Radio Systems INTERCOM Card Wiring Instructions
(Program J1 thru J4)
Jump left pins
Jump right pins
These pre-made factory
cables included with
the squawk box card
(To J36 & J37 on
the Output Bd.)
1 Squawk Ctl
Squawk Box Control
(To J1 on the Output Bd.)
1 TB Out
Table Top Speaker
Talkback Output Level
Talkback Input Level
Table Top Speaker
Console Intercom 1 +
Console Intercom 1 Shield
Table Top Speaker 1 Hot
Table Top Speaker 1 Switched
Console Intercom 2 +
Console Intercom 2 Shield
Table Top Speaker 2 Hot
Table Top Speaker 2 Switched
patch point inputs
Table Top Speaker 4 Switched Analog Console:
From host's mic
Table Top Speaker 4 Hot
on 6 input board
Console Intercom 4 From designated Utility
Console Intercom 4 +
Table Top Speaker 3 Switched
Table Top Speaker 3 Hot
Console Intercom 3 It is recommended that:
Console Intercom 3 +
Digital Console Output Board:
Analog Console Logic Board:
(connector J44 for buttons 5-8 control)
(connector J3 for buttons 5-8 control)
(connector J40 for buttons 1-4 control)
5 (Cue In)
TB In +
(connector J4 for buttons 1-4 control)
1a . Analog Console: Connect operators mic loop thru point (or other line level source) to output
board talk-back input (J37 pins 1 & 2).
(Channel 1/Input A) be wired to
this input. In an analog console
the loop-thru audio from channel
1A is utilized. In a digital console
Utility 1, programmed for
pre-fader and pre ON/OFF from
channel 1A is utilized.
When factory installed. the
above has been pre-wired.
1b. Digital Console: Connect Utility output (typically with operator’s mic prefader pre on-off assigned, or other line-level source) to output
board talkback input (J37 pins 1&2)
2. Connect provided patch cables from INTERCOM card to output board (control cable from INTERCOM card J1 to console connector J1
and the audio cable from INTERCOM card J2 to console conenctors J36 & J37).
3. Analog Console only: Install provided cables to connect J3 (talkback control) and J4 (logic board). However, a factory tech. note is
available for field modification for single unit (no logic board required) operation.
4. The INTERCOM card has 4 identical I/0 Sections. Each can host either a table-top speaker or another console that has been fitted with
an intercom card.
5. Connect speakers to terminals labeled "table-top speaker hot" and "table-top speaker switched" (1-4). Use shielded cable. Consult
interconnection diagram on next page for hook-up. Select table-top speaker on console selector buttons for hands-free mode. Table-top
speakers can "call" the console via call button.
6. Connect up to four console intercoms to terminals labeled "console intercom +" and "console intercom -". Consoles must select each
other to establish a push-to-talk pathway.
7. A maximum of four stations (any combination of table-top and console units) may be connected.
8. Note: J1 thru J4 must be programmed to select a console or table-top speaker for each channel.
Use the four plastic stand-offs provided to mount the board on the inside rear console wall near the associated connectors. Wire with supplied
harness cables. Install provided cables to connect J2 (audio in and out), J3 (talkback control) and J4 (Analog Console only; logic board).
Radio Systems, Inc.
601 Heron Drive
Logan Twp, NJ 08085