Congratulations on your purchase of this Extech HDV600 series Video Borescope. This instrument is designed for use as a remote inspection device. It can be used to peer into tight spots, record and playback real-time video and images. Typical applications include HVAC inspection, automotive inspection, cable routing, and automotive/boat/aircraft inspection. The monitor is designed with dual left or right handed controls for maximum flexibility and is available with a full line of accessories. This meter is shipped fully tested and, with proper use, will provide years of reliable service.
HDV600 VideoScope (Monitor only) HDV610 HDV620 HDV640 HDV640W VideoScope w/1m flexible cable, 5.5mm diameter VideoScope w/1m semi-rigid cable, 5.8mm diameter VideoScope w/1m Articulating semi-rigid cable, 6mm diameter VideoScope w/1m Wireless Articulating semi-rigid cable, 6mm diameter Note: Additional probe lengths and configurations are available. A list is available at the end of this guide.
The IP67 waterproof rating applies to the monitor when the bottom panel access cover is fully in place. For the Articulating Probe, do not operate the articulation knob with the probe in a coiled configuration. This will damage the articulation controls! 2 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
1. Probe connector 2. Camera button 3. Video button 4. Rotate image button 5. Display 6. Zoom buttons 7. Light intensity buttons 8. Power Button 9. Scroll buttons 10. Selection buttons 11. USB connector 12. Microphone 13. SD card slot 14. Video output jack 15. Reset button 16. AC adaptor connector
1. Articulation knob 2. Articulation tension knob 3. Articulating camera 4. Light intensity buttons 5. Power button 6. AC Adaptor and extension cable sockets 7. Carrying strap
1. Probe Connector 2. 3. 4. Light Intensity buttons Power button AC Adaptor and extension cable sockets 5. Carrying strap
1. Anti-snag tip 2. 3.
1. 2. 3. Magnet 45° Mirror Camera Shaft Monitor connector 3 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
A fully charged battery will allow approximately 5 hours of continuous use. 1. Turn the meter off and then connect the AC adaptor to charge the meter. 2. After several hours, turn the meter on. The battery icon will indicate either: A: Fully charged 3. B: Charge in progress If the battery is charged, remove the AC adaptor and observe that the fully charged 4 bar icon appears. 4. 5. If the battery icon indicates less than 4 bars, turn the meter off and continue charging. Always wait for a full fully charged indication to maximize operation time and to maintain battery health.
The battery will not properly charge if the meter is on during the charging cycle.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Insert the SD card into the bottom SD slot Press the Power button to turn the monitor on. The battery icon will briefly appear indicating the battery condition. Press OK to open the setup MENU Press the ▲ or ▼ button to scroll through the MENU selections. Press OK to open the highlighted selection. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to scroll through the items in an open menu item. Press the ▲ or ▼ buttons to increase or decrease the selected value. After there has been a change, press the OK button to save the change or the ESC button to exit without the change. Note: After 10 seconds of inactivity, the Setup menu will exit without storing changes.
DELETE ALL: DATE/TIME SETUP: LANGUAGE
AUTO POWER OFF: INPUT SOURCE
: Erase all stored pictures and videos Set the date (year/month/day), time (hour:minute:second) and display on/off Set the menu display to any one of 21 languages. Set the video output to NTSC or PAL format. Set the APO to 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes or DISABLE. Set Direct or Wireless. 4 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
1. 2. 3. 4. Connect the probe to the monitor. Press the Power button to turn the monitor on. Maneuvere the probe into position to view the area to be examined. The probe can be bent into the shape of the area to be examined. Optimum focus distance is 2 to 6cm (0.79 to 2.3”) Optimum focus distance is probe dependent, but the typical range is 2 to 6cm
Press the or zoom buttons to increase or decrease the display resolution from 1X to 2X.
Press and release the intensity or buttons to increase or decrease the camera LED light Note: the camera LEDs become warm when set to maximum intensity
Press the button to take and store a picture into memory. The display when a picture is taken.
icon will appear on the Press the button to start recording a video. The icons will appear on the display when a video is being recorded. Press the button to stop the recording. Audio will be recorded on the video via the microphone on the bottom of the monitor. Note: The bottom access cover must be removed for audio recording. The IP67 waterproof rating applies to the monitor when the bottom panel access cover is fully in place.
