Bartscher 100082 Ice-cube maker HK150 Operating instructions
Bartscher GmbH Franz-Kleine-Str. 28 D-33154 Salzkotten Germany Phone: +49 5258 971-0 Fax: +49 5258 971-120
Technical Support Hotline:
+49 5258 971-197 www.bartscher.com
EN Version: 1.0 Date of preparation: 2019-12-10
Original instruction manual
Safety ............................................................................................................ 2 Explanation of signal words ..................................................................... 2
Intended use ............................................................................................ 5 Unintended use ........................................................................................ 5
Liability and warranty ............................................................................... 6 Copyright protection ................................................................................. 6 2.3
Transport, packaging and storage ................................................................. 7 Delivery check ......................................................................................... 7 Packaging ................................................................................................ 7 3.3
Functions of the appliance ..................................................................... 10 Installation and operation ............................................................................ 10 5.1
Safety Instructions for cleaning .............................................................. 14 Cleaning ................................................................................................. 14
100082 1 / 20
Diese Bedi enungsanlei tung besc hrei bt di e I nst allation, Bedi enung und Wart ung des G eräts und gilt als wic htige Infor mationsquelle und N achschl agewer k. Di e Kennt nis aller enthalt enen Sic herheits hi nweis e und H andlungs anweisungen schaf ft die Vorauss etz ung f ür das sichere und s ac hger echte Ar beit en mit dem G erät. D arüber hi naus müs sen die f ür den Ei ns atz ber eic h des G erät s gelt enden ör tlichen Unfall verhüt ungs vorsc hrift en und allgemeinen Sicherheits besti mmungen eing ehalt en wer den. Dies e Bedi enungs anleit ung is t Bes tandt eil des Produkts und muss i n unmi tt elbarer N ähe des Ger äts für das In¬s tall ations-, Bedi enungs-, Wartungs- und R einigungspers onal jederzeit z ugänglich auf¬bewahrt werden. Wenn das Ger ät an eine dritt e Pers on weiterg egeben wird, muss die Bedi enungsanlei tung mit ausgehändigt wer den.
Read this instruction manual before using and keep it available at all times!
This instruction manual contains information about installation, operation and maintenance of the appliance and constitutes an important source of information and reference guide. The knowledge of all operational and safety instructions included in this manual is a prerequisite for safe and proper handling of the appliance. Additionally, accident prevention, occupational health and safety, and legal regulations in force in the area the appliance is used apply. Before you start using the appliance, especially before turning it on, read this instruction manual in order to avoid personal injuries and property damages. Improper use may cause damage. This instruction manual forms and integral part of the product and must be stored in an immediate vicinity of the appliance and be available at all times. The instruction manual should be transferred together with the appliance.
This appliance has been manufactured in accordance with technical standards currently in force. However, the appliance may be a source of hazards if used improperly or contrary to its intended purpose. All persons using the appliance must consider information included in this instruction manual and observe safety instructions.
Explanation of signal words
Important safety instructions and warning information are indicated in this instruction manual with appropriate signal words. You must strictly follow the instructions, to prevent accidents, personal injuries and property damages.
The signal word
warns against hazards that lead to severe injuries or death if the hazards are not avoided. 2 / 20 100082
The signal word
warns against hazards that may lead to moderate or severe injuries or death if the hazards are not avoided.
The signal word
warns against hazards that may lead to light or moderate injuries if the hazards are not avoided. , di e
The signal word
indicates possible property damages, which may occur if safety instructions are not observed.
indicates subsequent information and guidelines for the user on usage of the appliance.
Safety instructions Electrical current
• Too high a mains voltage or incorrect installation may cause electric shock. • The appliance may be connected only if data on the rating plate correspond with the mains voltage. • To avoid short-circuit, the appliance should be kept dry. • If there are malfunctions during operation, disconnect the appliance from the power supply. • Do not touch the appliance’s plug with wet hands. • Never take hold of the appliance if it has fallen into water. Immediately disconnect the appliance from the power supply. • Any repairs or housing opening may be carried out by professionals and relevant workshops only. • Do not transport the appliance, holding it by the power cord. • Do not allow the power cord to come into contact with heat sources or sharp edges. • Do not bend, pinch nor knot the power cord. • Always completely unwind the power cord. 100082 3 / 20
• Never place the appliance or other objects on the power cord. • Always take hold of the plug to disconnect the appliance from the power supply. Inc orrect operati on of t he applianc e may c ause fire or explosi on haz ard due t o igniti on of its cont ent.
