e tirol.f.anf2015 web

Tyrol for
A guide for immigrants towards a better understanding
of the general social environment in Tyrol
Tirol für AnfängerInnen · Englische Ausgabe
An info booklet by
JUFF – Integrationsreferat des Landes Tirol
(Integration Department of the State of Tyrol)
A warm welcome to Tyrol!
Integration WITH immigrants in Tyrol
1. Interesting facts about Austria
2. Settlement and Residency
3. Naturalization
4. Work
5. Housing
6. German Courses
7. Education
8. Health
9. Family
10. Information – support – help
11. Leisure, culture, sport
12. Adress list
Corporate Information:
Owner, editor, publisher: Office of the Government of Tyrol. Integration Department
Responsibility for content: HRin Dr. Waltraud Fuchs-Mair. Editor: Mag. Johann Gstir (Integration Department),
Mag.a Eulamie Esclamada, Mag.a Julia Abermann, Mag.a Veronika Bayala, Mag.a Manuela Weiler, Mag.a Esra Pinar Etakpofe,
Hans Jakob Hergesell.
Information: Integration Department of the State of Tyrol, Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · 6020 Innsbruck · Tel. +43 (0)512/ 508-2858
Fax +43 (0) 512 / 508-35 65 · E-Mail: juff.integration@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/integration
Coverdesign and layout: Birgit Raitmayr | pixlerei.at Innsbruck · Photos interior part: Circus · 4th Edition 01-2015
Where can I get a residence permit? Where can I find a nursery place for my child?
What schools are there? What phone number can I dial in emergency? Where can I
learn the German? Where can I apply for, if there are problems in my family?
Not all men and women, who have immigrated to the Tyrol, know answers to these
and many other questions. First, they should find themselves and look about. Therefore, at the following pages we reply many questions which arise in the everyday
This “Guidebook” should help to immigrants to orient themselves here. It should
contribute to their meetings with other people, facilitate participation in the social
life and, thus, increase chances of a positive integration process.
It is impossible to explain everything in the short text. Therefore, in all subject domains we have also collected addresses of the most important consulting centres,
where one can get additional information and this one specially tailored for personal requirements and needs.
We hope to provide the immigrants with a hand book which will help them to overcome faster their initial problems. At the same time, this is a sign of our greeting as
Christine Baur, Regional Adviser for Integration and Social Issues,
and the Tyrol Integration Department team
Again and again in the integration WITH immigrants programme we are faced with
lack of knowledge of the system on the part of migrants. Very often this causes
enormous problems for this group for example if it concerns questions of health or
the education of their children. But it is almost always a limiting factor in integration
into our society.
In compiling this guide for immigrants, we have tried to anticipate and answer
the fundamental questions of “newcomers” to our society. But a lot of this information is certainly also useful for immigrants who have been living here for some
time because they are often not familiar with the formal and informal rules of our
society in all areas of life. At the same time we wanted this to stimulate debate with
the new home country of Tyrol or Austria. Our “Signpost” can by no means answer
all questions; the demands of finding one’s way about within a new society are too
many and varied and the space in a small booklet too small. Neither do we want to
do the work of the many information centres that can give much more extensive
assistance with their facilities. The aim is that, by reading our booklet, a basic understanding of the way Tyrolean society works can be obtained.
I would like to thank the Local Authority Office of the town of Vienna and the
Integration Centre of the Deaconry Refugee Service of St. Pölten on whose experiences we have been able to draw. The contents of this brochure have been prepared
with great care. However, we do not assume any guarantees for errors or deviations
e.g. due to changes in laws.
For the editorial department
Mag. Johann Gstir, Head of the Integration Department of the State of Tyrol
The Integration Department
of the State of Tyrol
The Integration Department of the State of Tyrol is a part of the Tyrolean regional government office. It is working
towards promotion of the Integration
WITH Immigrants programme into our
Among other things it wishes to
aa create awareness among the domestic
population and the immigrants of the
logic and necessity of integration.
aa to be aware of legal and emotional
barriers against integration and work
(together) towards their removal.
aa coordinate and promote the many and
varied projects and initiatives towards
integration in Tyrol.
It is essential to work together with the
various people and institutions in Tyrol
that deal with the topic of integration –
administration, local authorities, institutions, organizations, initiatives and
The Integration Department is also
an agency of the Integration Advisory
Board that advises the regional government particularly Gerhard Reheis as
member of the government responsible
in matters of integration.
Nichts ist so, wie es scheint:
Auf den ersten Blick ein
Halbmond, auf den zweiten
ein Stück Brot. Aber welches
Brot? Ein Fladenbrot? Und wer
hat es geteilt? Das sind die Fragen.
Antworten bekommt nur, wer öfter als
einmal hinschaut.
The integration programme “Integration WITH Immigrants in Tyrol”
Tyrol has developed a good plan for the
important future task of integration.
Specialists from the most varied sectors
of society have contributed to it as have
also representatives from regions and
local authorities, locals and immigrants.
This “Integration WITH Immigrants in
Tyrol” programme is based on a wholesociety understanding of integration
that is aimed at the inclusion and integration of all inhabitants of the state
and at their equal right to participate at
a social, structural and cultural level. So
integration touches all areas of the life
of the society – work, education, politics,
administration, housing, health, religion,
sport, culture, etc.
Three basic principles are to guide
integration policy in Tyrol:
Integration means living with diversity
Tyrol offers the people living here a home
in which they experience respect for different ways of life and appreciation of
social and cultural diversity.
In a modern, diverse society we have
to ask ourselves how we can redefine
the valuable concept of home country
and allow immigrants to have a share
in it. This includes respect and appreciation of different ways of life and also
of various cultural backgrounds and religious convictions. With integration it
is not a matter of standardization but
of reconciling diversity and difference.
