSW8441’s built-in bi-directional RS-232 serial interface allows for system control from a high-end controller or from a PC.
4. You can use the IR Extension Cable (GHSW8481 only) to connect to the IR port on the back of GHSW8481.
5. Plug the power adapter cable into the Power Jack of the GHSW8441/GHSW8481.
Source Device Selection
The GHSW8441/GHSW8481 HDMI Switch offers a variety of methods for source device selection from the front panel using pushbuttons, IR remote or through an RS-232 serial interface.
To select a source device, press the port selection button that corresponds to the port that it is connected to.
Remote Control Selection
To select a source device with the remote control, press the number button of the connected port.
Alternatively you can cycle through the available source devices by pushing the Port Up or Port Down buttons of the remote control unit Use the Port Up button to select the next available port in ascending order (position from the left to the right of the front panel) Use the Port Down button to select the next available port in descend ing order (position from the right to the left of the front panel)
Powering Off and Restarting
If you power off the GHSW8441/GHSW8481, following the steps below before powering it again 1. Power off the attached devices 2. Unplug the power adapter cable from the GHSW8441/GHSW8481 3. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the power adapter cable back in.
4. After GHSW8441/GHSW8481 is powered on, power on the attached devices. 8
This product may expose you to chemicals including styrene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Federal Communications Commission Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
This product carries a 3 Year Warranty. For the terms and conditions of this warranty, please go to https://www.iogear.com/support/warranty Register online at https://www.iogear.com/register Important Product Information Product Model Serial Number
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU! NEED ASSISTANCE SETTING UP THIS PRODUCT?
Make sure you: 1. Visit www.iogear.com for more product information 2. Visit www.iogear.com/support for live help and product support