Fire hazard / flammable materials hazard / explosion hazard!
• Do not use any electric devices in the appliance. • Do not store nor use petrol or other flammable liquids and gases in the vicinity of this or any other appliance. Those gases may cause fire or explosion hazard. • Do not put into the appliance any explosive materials, like sprays filled with flammable propellants. Contents of containers filled with flammable gases and liquids may leak in low temperatures, and the contents may catch fire from sparks generated by an electric appliance. Explosion hazard! • In the case of coolant leakage, pull the plug from the socket. Remove all sources of ignition in the vicinity, ventilate room and contact technical service. Avoid coolant getting in contact with eyes, as it may cause serious eye damage. • Never use any flammable liquids for cleaning the appliance or its parts. Gases released may cause fire or explosion hazard. • In the case of fire, disconnect the appliance from the power supply before attempting adequate fire-extinguishing actions. • Never attempt to extinguish fire with water if the appliance is connected to the power supply. Following extinction of fire, ensure sufficient fresh air inflow. • Defrosting process may not be sped up with mechanical means or heat energy sources (candles or heaters) nor with any other means. Vapour produced may cause short-circuit and too high temperatures may damage the appliance. • All ventilation slots should not be obstructed during operation. • Never attempt to damage cooling installation of the appliance. Halten Sie Verpac kungsmat eriali en und St yropor teile von Ki ndern f ern. They may g et embroiled and suff ocate.
The device can be used by children of 8 years old and older, as well as by people with reduced physical, sensory or mental abilities and those with limited experience/knowledge as long as they are under supervision or have been instructed on safe use of the device and possible risks. Children should not play with the device.
• Unintended or prohibited use may cause damage to the appliance. • The appliance may only be used when its technical condition is flawless and allows for safe operation. • The appliance may only be used when all connections are executed according to rules of law in force. 4 / 20 100082
• The appliance may only be used when it is clean. • Use only original spare parts. Never attempt to repair the appliance on your own. • Do not introduce any changes in the appliance nor modify it. • Do not drill hole in the appliance nor install any objects on it. • Do not place any heavy objects on the appliance.
As described below, every use of the appliance for a purpose differing and/or diverging from its intended standard use, is prohibited and considered to be an unintended use. The following is an intended use: – Ice cube preparation.
An unintended use may lead to personal injuries or property damages caused by hazardous voltage, fire or high temperature. The appliance may only be used to perform tasks described in this instruction manual.
100082 5 / 20
Liability and warranty
All information and instructions in this instruction manual account for legal regulations in force, current level of technical engineering knowledge as well as our expertise and experience, developed over the years. If special models or additional options are ordered, or state-of-the-art technical solutions were implemented, the actual scope of delivery of the appliance may, in some circumstances, differ from descriptions and numerous drawings in this instruction manual. The manufacturer is not liable for any damages nor faults stemming from: – failure to observe instructions, – unintended use, – technical alterations introduced by the user, – usage of unapproved spare parts. We reserve the right to introduce technical modifications to the product, intended for improvement of the appliance and its performance.
This instruction manual, and texts, drawings and images included in it, as well as its other components are copyright protected. It is prohibited to reproduce this instruction manual (including its excerpts), in any form and by any means, and to use and/or transfer its conte nt to third parties without manufacturer’s written permission. Violation of the above results in obligation to pay compensation. We reserve the right to claim further damages.
