Quick Start Guide
Default Login Information
Quick setup guide Mounting template
1 Screws and plastic anchors – 4pcs 1 Torque wrench 1 Set 1
Download all your support materials and tools in one place 1. Go to: 3. Click
http://www.digital-watchdog.com/resources ‘Search by Product’ ‘Search’
search bar. Results for applicable part number you enter.
2. Search your product by entering the part number in the part numbers will populate automatically based on the . All supported materials, including manuals and quick start guide (QSGs) will appear in the results.
This document is intended to serve as a quick reference for initial set-up. It is recommended that the user read the entire instruction manual for complete and proper installation and usage.
Tel: +1 (866) 446-3595 / (813) 888-9555 Technical Support Hours: 9:00AM – 8:00PM EST, Monday thru Friday digital-watchdog.com
1. The mounting surface must bear five times the weight of your camera. 2. Do not let the cables get caught in improper places or the electric line cover to be damaged. This may cause a breakdown or fire. 3. CAUTION: These servicing instructions are for use by qualified service personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operating instructions unless you are qualified to do so.
4. This product is intended to be supplied by a UL Listed Power Supply Unit marked “Class 2” or “LPS” or “PS2” and rated 12 Vdc, 470 mA min.
5. The wired LAN hub providing power over the Ethernet (PoE) in accordance with IEEE 802-3af shall be a UL Listed device with the output evaluated as a Limited Power Source as defined in UL60950-1 or PS2 as defined in UL62368-1.
6. Unit is intended for installation in a Network Environment 0 as defined in IEC TR 62102. As such, associated Ethernet wiring shall be limited to inside the building. 7. Using the mounting template sheet or the camera itself, mark and drill the necessary holes in the wall or ceiling.
Pass the wires through and make all necessary connections.
1. NETWORK CONNECTIONS – Using a PoE Switch or PoE Injector, connect the camera using an Ethernet cable for both data and power.
2. NETWORK CONNECTIONS – Not using PoE Switch or PoE Injector, connect the camera to the switch using an Ethernet cable for data transmission and use a power adapter to power the camera.
DC 12V, PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 3). (Adapter not included)
DC12V: max 5.6W
PoE: max 7.3W
1. Once all cables are connected, secure the camera to the mounting surface using the included screws.
2. Loosen the pan and tilt screws at the base of the camera’s bracket to adjust the camera’s view and position.
Reset Button Pan/Tilt Screw
Quick Start Guide
Template Sheet Resetting the camera: To reset the camera, use the tip of a paper clip or a pencil and press the reset button. Pressing the button for five (5) seconds will initiate a camera-wide reset of all the settings, including network settings.
Use the diagram below to properly connect power, network, audio, alarm and sensors to the camera.
1. To install the camera’s SD Card, locate the SD card slot in the back of the camera by removing the cover to access the SD card slot.
2. Insert class 10 SD/SDHC/SDXC card into the SD card slot by pressing the SD card until clicks. A paper clip is recommended to insert the card properly.
3. To remove the SD card, press the card inward until it clicks to release from the card slot than pull out from the slot.A paper clip is recommended to remove the card properly.
When inserting the SD card into the card slot, the SD card’s contacts should be facing upward, as shown in the diagram.
Quick Start Guide
™ Use the DW IP Finder™ software to scan the network and detect all MEGApix ® cameras, set the camera’s network settings or access the camera’s web client.
Thumbnail view Select network to scan Filter device type to scan Scan devices Show/hide thumbnail view Refresh thumbnail view Firmware version Camera’s uptime Open Device configuration settings
Bulk IP assignment Firmware upgrade Network Setup 1. To install the DW IP Finder™, go to: http://www.digital-watchdog.com
2. Enter “DW IP Finder” on the search box at the top of the page and press Enter.
3. Click on the DW IP Finder from the search result and go to Software tab. Click on download icon to download the DW IP Finder installation file.
4. Run the installation file and follow the wizard to install the DW IP Finder™. Open the DW IP Finder™ and click ‘Scan Devices’. It will scan the selected network for all supported devices and list the results in the table. During the scan, the DW logo will turn gray.
Select DHCP if the internet service is dynamic IP. This will allow the camera to receive its IP address from the DHCP server.
Select “Static” to manually enter the camera’s IP address, (Sub) Netmask, Gateway and DNS information.
* The camera’s IP must be set to Static if connecting to DW Spectrum Contact your network administrator for more information.
Device’s information 5. Select a camera from the list by double-clicking on the camera’s image or clicking on the ‘Click’ button under the IP Conf. column. The pop-up window will show the camera’s current network settings, allowing admin users to adjust the settings as needed. 6. To access the camera’s web page, click on ‘View Camera Website’.
7. To save the changes made to the camera’s setting, input username and password of the camera and click Apply. Click “Scan Devices” from the main screen again to display the updated information. ‘Port forwarding’ has to be set in your network’s router for external access to the camera.
Default ID / PW : admin / admin
For security purposes, it is highly recommended to change your password after initial setup. The GUI display may differ by camera models.
Once the camera’s network settings have been setup properly, you can access the camera’s web viewer using the DW IP Finder ™ . To open the camera’s web viewer: 1. Find the camera using the DW IP Finder ™ . 2. Double-click on the camera’s view in the results table. 3. Press the ‘View Camera Website’. The camera’s web viewer will open up in your default web browser. 4. Enter the camera’s username and password (default are admin / admin). 5. If you are accessing the camera for the first time, install the VLC player for web files in order to view video from the camera.
Please see the full product manual for web viewer setup, functions and camera settings options.
Default TCP/IP information: DHCP Rev Date: 05/19 Copyright © Digital Watchdog. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.