That demands from all participants that
they are prepared to be responsive to
each other. The boundaries of our legal
system and human rights are not challenged by this.
Integration means using potential
Equal opportunity and a fair access to
society’s resources are the prerequisites
for the optimum development of human
potential and the participation in community and political life.
Immigrants can contribute much to
a good development of our society by
their multilingualism and their knowledge of various cultures. But we must
develop this potential together by offering them and their children equal opportunities to develop their talents and
capabilities. For this to happen we must
remove existing discriminations (structures, prejudices…), on the other hand
immigrants must seize the opportunities – for example by a good education
for their children.
Finally immigrants can and should
play a more active part in our society.
Tyrol’s integration policy wants to
enable, promote and challenge.
Integration means constructing the
All people and all private and public institutions assume responsibility in this communal and ongoing process of integration
and play a part according to their resources in the most varied sectors of society.
Integration concerns us all – individuals and institutions, locals and
immigrants. We are all called upon to
make our contribution for this important issue for the future of our society.
Everywhere people meet, integration
happens – or fails, with negative consequences for us all.
Integration is furthermore an ongoing
task – our society is constantly changing, there will always be immigration, diversity is the norm. The essential
things are reciprocal interest in each
other and the effort to understand what
moves others and what is happening in
the State.
More than 40 proposals for action will
make sure that the Tyrolean integration
plan becomes a reality in the next few
years and moves the work of integration forwards.
You can find more information about Tyrolean integration policy and the integration programme on:
Dieses Tier entstand im
Sommer 1903, als der
Senner Alois B. ein Kamel
schnitzte, obwohl er noch
nie eines gesehen hatte –
eine Kuh m it Höckern:
Was sich die Leute alles
wenn sie keine Ahnung haben …
1.1. General information
N a t i o n a l h o l i d a y : 1. Ma<
O f f i c i a l l a n g u a g e : German. In the
federal states of Carinthia, Burgenland
and Styria, Slovene and Croatian are
also accepted.
C u r r e n c y : Euro
C l i m a t e : central European transitional climate
C a p i t a l : Vienna
F o r m o f g o v e r n m e n t : Parliamentary democracy
A r e a : 83.853,3 km²
N u m b e r o f i n h a b i t a n t s : 8,23
million (2005) 1
Po p u l a t i o n d e n s i t y : 99 inhabitants per km² 2
R e l i g i o n : 73,6% Roman Catholic,
4,7% Protestant, 4,2% Muslim, 12%
E c o n o m y : Very strongly characterized by service sector (esp. tourism)
L a n d s c a p e : ca. 60% mountainous.
G r o s s n a t i o n a l p r o d u c t (G N P ) :
245,1 billion € (2005); 29.770 €/inhabitants 3
N a t i o n a l D a y : 26. October
Federal states and capitals:
Source: Federal Chancellery of the Republic of Austria. „Österreich konkret – Zahlen & Fakten“ (2005), S. 11.
1 Source: Statistik Austria – Statistisches Jahrbuch 2007 [Official statistics on Austria], P. 40.
2 Source: Statistik Austria – Statistisches Jahrbuch 2007 [Official statistics on Austria], P. 43.
3 Source: Statistik Austria – Statistisches Jahrbuch 2007 [Official statistics on Austria], P. 304f.
1.2. Politics
1.4. Religion
H e a d o f S t a t e : Federal President
who is elected for 6 years directly by the
73.6% of the population belong to the
Roman Catholic Church and 4.7% to
one of the Protestant churches. Around
339 000 embrace various Muslim denominations i.e. approx. 4.2% of the population. About 180 000 Christians are
members of Orthodox churches. About
8 140 people are of the Jewish faith.
(Census 2001); according to the Jewish
(religious) Community in Vienna there
are actually 15 000. A little over 10 000
people embrace Buddhism that was recognized as a religious group in 1983.
About 12% of the population do not
belong to any of the religious groups
recognized in Austria. 4
H e a d o f g o v e r n m e n t : Federal
S y s t e m : democratic republic, representative democracy
P a r l i a m e n t : National Assembly with
183 members that is elected every 4 years and the Federal Assembly with 62
members that is elected by the State
Parliaments. Austria is a federal republic.
The nine federal states each have a state
parliament and a state government.
1.5. Bank Holidays
1.3. Culture
Austria is well known for its cultural
past and present. The nation of culture
brings its tradition to the most diverse
areas. Beautiful architecture, palaces
and castles recall the pomp and grandeur of a bygone age. Austria still today
draws interested people from all over
the world with its choice of exhibitions,
theatres, cabarets and concerts. Large
and small festivals and the love of Austrians for tradition and custom make life
here colourful and varied.
1. January - New Year, 6th January –
Epiphany, end of March/beginning of
April – Good Friday, Easter Day and
Easter Monday, 1st May – national holiday, end of May/beginning of June
– Ascension Day, Whit Sunday and
Whit Monday, middle of June – Corpus Christi, 15th August – Assumption,
26th October – National Day, 1st November – All Saints’ Day, 8th December – Immaculate Conception, 24th
December – Christmas Eve, 25th December Christmas Day, 26th December – St. Stephen’s Day.
The exact dates of the national holidays of the most common denominations
can be read in the annually published in-
4 Source: Statistik Austria – Statistisches Jahrbuch 2007 [Official statistics on Austria], (Data from census 2001), P. 54.
tegration calendar (issued by the Integration Department of the State of Tyrol).
1.6. Interesting facts about Tyrol
Tyrol has been inhabited for centuries
and therefore has a long history and tradition. Formerly the people lived primarily from agriculture. It has been possible to show that mining took place from
very early on (as far back as 4000 BC).