Declaration of conformity
The appliance meets the currently applicable standards and guidelines of the European Union. We confirm the above in the EC Declaration of Conformity. We may provide relevant Declaration of Conformity upon request. 6 / 20 100082
Transport, packaging and storage
Transport, packaging and storage
Immediately upon reception, check the delivery for completeness and possible shipping damage. In the case of visible transport damage refuse to accept the appliance or accept it conditionally. Mark and note the scope of damage in shipping documents/consignment list of the shipping company and lodge a complaint. Concealed damage must be reported immediately upon its discovery, as compensation claims may only be filed within applicable time limits. If you find that parts or accessories missing, please contact our Customer Service Department.
Do not dispose of the appliance cardboard box. It may be used to store the appliance when relocating or when shipping the appliance to our service point in the case of any damages. The packaging and its elements are made of recyclable materials. Particularly, these are: plastic films and bags, cardboard box. When disposing of the packaging, observe applicable domestic regulations. Recyclable packaging materials should be recycled.
Leave the packaging closed until installation of the appliance; observe external indications concerning method of placing and storage. Store the packaging in the following conditions only: – in closed rooms; – in dry and dust-free surrounding; – away from aggressive agents; – in a location protected against sunlight; – in a location protected against mechanical shocks. In the case of extended storage (over three months), make sure you check the condition of the packaging and the parts regularly. If needed, replace the packaging with a new one.
100082 7 / 20
Art. No.: Material: Tank volume, in litres: Ice cube output per work cycle, pcs.: Max. output, in kg /h: Storage container capacity, in kg:
Ice-cube maker HK150 100082
Plastic 4,5 12 15 / 24 1,5 Amount of coolant, in g: Climate class: Power supply: Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm: R290 / 33 ST 0,320 kW / 220-240 V / 50 Hz 375 x 420 x 415 Weight in kg: 13,3 We reserve the right to implement technical modifications!
Version / Characteristics
• Ice cube design: cone-shaped (hollow cone) • Ice cube size selector button • Ice cube size: – S (Ø 1.5 cm | H 3.5 cm) – M (Ø 2.2 cm | H 3.5 cm) – L (Ø 2.5 cm | H 3.5 cm) • Water tank yield: up to 150 ice cubes, depending on the ice cube size • Water outlet: left side • Fill level sensor • Production method: vertical evaporator system • Cooling: air-cooled • Control: button, electronic • ON/OFF switch • Indicator lights: ready for operation, storage container full, refill tank, ice cube size 8 / 20 100082
• The set includes: ice cube shovel
List of components of the appliance
1. Sight glass 3. Ice through 5. Storage container 7. Control panel 9. Ventilation opening 2. Carrying handle (2 pcs.) 4. Ice shovel 6. Housing 8. Closing cover 100082 9 / 20
Installation and operation 4.3
Functions of the appliance
The ice-cube maker is designed for production of ice cubes in various sizes.
5 Installation and operation
Installation Unpacking / Positioning
• Unpack the appliance, remove all external and internal packaging elements and shipment safeguards.
CAUTION! Choking hazard!
Prevent children from accessing package materials, for instance: plastic bags and EPS. • If the appliance is covered with a protective film, remove it. Remove the film slowly, so no glue residues are left. Remove any glue residues with the use of a suitable solvent. • Be careful not to damage the rating plate and warning labels fixed on the appliance. •
place the appliance in humid or wet environment. • Place the appliance in a way making the connections easily accessible, so that they may be quickly disconnected if such a need arises. • The appliance should be placed on surfaces that are: – even, with sufficient bearing capacity, resistant to water, dry and resistant to high temperatures; – sufficiently large, and thus enabling usage of the appliance with no problems; – easily accessible; – well ventilated. • Maintain sufficient clearance from table edges. The appliance might turn over and fall down. Nie nal eż y umies zcz ać urządz eni a w g orąc ym otoczeniu ani w pobliż u materiał ów łatwopalnyc h. The appliance requir es s uf ficient airflow f or pr oper operation. Ass ure a mini mum later al cl ear anc e of t he appli ance of 10 c m. Die Ö ff nungen am G erät niemals abdec ken oder bl oc ki eren. • • Do not position the appliance in high humidity locations. Air relative humidity should not exceed 70%. 10 / 20 100082
Installation and operation
• Do not place the appliance in direct sunlight or in the vicinity of heat sources (cooker, radiator, heating devices, etc.). Heat sources may negatively affect power consumption, and restrict functions of the appliance, too. • In order to avoid damage to the compressor, do not tilt the appliance more than 45° when positioning or transporting it. The el ectric soc ket s hould be easil y accessibl e s o it is pos sibl e t o quic kl y disconnect t he power c ord when nec ess ar y. The el ectric soc ket s hould be easil y accessibl e s o it is pos sibl e t o quic kl y disconnect t he power c ord when nec ess ar y. The el ectric soc ket s hould be easil y accessibl e s o it is pos sibl e t o quic kl y disconnect t he power c ord when nec ess ar y. • • Keep minimum distance from walls and objects; maintain clearance of 15 cm at both sides and at the rear, and 20 cm over the appliance. • The appliance should be installed only in rooms, in which ambient temperature falls in the range of 10°C – 38 °C.
