Quick Start Guide DWC-MVT4Wi36 DWC-MVT4Wi6 DWC-MVT4Wi28
Quick set up guide Mounting template Waterproof cap Rubber plug
Default Login Information
1 Tapping screws PA 4x35 – 4pcs 1 Plastic anchors – 4pcs 1 Set Allen wrench 1 1 Set 1 Set 1 NOTE: Download all your support materials and tools in one place.
1. Go to:
2. Search your product by entering the part number in the ‘Search by Product’ search bar. Results for applicable part numbers will populate automatically based on the part number you enter.
3. Click ‘Search’. All supported materials, including manuals, Quick Start Guides (QSG), software and firmware will appear in the results.
This document is intended to serve as a quick reference for initial set up. It is recommended that the user read the entire instruction manual for complete and proper installation and usage.
Tel: +1 (866) 446-3595 / (813) 888-9555 Technical Support Hours: 9:00AM – 8:00PM EST, Monday thru Friday digital-watchdog.com
Quick Start Guide
1. The mounting surface must bear three times the weight of your camera. 2. Do not let the cables get caught in improper places or the electric line cover to be damaged. This may cause a breakdown or fire.
3. For the installation process, remove the camera’s dome cover by loosening the screws at the base of the dome. 4. Using the mounting template sheet or the camera itself, mark and drill the necessary holes in the wall or ceiling.
5. Pass the wires through the mount bracket and make all necessary connections.
a. NETWORK CONNECTIONS – If you are using a PoE Switch, connect the camera using an Ethernet cable for both data and power.
b. NETWORK CONNECTIONS – If you are using a non-PoE switch, connect the camera to the switch using an Ethernet cable for data transmission and use a power adapter to power the camera.
DC 12V POE IEEE 802.3af
LED on: 3.5W
LED off: 2W
6. To use the camera’s water proof wiring: Template Sheet 7 2
To ensure moisture seal, make sure the o-ring is in place between and . In extreme environments use of an outdoor rated sealer is recommended.
When using the waterproof cap, crimp the RJ45 connector after passing the cable through the waterproof cap.
7. Secure the camera to the mounting surface with the provided screws.
9. Remove the protection film softly to complete the installation.
8. Adjust the camera to obtain an optimum angle by using the camera’s three axis gimbal. The camera’s max angles are: Pan: 0°~ 240° Tilt: 0°~ 68° Rotation: 0°~ 220° 8 Pan: 0° ~ 240° 4 1 Rubber Plug 3 Tilt: 0° ~ 68° Rotation: 0° ~ 220° a b 6 5 a 5 b Ethernet Cable Power Ethernet Cable c
Use the DW IP Finder™ software to scan the network and detect all MEGApix® cameras, set the camera’s network settings or access the camera’s web client.
Device’s Network Settings Filter Search Results Search for Devices Camera’s Live Thumbnail View Select which Network to Scan Show/Hide Thumbnail View Devices Firmware Version Device Name, Model, IP Address, and MAC Address Firmware Upgrade Network Setup 1. Go to: http://www.digital-watchdog.com
2. Search for ‘IP Finder’ on the quick search bar at the top of the page.
3. The latest IP Finder software will appear in the search results. Click on the link to download the file to your computer. 4. The software will scan your network for all supported cameras and display the results in the table. Allow up to 5 seconds for the IP Finder to find the camera on the network.
5. Select a camera from the list by double-clicking on the camera’s image or clicking on the ‘Click’ button under the IP Conf. column. The camera’s network information will appear. If necessary, you can adjust the camera’s network type.
Select DHCP if the internet service is dynamic IP. This will allow the camera to receive its IP address from the DHCP server.
Select STATIC to manually enter the camera’s IP address, subnet mask, Gateway and DNS information.
Contact your network administrator for more information.
6. The camera’s default network information is: Default TCP/IP information • IP: DHCP 7. To view the camera’s web viewer, click on ‘View Camera Website’.
‘Port Forwarding’ has to be set in your network’s router for external access to the camera.
8. To save the changes made to the camera’s settings, input the ID and PW of the camera for authentication and click ‘Save’.
9. If the camera needs to be rebooted after the settings were changed, press the ‘Reboot’ button. The camera will cycle power and will appear back in the search results once the reboot is complete.
Default ID / PW : admin / admin
For security purposes, it is highly recommended to change the cameras default password.
Quick Start Guide
This camera’s web client must be accessed via Internet Explorer web browser only.
The GUI display may differ by camera models.
Once the camera’s network settings have been setup properly, you can access the camera’s web viewer using the DW IP Finder™. To open the camera’s web viewer: 1. Find the camera using the DW IP Finder™. 2. Double-click on the camera’s view in the results table. 3. Press the ‘View Camera Website’. The camera’s web viewer will open up in your default web browser. 4. Enter the camera’s username and password (default are admin / admin). 5. If you are accessing the camera for the first time, install the ActiveX player for web files in order to view video from the camera.
Some Menu options may not be available based on the camera model. See the full manual for more information.
Rev Date: 09/19 Copyright © Digital Watchdog. All rights reserved. Specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.