Since 1363 Tyrol has belonged to Austria. Innsbruck is the state capital and its
landmark is the “Goldene Dachl [Golden
roof]”. On the basis of the beautiful scenery, characterized by mountains and
valleys and the good sports facilities
Tyrol is a favourite holiday destination.
Innsbruck has twice been the venue of
the Winter Olympics (1964 and 1976).
Tyrol has just under 700 000 inhabitants.
About 120 000 people live in the state capital Innsbruck that considers itself to be
a sport, cultural and university town. At
the end of 2005 a total of 71 211 people
lived in Tyrol who did not have Austrian
nationality. That corresponds to approximately 10.2% of the resident population
(697 435). The largest group of migrants
comes from Germany, followed by the
former Yugoslavia and Turkey. 5
Tyrol has a state governor, a state
government and a state assembly (36
members) that is elected every 5 years. Tyrol is divided into nine districts
(Bezirke): Innsbruck, Innsbruck-Land,
Schwaz, Kufstein Kitzbühel, Imst, Landeck, Reutte, Lienz. Each district has a
district governor who is responsible for
district affairs.
5 Source: Landesstatistik Tirol - Tirol Daten 2006 [Official Statistics on Tyrol] (“Tirol-Folder“), P. 2.
2. SETTLEMENT AND RESIDENCY (Legal situation w.e.f. 01.01.2014)
2.1. Entry, residency and settlement
– Authorities in charge
2.2. Possibilities of residency and settlement in Austria
At the first level, responsibility for all
matters regarding residency rests with
the district administrative authorities
(Bezirkshauptmannschaften or City
Magistrate/Stadtmagistrat) – with the
exception of residency on humanitarian
grounds (the Federal Agency for Immigration and Asylum is the authority to
approach in this case).
These authorities are responsible for documenting the community residency and
settlement legislation for European Economic Area (EEA) citizens (nationals of
EU member states, Norway, Iceland and
Liechtenstein) and Swiss nationals in the
form of a registration certificate (Anmeldebescheinigung) or residence card
(Aufenthaltskarte). They issue and extend residence titles (Aufenthalts­titel)
for third-state nationals (= non-EEA or
Swiss nationals) for stays that are expected to exceed six months. The documentation of the residency and settlement of
EEA citizens/Swiss nationals and issuance
of residence titles is set out in the Settlement and Residency Act (Niederlassungs- und Auf­enthaltsgesetz; NAG),
while the issuance of visas for short-term
stays not exceeding 6 months is governed by the Alien‘s Police Act (Fremdenpolizeigesetz; FPG). Applications for
visas and initial applications for residence
titles must normally be submitted abroad
in person, while applications for extension to residence titles must be submitted to the local authority in Austria.
EEA and Swiss nationals, as well as
their dependants (even if they are thirdstate nationals), have the right to residency and settlement due to community regulations. EEA nationals / Swiss
nationals wishing to stay in Austria for
more than 3 months must apply for a
registration certificate (Anmeldebescheinigung) at the local authority within
4 months of entry into Austria. To obtain a
registration certificate, they must submit
proof of identity, proof of health cover
and secure means of subsistence. Dependants from third states wishing to join
the EU citizen(s) will receive a residence
card (Aufenthaltskarte) that is valid for 5
years; a permanent residency card (Daueraufenthaltskarte) can subsequently be
issued upon request.
Third-country nationals can apply for
the following residence titles: Residence
titles in the form of temporary residence
permits are issued for a variety of purposes for temporary stays that will nevertheless exceed 6 months (for example,
university students and scientists). With
regard to immigration or settlement in
Austria, i.e. for a longer-term or permanent stay in Austria, residence titles are
issued for various purposes in the form of
a settlement permit (Niederlassungsbewilligung), and also additional residence titles in the form of a Red-WhiteRed Card or a Red-White-Red Card plus
since 1 July 2011. Settlement and tem-
limited stay
EFA and
Swiss nationals
(stays exceeding
3 months)
R e s
Temporary residence permits
family dependant
Permanent residence
in the EU
e.g. Red-White-Red
Card (3 pillar system)
Permanent residence
family dependants
Residence card
(for family dependants)
e.g. EU Blue Card
(EU mobility)
porary residence permits are generally
subject to quotas, i.e. are only available
in limited quantities. Following a fiveyear period of legal and uninterrupted
settlement in Austria – and provided
that the general award requirements are
met – fulfilment of Module 2 of the integration agreement (German knowledge
at B1 level) permanent residence in the
EU can be awarded. This status confers
an entitlement to permanent and unrestricted residency in Austria.
This status confers an entitlement to
permanent and unrestricted residency in
Austria. Third state nationals wishing to
reside in Austria for tourism purposes or to
earn an income (seasonal and harvest workers) for a maximum of 6 months generally
require a visa, which must be applied for
at an Austrian representation (embassies,
consulate). A travel visa (C Visa) would be
issued in the first case, and a residence visa
(D Visa) in the second case.
aa All third state nationals must provide
proof of elementary knowledge of
the German language at the A1 level
when they first apply for settlement
in Austria prior to entry. However, exceptions may apply. In general, only
confirmation provided by a testing institution recognised by the Austrian
Integration Fund (Österreichischer
Integrationsfonds; ÖIF) will be ac­
cepted. For more information, please
contact the ÖIF. At the authority’s
request, confirmation that is not prepared in German must be submitted
with a German translation or in a notarised form. The Language Diploma
(Sprachdiplom) or course report card
may not be older than one year at the
time of submission.
aa The cost for a residence title is currently EUR 100.00. A personalisation
fee will also apply in the event that
additional identification services are
2.3. Frequently asked questions
regarding residency – settlement –
integration agreement
2.3.1. I would like my family to join me
Subsequent family immigration of
third state nationals
Subsequent family immigration is limited
to the immediate family (Kernfamilie).