Power supply connection
• • Verify if technical data of the appliance (see rating plate) correspond with the local electric power grid specification. • Connect the appliance to a single, properly grounded mains socket with protective contact. Do not connect the appliance to a multi-socket. • The power cord should be laid in a way preventing anyone from threading on it or tripping against it. • If in winter the ice-cube maker is brought from the outside to a room, leave it for a few hours to heat up and reach the room temperature before switching it on. • Before connecting the appliance to the power supply, wait 1 hour for the coolant to stabilize. • After a power failure or when the plug is removed from the socket, reconnect the appliance to the power supply after 5 minutes at the earliest. The el ectric soc ket s hould be easil y accessibl e s o it is pos sibl e t o quic kl y disconnect t he power c ord when nec ess ar y. The el ectric soc ket s hould be easil y accessibl e s o it is pos sibl e t o quic kl y disconnect t he power c ord when nec ess ar y. The el ectric soc ket s hould be easil y accessibl e s o it is pos sibl e t o quic kl y disconnect t he power c ord when nec ess ar y.
100082 11 / 20
Installation and operation 5.2
Operation Preparation of the Appliance
1. Prior to first operation, clean the appliance and its equipment according to instructions in section
. 2. Finally, dry the appliance and accessories thoroughly. 3. Connect the appliance to a single grounded socket.
1. Water tank indicator light 2. Storage container indicator light 3. ON/OFF indicator light 4. ON/OFF button 5. Ice cube size selector button 6. Ice cube size indicator lights
1. Open the cover. 2. Remove the storage container. 3. Fill the water tank with water. 4. Reinsert the storage container. 5. Use the Select button to select the ice cube size. 12 / 20 100082
Installation and operation
You may select from amongst S, M or L size. With room temperature of 16°C it is recommended to select sizes S and M, to avoid ice cubes sticking with each other. 6. Turn the appliance on with the ON/OFF switch. The ice cubes production process is started. The selected ice cube size indicator light is lit during the production process. The appliance starts and the ice through travels under the evaporator. The water is pumped from the water tank to the water tray. Ice cubes are generated at 12 tips of the evaporator. The ready ice cubes fall into the storage container through the ice through.
NOTE: Make sure you check the water level regularly during operation of the appliance. If the water pump is unable to sprinkle water, the ice-cube maker will automatically stop and display the 'Add water' message.
7. Use the ON/OFF switch to stop the production process and add water. 8. Wait a short while and run the production process, using ON/OFF switch to this end. The appliance automatically stops the production process when the storage container is full. The 'Ice' indicator light is lit. 9. Use the ice shovel to take the ice cubes our of the storage container. The ice-cube maker goes into ready for operation mode, and ice cube production is started anew as soon as ice cubes are removed.
CAUTION! Due to hygienic reasons, the ice cubes produced during the first production process should be disposed of; do not use them to cool beverages nor food products.
10. Drain water from the water tank after use.
NOTE: If the device is to be operated again after a longer break, conduct 2 –3 ice cubes production cycles using fresh water in order to remove bacteria. The ice cubes produced in the process should be disposed of.