Press the button to rotate the display 90 degrees.
Three accessories (mirror, anti-snag tip and magnet) are supplied with each probe. Attach the accessory by unscrewing the probe ring and screwing on the attachment. 5 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
The articulating probe, with adjustable tip angle, is used for improved viewing angles and optimum inspection when the probe is inserted into the inspection location. The articulating probe is available in a direct (wired) or wireless version. Wireless version Note: The battery must be fully charged for wireless operation. A weak battery may result in meter shut down. 1. Connect the AC adaptor to the transmitter and charge the battery. 2. 3. Press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds to turn the monitor on, then select “WIRELESS” under the INPUT SOURCE selection in the MENU screen. Press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds to turn the transmitter on. The camera video will be transmitted to the monitor display. 4. 5. 6. Insert the probe into the area to be inspected. Turn the probe outer knob to adjust the camera tip to the viewing angle needed. Turn the upper knob to increase or decrease the outer knob tension Direct version 1. Connect the probe to the monitor using the supplied patch cable. 2. Press and hold the Power buttons for 4 seconds to turn the probe and the monitor on 3. 4. 5. 6. Insert the probe into the area to be inspected. Turn the probe outer knob to adjust the camera tip to the viewing angle needed. Turn the upper knob to increase or decrease the outer knob tension In this mode, light intensity is controlled by the buttons on the monitor, not by the buttons on the transmitter. 6 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
The wireless transmitter is intended for use in areas that are difficult to access or in situations when is hard to maneuver the probe with the display attached. The probe can also be connected directly to the monitor using the patch cord. Note: The battery must be fully charged for wireless operation. A weak battery may result in meter shut down. Wireless Mode 1. 2. 3. 4. Connect the AC adaptor to the transmitter and charge the battery. Attach the probe to the transmitter. Press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds to turn the monitor on, then select “WIRELESS” under the INPUT SOURCE selection in the MENU screen. Press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds to turn the transmitter on. The camera video will be transmitter to the monitor display. Direct Mode 1. Connect the AC adaptor to the transmitter and charge the battery. 2. 3. 4. Attach the probe to the transmitter. Connect the patch cord between the transmitter and the monitor probe input connector 5. Press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds to turn the transmitter on. Press and hold the Power button for 4 seconds to turn the monitor on, then select “DIRECT” under the INPUT SOURCE selection in the MENU screen. 6. In the direct mode, light intensity is controled by the buttons on the monitor, not by the buttons on the transmitter. 7 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
1. Press the ▲ button to access the pictures or videos in memory. Each button press will step through the files with the file number appearing on the screen (i.e. IMG00005) 2. Pictures will appear with the photo icon on the display. 3. 4. Videos will appear with the film icon on the display. To play a video, select a video file and press the during playback. Press the appear. button. The button again to pause playback. The play icon will appear pause icon will
There are two methods to transfer stored files to a pc. 1. Remove the SD card from the monitor and insert it into the SD reader in the pc. 2. Connect the monitor to the pc with a USB cable. Images are saved in *.JPG format and videos saved in *.AVI format
1. Pr ess the ▲ button to access the pictures or videos in memory. 2. 3. When the file to be deleted appears, press the OK button and the DELETE YES/NO box will appear. Press the ▲ button to highlight YES and then press the OK button to delete the file. 4. Press the ESC button to exit at any time without deleteing the file.
1. Turn the monitor on and select “PAL” or “NTSC”, to match the video monitor to be used, under the VIDEO OUTPUT selection in the MENU screen and press OK. 2. Insert the video cable into the VIDEO OUT socket on the bottom of the monitor. Connect the other end of the cable into the VIDEO IN jack of a TV or other monitor. 3. The unit will output a high quality video image.