That includes the spouse or registered
partner (must be 21 years of age) as well
as unmarried children under 18 years of
age, including adopted and step-children. Subsequent family immigration is
generally subject to a quota.
Dependants of Austrian citizens
This type of immigration is not subject
to a quota. The immediate family is
issued with a residence title “Family
member” (Aufenthaltstitel Familienangehöriger), if they fulfil the general
issuing conditions. Other dependants
of Austrian citizens who do not belong to
the immediate family, such as parents,
children over 18 years of age, grandparents or life partners, will receive a „settlement permit – dependent“ (Niederlassungsbewilligung – Angehöriger),
if they fulfil the general conditions and
the Austrian citizen bringing them into
the country provides a declaration of
responsibility (mandatory). However,
this type of authorization excludes paid
Dependants of EEA and Swiss citizens
with right to freedom of movement
For dependants of EEA citizens, a distinction must be made whether they
are themselves EEA citizens or thirdcountry nationals. Swiss nationals are
treated in the same way as EEA citizens.
Dependants of EEA citizens/Swiss
nationals who are third-state nationals are authorized to settle in Austria.
Close family members joining the EEA
national will receive a residence card
issued for 5 years. A quota-free “settlement permit – family member“ (Niederlassungsbewilligung – Angehöriger)
can be issued to other family members
(e.g. life partner) if they meet the general conditions for issuance. A permanent residency card (Daueraufenthaltskarte) can be applied for after 5 years.
2.3.2. I would like to have my
residence title extended
Important! A residence title can be extended at the earliest 3 months prior to
its expiry date, and you must submit the
application in a timely manner before
the expiry date. Applications submitted
after the expiry date of the residence
title are considered initial applications
and you will be required to submit the
application to the Austrian representation abroad that has quota space etc.
2.3.3. When will I get an unlimited
residence title?
2.3.4. How do I change
the purpose of my residence?
If you have been entitled to settle in
Austria without interruption during the
last five years, and you have fulfilled
the requirements of Module 2 of the
integration agreement, you can apply for the residence title Permanent
residence in the EU. Whilst the right to
residence is unlimited in this case, the
card must be renewed every 5 years. In
the event of renewal, no arrangements
are made for the re-examination of
award requirements. A lack of prerequisites (no income, no accommodations,
no health insurance etc.) will not have
any legal consequences. At this point, a
downgrade, refusal of residency or expulsion can only take place on account
of certain criminal acts! In general, it is
important to note that residency will already be considered entrenched after
5 years of legal residency; this status
guarantees better residency protection, regardless of whether a residence
title Permanent residence in the EU
has been awarded! However, it is recommended that you seek legal advice
in the case of foreseeable difficulties.
If you are absent from the EEA for
more than 12 months, it is possible that
your right to residency and settlement
will lapse. In such a case, please contact
the authority or legal advisor in advance.
During the validity of your residence title
you can make an application for a change
of purpose from within the country. If you
fulfil the requirements, you will receive
the residence title you have applied for;
however, if you do not fulfil the requirements, you will not receive the requested
residence title but the refusal will not affect your existing right of residence.
2.3.5. What is the
integration agreement?
The objective of the integration agreement is to help third state nationals
wishing to settle in Austria obtain sound
German-language skills from the beginning. It aims to enable them to participate in society and the country’s
economic and cultural life. The integration agreement consists of an obligatory
Module 1 (knowledge of German at the
A2 level), which must be fulfilled within
2 years. If proof of A2 knowledge can already be provided after 18 months, and
a German integration course has been
completed, a portion of the costs for the
course may be reimbursed by the federal government under certain conditions
(see 6.2.1. below Federal Government –
Integration Agreement).
B1 level language skills (Module 2 of
the integration agreement) are necessary to obtain an unlimited residence
title “Permanent residency in the EU“
or and Austrian citizenship. Please contact the settlement authority in charge
to obtain information on where and
when you have to provide evidence of
completion of the integration agreement, and whether you qualify for a
federal government subsidy.
agreement. Some exceptions apply.
Please contact the settlement authority in charge.
Third-country nationals who signed the
integration agreement before 1 July
2011 and who have still not fulfilled Module 1 (under the then current legal position on literacy requirements), must
fulfil the integration agreement by 30
June 2014 at the latest (or within five
years from the beginning of the requirement for its fulfilment if this period
expires before 30 June 2014), even if the
original fulfilment period had been longer. Attention is drawn to the fact that,
because the course for Module 1 ended
on 30. 12.2012, only Module 2 can now
be fulfilled (under the then current legal
position on Level-A2).
With the issue or renewal of a residence
title, you commit to fulfil the integration agreement within 2 years. If you are
unable to fulfil the integration agreement for any reason, please contact
the authority without delay to make a
justified application for postponement.
Otherwise you may be subject to administrative penalties and might lose
your right of residence.
If the integration agreement was made
after 1 July 2011, the previous regulation, that the integration agreement
must be fulfilled within 5 years, shall no
longer apply. The integration agreement
must now be fulfilled within 2 years.
2.3.6. Do I have to fulfil the
integration agreement?
In principle, all third-country nationals are required to fulfil the integration
2.3.7. What happens if I do not fulfil
the integration agreement?
It is not sufficient to merely submit proof
of having passed an examination for
German, but that you are actually learning to speak German sufficiently well!
The authority is entitled to verify your
language skills: If you do not have the
required knowledge – despite the fact
that you have a certificate– the authority may make an official ruling that you
did not fulfil the integration agreement.
