KAM KHD2000 Instruction ManualAdd to my manuals
I N S T R U C T I O N M A N U A L
Rackmount dual USB media player
M A N U A L V E R S I O N 1 . 0
Plays audio from most USB sources e.g. memory stick, hard drive or MP3 player*
Each USB port can be assigned to Unit 1, Unit 2 or both
Play the same song from the same USB to both players
Compatible with NTFS/FAT/MAC file system formats with full Mp3 file support
Supports M3U/M3U-8, XML and WPL files for playlists
Easy-read iD3 display (title, album, artist)
Adjustable seamless loop / Program edit function
Pitch Bend / Pitch Range: ±8%, 16% / Master tempo / Manual BPM
Single auto cue / Continuous play
2U / 19 inch rackmount design
*USB source not included
For the latest instruction manual updates and information on the entire Kam range visit:
Kam products are manufactured by: Lamba plc , Unit 1, Southfields Road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom LU6 3EJ
Telephone: ( +44 ) ( 0 ) 1582 690600 • Fax: ( +44 ) ( 0 ) 1582 690400 • Email: [email protected]
• Web: www.lambaplc.com
Rackmount dual USB media player
Thank you for purchasing this product, we are sure that it will serve you for many years to come.
To optimise the performance of this product, please read these operating instructions carefully to familiarise yourself with the basic operations of this unit. This unit has been tested at the factory before being shipped to you. To prevent or reduce the risk of electrical shock or fire, do not expose this unit to high temperature and rain or moisture.
Unpacking and safety: Please unpack your new product carefully, your new product should reach you in perfect condition. Please check that no damage has occurred during transit. If any damage is found, do not operate your unit. Please contact the retailer you purchased it from immediately. If there is any damage to the mains cable do not use the device. Always disconnect the unit from the mains supply when carrying out any servicing or cleaning of the unit. Select the installation location of your unit carefully. Avoid placing it in direct sunlight or locations subject to vibration and excessive dust. Keep away from sources of hum such as transformers or motors. Do not use unit where there are extremes in temperature (below 41ºF / 5ºC or exceeding 95ºF / 35ºC).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
1. USB PORT Hook up a USB device to load the music. If using a hard drive, make sure that the unit is self powered as the USB power supply of the KHD2000 may be insufficient. The maximum current of each USB connection is 500mA. The USB ports support Mp3 format only.
2. SEARCH Press this button and use the jog wheel to perform playback, fast searching forwards or backwards.
Press and hold this button. Rotating the jog wheel will perform track skip whether in Play or Stop mode.
3. JOG WHEEL Use the jog wheel to adjust the tempo to beat match with another track. The jog wheel can also be used to trim the loop (longer or shorter). The jog wheel can also be used to skip through the song or find individual segments by going through frames. Combine the jog wheel with the Search knob to find a certain track.
4. TRACK/ENTER Use this button to select ports, folders, partitions, and songs. Turn to swap between each folder, partition or song. By default both players are set to read the center (primary) USB port. The left USB port is an additional port, to select, turn the Track/Enter knob. When you plug a flash drive into either port, keep pressing the
Track/Enter knob down go to select partitions, folders or tracks. When scrolling to the track you would like to play, press the knob to view the track information. Pressing Play/Pause will start the music.
Partition: Scroll through the selection to find which partition to use.
Folder: After selecting the partition, scroll through options to select the folder.
Track: When selecting a folder, scroll to find a certain track you would like to play.
Pressing the Back button will return to the previous setting.
5. DISPLAY When performing specific functions, it will show on the display.
6. MODE Press the Mode button to select multiple functions; SINGLE/CONTINUE: Select this function for single and continuous play. SINGLE plays one track at a time, stopping at the end of the track. CONTINOUS play is when the unit is set to play all tracks continuously. TIME there are two functions under time, ELAPSED and REMAIN. ELAPSED shows how much time has passed. REMAIN shows the time that is left. SCAN search the playlists saved in the attached flash drive. In order to select tracks for the playlist, scroll to the track and hold down the TRACK/ENTER knob to put the track into the play list. Remember that when making playlists on your computer, you should make
sure the songs are also on to the USB storage device. Save the playlist in root. FADER select the type of switch in the mixer for FADER START wire remote control. TITLE press this button to show TITLE, ALBUM, or ARTIST.
7. PROG The maximum number of tracks which you can edit are 99.
1. Press and hold TRACK/ENTER to set a program list in either Play or in Pause mode. When the music is in Play, press BACK to select the track in this folder. To go to another folder, press BACK again to browse to it.