The HDV600 monitor has 2 factory default profiles (Default1 and Default2) and one User profile for Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Saturation camera settings. To access the Factory Default menu, follow this procedure. 1. 2. 3. 4. Press the OK button and using the arrow button navigate to Video Format. Press OK Highlight NTSC and press the Still camera button. Use the down arrow to select Default1 or Default2. The user can also adjust each video parameter manually for the best picture. Press the ESC button 2 times to return to the image view mode. 8 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
If the monitor becomes unresponsive due to an EMI field or other magnetic event, use a paper clip or other pointed object to press the RESET button located on the bottom panel
The rear stand can be set to three positions. Lower (stored), middle position for bench viewing and upper position for hanging.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1. This device may not cause harmful interference 2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
The charging circuit is designed only for the lithium battery included with the meter. The meter should be returned to one of our repair facilities for replacement. Non-approved lithium battery could cause damage to the instrument or hazard to the users. Safety: Please dispose of batteries responsibly; never dispose of batteries in a fire, batteries may explode or leak. If the meter is not to be used for 60 days or more, remove the battery and store separately. Never dispose of used batteries or rechargeable batteries in household waste. As consumers, users are legally required to take used batteries to appropriate collection sites, the retail store where the batteries were purchased, or wherever batteries are sold.
Do not dispose of this instrument in household waste. The user is obligated to take end-of life devices to a designated collection point for the disposal of electrical and electronic equipment. 9 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
LCD Screen Interface Recording medium Compression format Still image format Video Recording Format Video output Format Receiver Frequency Receiver Sensitivity Video System Data 14.5cm (5.7
”) Viewable 13.5cm (5.3”) Active matrix, 640x480 pixels Mini USB 1.1 and AV out SD Card MPGE4 JPEG (640x480) AVI (640x480) NTSC and PAL 2.4GHz -87dBm (SNR = 42dB, Fmod = 15kHz) NTSC / PAL Video / Audio Audio type Tripod mount Battery Power adaptor 100 to 240V input / 5VDC output Operating/Storage Temperature -10 to 60°C(14 to 140°F) / -40 to 80°C(-40 to 176°F) Operating Humidity (Max.) 80% Ingress protection Dimensions (W x D x H) Weight Stereo On rear, Accepts standard tripod screw 3.7V rechargeable Li-Polymer IP67 24.1 x 17.8 x 7.0cm ( 9.5’x7”x2.75”) 1474g (3.25lb)
Frequency Data Video System Battery Power adaptor Unobstructed Effective Range 2.4GHz Video / Audio NTSC / PAL 3.7V rechargeable Li-Polymer 100 to 240V input / 9VDC output 10m Operating/Storage Temperature -10 to 60°C(14 to 140°F) / -40 to 80°C(-40 to 176°F) Dimensions (W D H) 19 x 7 x 6.35cm ( 7.5’ x 2.75 x 2.5”) Weight (approx) 431g (0.95lb) 10 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18
Imaging Sensor Video Format Brightness Control Lamp Type Interface Ingress protection Operating Temperature CMOS NTSC Manual LED Composite Video IP67 -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
Articulation Accessories Part Number HDV-TX1 HDV-WTX1 HDV-TX2 HDV-WTX2 HDV-4CAM-1FM HDV-5CAM-1FM HDV-5CAM-3F HDV-5CAM-3FM HDV-5CAM-10F HDV-5CAM-1RM HDV-5CAM-3R HDV-5CAM-3RM HDV-25CAM-10G HDV-25CAM-30G 240°±20° manual tip articulation Mirror, magnet and anti-snag Ball (excluding 25mm diameter cables) Description Articulating Semi-Rigid Wireless Articulating Semi-Rigid Articulating Semi-Rigid Cable Wireless Articulating Semi-Rigid Macro lens Flexible Macro lens Flexible Long depth of field Flexible Macro lens Flexible Long depth of field Flexible Macro lens Semi-Rigid Long depth of field Semi-Rigid Macro lens Semi-Rigid Fiberglass Fiberglass OD 6mm 6mm 6mm 6mm 4mm 5.5mm 5.5mm 5.5mm 5.5mm 5.5mm 5.5mm 5.5mm 25mm 25mm Length 1m 1m 2m 2m 1m 1m 3m 3m 10m 1m 3m 3m 10m 30m Camera 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 320x240 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 640x480 Focus Distance 2 to 6cm 2 to 6cm 2 to 6cm 2 to 6cm 2 to 6cm 2 to 6cm 6 cm to ∞ 2 to 6cm 6 cm to ∞ 2 to 6cm 6 cm to ∞ 2 to 6cm 6 cm to ∞ 6 cm to ∞ Copyright © 2012-2018 FLIR Systems, Inc. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form
11 HDV600-en-GB_V3.0 1/18