District Administrative Authority
Bezirkshauptmannschaft (BH),
P. 60
Innsbruck City Authorities (Stadtmagistrat), Residency Department,
P. 95
Tyrolean Centre for Female Migrants
(ZeMiT), P. 102
Helpful internet links:
www.help.gv.at (Federal Government
information page)
(Tyrol Bar Association)
(Integration of refugees)
www.deserteursberatung.at (Deserters and refugees advisory service,
Vienna; advice on legal immigration
and asylum issues)
(anti-racism movement)
Austrian citizenship is acquired by parentage or by award. Citizenship may also
be extended to the spouse or registered
partner and children under certain conditions and by way of the corresponding
application. During the evaluation procedure for the awarding of citizenship,
the authority verifies that the applicant
meets the legal criteria:
General naturalization requirements
aa Proof of legal and uninterrupted residency in Austria - generally 10 years,
in some cases after 6 years (e.g. persons entitled to asylum, EEA nationals, spouses or registered partners of
Austrian citizens, those born in Austria and those who are particularly
well integrated)
aa Clean conduct (no court convictions,
pending criminal proceedings, serious administrative offences)
aa Sufficiently assured means of support; within a period of 36 months
out of the last six years before the
application, no drawing of minimum
benefit within these 36 months
aa Renunciation of current citizenship
aa Proof of knowledge of Austria’s democratic order (and the basic principles
which can be inferred from these) and
history as well as the history of Tyrol
(you will receive a folder containing
information about important Austrian and Tyrolean events and facts to
prepare for the relevant test).
aa Proof of knowledge of German (at B1
A general overview regarding the procedure is outlined below. Further detail cannot be provided due to the large number
of special provisions. Please contact your
personal advisor at the Citizenship Department for more information.
aa No pending procedure to terminate
residency, no pending deportation order, no legally valid ban on residency,
no deportation order by another EEA
country or Switzerland and no entry
prohibition associated with a deportation order, and no issue of a deportation order in the last 18 months
Application and investigations
After an initial interview and the application, the Citizenship Department carries out the appropriate investigation
via the District Authority (or City Magistrate in the case of Innsbruck) and the
Tyrolean Regional Police Authority).
aa Positive attitude towards the Republic of Austria and commitment to the
basic values of a European democratic state and its society
After completion of the investigations
and a positive evaluation, the applicant
is assured of the award of citizenship by
way of a formal notification, provided
he or she renounces his/her current
citizenship within 2 years. Citizenship
can only be awarded once the applicant
provides proof that he or she has renounced the current citizenship or has
obtained permission to do so, and following possible subsequent investigations by the authorities.
Costs and award
The exact costs depend on the circumstances of the award and on the number of persons seeking an award or an
extension. These must be paid at the
end of the process.
Citizenship is awarded as part of a ceremony (presentation of certificate and
citizenship oath).
As some states, among them Turkey,
only agree to a renunciation of citizenship after the conferment of a new citizenship, such cases of renunciation of
former citizenship are subject to particular monitoring by the the Department via a “renunciation list” (Entlassungsliste). If the former citizenship is
not renounced within 2 years of obtaining Austrian citizenship, Austrian citizenship must be withdrawn by way of
Dual citizenship and loss of Austrian
Dual citizenship is not normally possible. The former citizenship may not be
re-adopted once Austrian citizenship
has been awarded. In this case, Austrian citizenship would be automatically withdrawn. The same applies if
citizenship of another foreign country
is acquired.
Important! The initial interview, which
provides extensive information and
advice, is considered absolutely necessary! Please arrange a date for this initial interview by phone!
Citizenship Department of the State
of Tyrol (Abteilung Staatsbürgerschaft des Landes Tirol) P. 56
Government assistance website:
The dependent employment of foreign nationals is regulated by the A c t
G o v e r n i n g E m p l o y m e n t o f F o reigners (Ausländerbeschäftig u n g s g e s e t z o r A u s l B G ) . This
also includes employee-like employment, such as freelance contracts.
Generally excluded from the AuslBG
are recognised refugees, persons entitled to protection (subsidiary), EEA
citizens and Swiss nationals on par with
same and their dependants, foreign correspondents, researchers, religious professions, persons in diplomatic service.
Freedom of trade in the labour market
according to the AuslBG applies to third
state dependants with a residence title
permanent residence in the EU, family
dependant, permanent residence for
family dependants, with a settlement
permit – unlimited, a Red-White-Red
Card plus or a settlement certificate
(old legal situation).
Key personnel (Section 12 AuslBG) &
Red-White-Red Card As of 1 July 2011,
key personnel may commence work in
Austria without a quota: Highly-qualified
staff, experts in professions with shortages, other key personnel, university graduates and those entitled to an EU Blue
Card (Blaue Karte EU). The AMS (Public
Employment Service) in Vienna is the cen­
tral contact point and inspection authority for all applications from abroad. The
process takes approximately 8 weeks.
Qualifications are verified according
to a criteria catalogue (education, age,
professional experience, German language skills etc.) using a point system.
Professions where shortages exist are
defined by decree, whereby the first decree is expected to be issued no earlier
than May 2012. If you have completed
university studies in Austria, you can
also access the labour market without
the point system. However, the employment must be commensurate with
your education. You only require proof
of an employment contract, whereby
the salary/wage paid by the company
must exceed a certain minimum (45%
of maximum assessment basis, currently EUR 1,890.00 gross).
A Red-White-Red Card for 12 months is
issued to key personnel committed to a
specific employer. If you were employed
10 months following your qualification,
you are entitled to a Red-White-Red
Card plus, which gives you unlimited
access to Austria‘s labour market.
Third state dependants with a temporary residence permit or limited settlement permit generally require a permit
pursuant to the AuslBG (note exceptions!). To this end, the AuslBG provides
for an e m p l o y m e n t p e r m i t ( B e schäftigungsbewilligung), a
work p ermit (Arbeitserlaubnis)
and a C e r t i f i c a t e o f E x e m p t i o n
( B e f r e i u n g s s c h e i n ) . The responsibility for awarding these permits rests
with the department for foreign employment at the responsible RGS (regional business office) of AMS Tyrol.