2. Press PROGRAM and then press TRACK/ENTER to let the program list ready to play.
3. Press Play/Pause to start the program playback.
4. Press and hold the Program button can delete the program list.
a. Under program playback, deleting the program list will jump to the USB port selection.
b. Under normal playback, deleting the program list will not affect the music playing.
If no program list exists, pressing PROGRAM will show “empty”.
When this function is on, they key of the song is locked even if the pitch fader is adjusted.
9. PITCH BEND (+/-) Press “+” to increase the speed. Press “–” to decrease the speed.
10. PITCH (8%, 16%) The pitch range can switch between 8% and 16%. The function can also be turned off by pressing the button so the LED does not light up.
11. PITCH CONTROL SLIDER To match the beat of another track, move the slider up and down to change the speed. The range of the pitch control slider can also be changed by pressing the PITCH button.
12. CUE When in PAUSE mode, press the CUE button to set the CUE point (after pressing this button to set the new cue point, the stutter will be eliminated). When in PLAY mode, press this button to pause the music at the memorized point. Also under PLAY mode, press and hold this button to play from the memorised point. Once released, the playback will pause and return to the memorised point.
13. BACK This function allows you to go back to the previous setting that was entered. When the track is in play, pressing BACK will not interrupt the music. This is for browsing and selecting other track, folder and partition. In this mode, you can check the next track you would like to play or make the program list. For viewing the current track information, press it for 3 seconds.
14. PLAY/PAUSE Pressing this button will play the music and pressing it again will pause the music.
15. SEAMLESS LOOP (A, B/EDIT, RELOOP/EXIT, AUTO LOOP)
1. A lights up after setting a start point. Press button B/EDIT for an endpoint, the loop playback starts automatically. To exit the loop, press the RELOOP/EXIT button. RELOOP goes back to the previous loop setting or exits the setting.
2. During loop playback, press B/EDIT again to enter loop-trimming mode. Use the jog wheel to lengthen or shorten the loop.
3. The AUTO LOOP function can set a loop with many beat ranges. Press this knob to get the auto loop ready.
Setting A can form a loop according to the preset beat range. Also, press and hold AUTO LOOP, scroll the
TRACK/ENTER to enlarge or shorten the loop length when the loop playback is going.
4. When forming a manual loop, press and hold AUTO LOOP and turn TRACK/ENTER to change the loop length.
When presetting the beat range for Auto Loop, the display will show the beat number.
When the loop in play and using wheel or Track/Enter to trim the beat length, the display shows loop with arrow sign to indicate the length is enlarged or decreased.
16. TAP and AUTO BPM Pressing this button in time with the beat will match the BPM (beats per minute) of the music. Pressing and holding the button will switch between auto BPM and manual BPM.
17. POWER ON/OFF This turns the unit on and pressing it again turns the unit off.
18. RELAY Press the RELAY button to activate. When one source is in PLAY mode and the other is in PAUSE mode and the playing unit is paused the other unit will automatically start to play.
19 20 21 20 21
19. POWER CONNECTION Plug the attached 9V 1.5A adaptor into this connector and an AC wall outlet.
20. LINE OUT (RCA jacks) The analogue audio from each player is output from these jacks. Connect to the line input of a mixer.
21. FADER START
LCD iD3 display
TOTAL TRACK The number of tracks, folders and partitions.
The unit is in play.
|| The unit is paused.
CUE Lights when a memorised point is set.
SINGLE (Auto CUE) Shows when the unit is set to play only one track.
CONTINUE Shows when the unit is set to play the all tracks continuously.
TIME MODE (ELAPSED) Shows the time as it is taking place.
TIME MODE (REMAIN) Shows how much time is left on a particular track.
PITCH Can be alternated between 8% and 16% to change the range of the pitch.
TRACK Shows what track number the unit is currently playing.
PROG Lights up when playing the program.
MT Lights up when key has been locked.
RELOOP The light is on when performing the loop function.
AUTO BMP Shows the BPM of the track playing and automatically finds the BPM.
Laser Diode Properties -
Wavelength: 755-815 nm (25ºC)
Laser Output: continuous Wave max. 0.5mW
Pitch bend maximum: +/-16%
Search: via jog wheel
Display: Elapsed time/Remain time
Modes: Normal/Single Auto CUE/Continue
Pitch range: ±8%,±16%(±0.1%/scale)
Playlist support: M3U/M3U-8, XML (iTunes), WPL. Playlist read and write in FAT format only
Display/iD3: File name/Folder name/ID Tags - Title, Album, Artist
File support: MPEG1/2 layer3 (VBR/CBR) File bit rate = 32~320Kbps / 40~160Kbps
File system format support: NTFS/FAT/MAC
D ue to continuous product development, specifications and appearance are subject to change.
If this product is ever no longer functional please it take to a recycling plant for environmentally friendly disposal.
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project