100082 13 / 20
Safety Instructions for cleaning
• Before cleaning, disconnect the appliance from the power supply. • Leave the appliance to cool down completely. • Make sure water does not enter the appliance. Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids during cleaning. Do not clean the appliance with a pressurized water jet. • Do not use any sharp or pointed, nor metal implements (knife, fork, etc.). Sharp or pointed implements may damage the appliance, and when in contact with live parts, they may cause electric shock. • For cleaning, do not use any scouring agents that contain solvents nor corrosive cleaning agents. They may damage the surface.
1. At the end of a working day clean the appliance thoroughly. 2. Remove the ice cubes basket. 3. Wash the ice cubes baskets under running water. 4. Rotate the drain cover at the left side of the appliance counter-clockwise to drain the water. 5. Clean the appliance inside and outside with warm water and mild cleaning agent. 6. Close the drain cover. 7. After cleaning, dry and polish the surface with a soft and dry cloth. 14 / 20 100082
Inappropriate water may lead to scale deposit in the water tank of the appliance. These deposits may negatively affect the operation of the appliance. For this reason, the appliance should be regularly descaled. 1. For descaling purposes, use a solution of water and vinegar or commercially available descaling agent. Follow the product manufacturer’s instructions. 2. Fill the water tank with the solution. 3. Run the production cycle. 4. Using fresh water, conduct 1 –2 more production cycles, to remove all residues of descaling solution.
CAUTION! Dispose of the produced ice cubes; do not use them for cooling beverages not food products!
100082 15 / 20
The table below contains descriptions of possible causes and solutions to malfunctions or errors during operation of the appliance. When malfunction cannot be removed, contact the technical service.
Error Possible Cause Solution
The 'Add water' indicator light is lit. The 'Ice' indicator light is lit. Both 'Add Water' and 'Ice' indicator lights are blinking. Ice through is stuck. Ice cubes stick with one another. The appliance is working but is not producing ice. The appliance is loosing water. The water level is too low. The storage container is full. The ice production cycle is too long. The water temperature in external tank is too low. Exchange the water in the water tank. Use water with the temperature of 10 °C – 38 °C. The ambient temperature or water temperature in external tank is too high. The appliance should be used in an environment with ambient temperature of 38 °C and with cold water. The coolant is escaping. Contact the service company. A tube obstructed in the cooling system. Maybe the closing cover is not correctly tightened. Add water and restart the appliance. Empty the storage container. Check if the ice is blocking the Ice through. If not, contact the service company. Stop the production cycle and run it anew when blocks of ice melt. Select a smaller ice cube size. Contact the service company. Tighten the closing cover. 16 / 20 100082
Possible malfunctions Error Possible Cause Solution
Ice cubes are melting.
There is enough water in the water tank, but the 'Add water' indicator light is lit and the appliance does not work. The installation place is unsuitable or the appliance is constantly being opened and closed.
Pay attention to the right ambient temperature. Avoid opening the lid too often.
The water filter at the bottom of the water tank may be obstructed. Remove the water filter and clean it thoroughly. If the error message reappears: 1. Observe the instructions in section "Descaling". Wait for approx. 5 –10 minutes, and then press the "Power" button again. 2. Pull the plug out. Wait for approx. 5 –10 minutes, and then reconnect the appliance to electric power. The 'Ice' message is lit, but the storage container is not full yet. The temperature in the room is too low (below 10 °C). The ice cubes are in contact with the sensor, when they are pressed in into the storage container.
The following phenomena are not malfunctions:
Operate the appliance in the ambient temperature over 10 °C. Remove the ice cubes and restart the appliance. – During normal operation, a sound of water flowing is heard. This is a sound of coolant flowing through the installation. Water vapour condensation on glass lid in high air humidity conditions is a normal occurrence. Wipe the water vapour out with a soft, dry cloth.
100082 17 / 20
Electric appliances are marked with this symbol. Electrical appliances must be disposed of and recycled in a correct and environmentally friendly manner. You must not dispose of electric appliances with household waste. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply and remove power cord from the appliance. Electrical appliances should be returned to designated collection points.
The propellant used in the appliance is flammable. It should be utilised pursuant to national regulations in force. 18 / 20 100082
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project