Important! According to the association
agreement between the EU and Turkey,
Turkish employees have some special
rights according to theAuslBG and also the
NAG, which cannot be outlined here.
Please obtain the appropriate legal advice.
4.1. Permits in accordance with the
Act governing the Employment of
Foreigners (AuslBG/Ausländerbeschäftigungsgesetz)
4.1.1. Employment permit
S c o p e : gives authorization for a given
activity at a clearly defined place of employment
state; any professional activity
V a l i d i t y : can be carried out 2 years or
for the duration of the apprenticeship
A p p l i c a n t : the foreign employee
Important issuing conditions:
aa at least 52 weeks in a permitted employment during the last 14 months
4.1.3. Certificate of Exemption
Scope: across Austria, valid for all professions
V a l i d i t y : 5 years
V a l i d i t y : one year, extension possible
for a further year
A p p l i c a n t : the future employer
Important issuing conditions:
aa Observation of wage and working
conditions in the business concerned
aa Presentation of a valid residence title
or visa
aa Examination whether the position can
be filled with earmarked workers under
the agency of the Public Employment
4.1.2. Arbeitserlaubnis
S c o p e : valid for a particular federal
A p p l i c a n t : the foreign employee
Important issuing conditions:
aa at least 5 years of permitted employment in Austria during the last 8 years
aa completion of the last full school year
prior to the end of the compulsory
schooling period in Austria, whereby
one parent was employed 3 years
during the last 5 years
aa If you hold a Certificate of Exemption
and have resided in Austria for at least 12
months, your spouse/registered partner
and your unmarried children under 18
years of age are also entitled to a Certificate of Exemption
4.2. You have a permit to work in
Austria but still no job
the desired employer does not contact you.
4.2.2. Take action yourself
Looking for work is exhausting and often
frustrating. In any case it is essential to be
proficient in the German language and
if possible to acquire additional qualifications. If you have already completed
training in your home country you must
find out whether you can have your certificates, diplomas etc. recognized in
Austria (“nostrification”/Nostrifizierung).
A further important possibility of finding work is to take action yourself. This
strategy is often more successful than an
application to a job advert. You send your
application to companies where you
would like to work or ask around your
acquaintances whether anyone has work
for you or knows who might need staff.
4.2.1. The search for job vacancies
4.3. You have found a job – what does
your employer expect from you?
Job vacancies can be found in the newspaper (“job ads”), on the internet (“online job markets”: e.g. www.ams.or.at),
at the AMS, from recruitment agencies
and on advertisements in shops (e.g.
“notice board” in the supermarket).
You can ring the desired employer or
send a written application. This should
contain a Curriculum Vitae/CV, letter of
application and certificates. After that you
will sometimes be contacted and perhaps
invited for a job interview. But sometimes
Chamber of Labour of Tyrol
(Arbeiterkammer Tirol AK), P. 58
Labour Market Promotion of the State of Tyrol (Arbeitsmarktförderung des
Landes Tirol), P. 57
Public Employment Service
(AMS Arbeitsmarktservice), P. 50
BIZ – professional information centre
of the Tyrol Chamber of Commerce
aa Punctuality
aa Reliability: If you cannot get in to work,
ring up!
aa If you are absent through sickness, obtain a sick note from the doctor to say
how long you will be off work. When
you are better, you must get it certified.
aa Dealing with superiors: Follow the in(Berufsinformationszentrum der
Wirtschaftskammer Tirol), P. 102
Equal treatment advocacy (Gleichbehandlungsanwaltschaft) P. 77
Austrian Trade Union Federation
(ÖGB/Österreichischer Gewerkschaftsbund ), P. 90
Centre for Migrants in Tyrol (ZeMiT/
Zentrum für MigrantInnen in Tirol),
P. 102
structions of your superior, whether a
man or a woman. If you are unable or
do not wish to do that or you have the
feeling that your rights are being infringed, talk to your superior about it.
4.4. What do I do if I am sacked or
have no job?
4.4.1. Unemployment benefit from
the Public Employment Service (AMS)
If you have been employed for some time,
you are at the same time insured against
unemployment. You have a claim to unemployment benefit if you are unemployed, have registered as unemployed
and have paid contributions for a certain
length of time to the unemployment insurance system. While you are drawing
this money you can look for another job.
Note: It is recommended that you find
out about the further AMS assistance at
the nearest AMS office or the Centre for
4.4.2. Retraining
In some cases you can also receive support for retraining and further education from the AMS. Talk to your AMS
personal adviser about it.
4.4.3. “Update training support”
(Bildungsgeld update) (Labour Market Promotion of the State of Tyrol/
Arbeitsmarktförderung des Landes
The State of Tyrol is promoting measures
to improve professional qualification.
Austrian nationality is not a requirement
for the receipt of training funds. Please
contact the Labour Market Promotion Department of the State of Tyrol or the course
provider for more detailed information.
4.5. You feel discriminated against as
a “foreigner”
The Equal Treatment Act 2004 prohibits unequal treatment on the grounds
of sex, ethnic origin, religion or creed,
age or sexual orientation. There is help,
do not be afraid to accept it. If you have
problems, contact e.g. the equal treatment officer or the Chamber of Labour
For questions to do with tenancy law
or signing a tenancy contracts the tenants’ protection organizations, the
Austrian Tenants’ Association (Mieterschutzvereinigung) and the Austrian
Tenants’ Protection Organization (Mieterschutzverband) or the Chamber of
Labour (AK) will advise you.
Financial support
If the family income is very low, there
are some possibilities of support in the
housing area. The support on offer in
the local authorities is however very
varied and stretches from rent allowances to affordable social housing. However you have to have lived for a certain
length of time (mostly 3 – 5 years) in the
local area to be able to claim the appropriate allowances. You can get more details from the Local Authority Office (Gemeindeamt) of the
Local Authority where
you live.
Information and advice
Chamber of Labour (AK) legal and
consumer politics department, P. 58
Local Authority Office (Gemeindeamt)
where you live (Registration office/
Mietervereinigung Österreich
(Austrian Tenants’ Association) –
Tyrol section, P. 89
Mieterschutzverband Österreichs
(Austrian Tenants’ Protection Association) – Tyrol association P. 89
Stadtmagistrat (City Administration)
residents’ registration office, P. 95
Centre for Migrants in Tyrol (ZeMiTZentrum für MigrantInnen in Tirol),
P. 102
Milch & Honig
Im Paradies fließen Milch
und Honig, heißt es. Aber
der Punkt ist: Das Paradies
hat seine Grenzen. Und jetzt aufgepasst: Wer nie über den Tellerrand
hinausschaut, kommt nicht weiter.
Weitsicht öffnet neue Horizonte.
For many reasons it is important for migrants to learn German. Knowledge of German makes life easier: it helps when looking for work, shopping, at the doctor’s
etc. Also the German language is really
important when dealing with nursery
school, school and Austrian people. The
easiest and best way to learn German
is to try to come into contact with the
Austrian population and at the same
time attend German lessons. In Tyrol
there are various course providers.
Please note! Not every German course
is a language course that is recognized
for the fulfilment of the integration agreement. If you have to fulfil the integration agreement you should enquire
from the provider if the course is valid
towards fulfilment of the integration
agreement or if the institution is authorized to offer integration courses. That
is important for the examination and
for partial reimbursement of the costs.
6.1. Where do I get information about
German courses?
Integration Department
The Integration Department of the State
of Tyrol offers general information about
German language course providers and
also the possibility of financial assistance.
All over Tyrol the most varied public
and private institutions offer German
courses. Enquire directly from the provider if the German course is suitable for
6 www.integrationsfonds.at
you. The larger institutions also offer a
grading test so that you can attend the
course suitable for you. A few places also
offer literacy courses. You will find a list of
course providers at the end of the section.
6.2. Where can I get financial support?
6.2.1. Federal authorities (Bund)
If you have to fulfil the integration
agreement and belong to one of the
groups entitled to assistance you will
receive a voucher from the authority
issuing the residence title. This voucher
is handed over to the course provider
at the start of the course, collected
together with the course certification
after the end of the course and for all
the participants of a course passed on
to the relevant authority. After that the
course organizer receives a sum of money that is then passed on to the participants.
Reimbursement conditions
Note that this assistance is only paid
under certain circumstances: The courses
must be completed at a certified institute and within a certain period of time.
If the German course is completed
within 18 months of signing the integration agreement the Federal Authorities will pay a contribution of 50%, after
18 up to 24 months 25% of the course
contribution will be paid. If the course is
still not completed after 2 years the au-
thorities will not pay and you will have
to bear the total cost yourself.
6.2.2. The State of Tyrol Integration Department
If you are not obliged to fulfil the integration agreement, you will receive no
financial support from the Federal Authorities. As however learning German
is in every case important, the State of
Tyrol will support immigrants living legally and permanently in Tyrol who do
not fall under the integration agreement
and who are not in employment. The
financial assistance is aimed primarily
at women and young people who arrived before 1.1.1998. The exception are
children and young people up to the age
of 15 years (of compulsory school age).
Extent of financial assistance: Ca. 50%
of cost of course. With reference to Labour
Market Promotion
(Sachgebiet Arbeitsmarktförderung)
The support for German language courses within the framework of the update
programme – see Point 4.4.3. “update
training grants” (State of Tyrol Labour
Market Promotion) – is also a possibility
for migrants who are in employment.
Also people returning to work, people partly self-employed and people
on unpaid leave who have their main
place of residence in Tyrol can apply for
an update grant. Please note the more
detailed guidelines for the possibility of
Extent of financial assistance: Ca. 30%
of cost of course.
Tip: Austrian citizenship is not required
for the grants. You can get further information about it from the Labour Market Promotion (update programme)
6.2.3. Public Employment Service Tyrol
Migrants with their main place of residence in Tyrol who are registered as either unemployed or seeking work and
who have already worked and paid contributions into the unemployment insurance can receive a grant of up to 100%
for their German course. Discuss it with
your AMS personal adviser and he will
give you more detailed information.
Assistance providers
Labour Market Promotion of the
State of Tyrol, P. 57
Public Employment Service (AMS),
P. 50
Integration Department of the State
of Tyrol (JUFF – Integration), P. 52
Local providers
Caritas Integration House
(Caritas Integrationshaus), P. 67
Women from all countries
(Frauen aus allen Ländern), P. 75
Inlingua Language School, P. 78
Innsbruck college German courses
(IHD), P. 79
International Language Centre of
the University of Innsbruck (ISI),
P. 80
Austrian Integration Fund (Österreichischer Integrationsfond), P. 91
Sprachinsel – forum for intercultural
learning, P. 94
Tyrol Education Forum
(Tiroler Bildungsforum), P. 95
Multicultural Association
(Verein Multikulturell), P. 100
Tyrol-wide providers of German
Vocational Training Institute (BFI
Berufsförderungsinstitut Tirol), P. 61
Adult Education Centres of Tyrol
Lifelong Learning (Tiroler Bildungsforum), P. 95
Adult Education Tyrol
(VHS Volkshochschule), P. 101
Tyrol Business Development Institute
(WIFI Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut),
P. 101
Note: You will also find addresses of
German language course providers in
the telephone directory. An up-to-date
list of German language course providers is obtainable from the Integration
Department of the State.
So that you can actively participate
in the schooling of your children and
gain insight into where and how you can
continue your education, it is advantageous if you acquaint yourself with the
Austrian education system.
7.1. Pree-school
So that children can come into contact
with the German language and other
Austrian children before they go to
school, there are institutions for even
small children where they can learn German easily through play.
You can get information about the
nearest childcare provisions from:
Education Department of the State
of Tyrol, P. 51
Family Department of the State of
Tyrol (JUFF-Familienreferat), P. 51
Local (City) Authority Office – school/
nursery department
The list of nursery schools, daycare
and nurseries can also be downloaded from www.tirol.gv.at, Education
Nurseries and nursery schools
N u r s e r i e s : for children up to 3 years
N u r s e r y s c h o o l s : for children
between 3 and 6 years. Particularly for
children whose mother tongue is not
German, nursery schools represent an
important preparation for school.
7.2. Compulsory education in Austria
In Austria all children between the ages
of 6 and 15 must attend school. Attending a state school is free; however you
do have to pay school fees for private
schools. Your child must attend lessons
during school hours regularly and punctually, you are responsible for that as
guardian. The child is only allowed to
stay away from lessons when attending
school is not possible because of an ill-
Note: Nursery schools and nurseries
are not free of charge. They are however as a rule very reasonably-priced
because the State and the Local
Council bear most of the cost.
ness of the child or of the parents. You
are obliged to notify the school of absence from lessons.
7.3. Branches of the education system
in Austria
As can be seen from the diagram below,
Austria has a differentiated school system both vertically and horizontally. As
in other German-speaking countries
there is a longstanding tradition of initial vocational training after compulsory
After attending primary school (Volks­
schule) there are two possible avenues
for continuing education: attending the
secondary school (Hauptschule) or attending the general selective secondary
grammar school (Gymnasium).
The Hauptschule lasts four years
and after than students attend either
the Polytechnische Schule (technical
college) which then equips them for a
vocational training on the job and at a
Berufsschule (vocational college). Ac-
cording to ability and inclination they
can also continue their school career in
the senior classes of a general senior
school (Oberstufengymnasium = sixth
form college) or a vocational middle or senior school (vocational sixth
form college). The selective grammar
school is eight years. After the fourth
year transfer to a vocational middle or
senior school is an option. Both the general college and the senior college finish with the School Leaving Certificate
(Matura) which allows entry to a university or institute of higher education.
selective secondary
school (AHS)
Key-Stage 3 (KS 3)
equivalent to selective
secondary school (KS4)
+ sixth form (ISCED 3A)
A levels
technical stream of
sixth form college (BHS)
apprenticeship certificated
equivalent to NVQ Level 3
universities (ISCED 5A/6) technical universities (ISCED 5A)
foundation courses (ISCED 5B) colleges/academies/institues of
higher education(ISCED 5B)
primary school
technical college
vocational A Level-equivalent certificate
secondary school
A levels certificate
special school
general KS 4 course
at secondary school
c o m p u l s o r y e d u c a t i o n
age 6
Source: ibw – Institut für Bildungsforschung der Wirtschaft [Institute for educational research of the economy: The Austrian education system. A short introduction [http://www.ibw.at/html/bildungssystem/deutsch06.pdf]·and
[http://eu2006.bmbwk.gv.at/downloads/bildung _ prioritaeten.pdf]
For children with special educational
needs there are various types of special
schools and the possibility of integrated education. More details under Point
7.3.1. Integration of students with special educational needs.
The school advisory service of the State Education Authority for Tyrol will be
pleased to advise non-German mother
tongue parents and students with questions and problems at school. Brochures
are available there in various languages.
7.3.1.Integration of students with
special educational needs
The statement of “special educational
needs” is the requirement for special
school provisions. The reasons for a statement of special educational needs are
as varied as the necessary provisions.
The main reasons are:
aa Massive developmental delays
aa Learning difficulties
aa Behavioural difficulties
aa Sensory impairment
aa Physical disability
aa Mental disability
Lack of knowledge of the language is no
reason for attending a special school!
Children with a statement of special edu-
cational needs have lessons adapted
to them in their own school – a special
school. Sometimes however they are
integrated into the mainstream school
system. Classes with children with special educational needs receive a support
teacher who is able to deal especially
with the needs of these children.
7.3.2. After-school supervision
(Schulische Nachmittagsbetreuung)
Since the start of the school year
2006/07 there has been a great increase
in what was previously on offer under
the heading of “After-school supervision”: the running of full-day schools. Fullday school systems (= full-day schools/
Ganztagsschulen) consist basically in a
lesson and a supervision part. The two
parts can be either held separately (e.g.
in the morning lessons, in the afternoon
supervision) or intermixed (alternate
phases of lessons and supervision).
(Voluntary) school afternoon supervision in turn means supervision by
teachers with homework and with recreational activities and also individual
lessons for the children. Pupils at the
general compulsory educational establishments and the lower years of the general senior schools are entitled to supervision. The deciding factor whether
schools are run as full-day schools i.e. as
schools with afternoon supervision is the
number registering for afternoon supervision (at least 7 pupils on at least 3 days
of the week), whether the requirements
in terms of space are present in the
schools and what other supervision provisions e.g. daycare centres) can be used
in the vicinity. More information can
be obtained from the free service lines of
the State of Tyrol (Tel.: 0800-800-501) or
the AK Tyrol (Tel.: 0800-225522-1515).
In Austria lessons are taught in German
but children of migrants have the possibility of having lessons in their mother
tongue in compulsory education. According to the finding of linguistics it is very
important for children to be able to speak
their mother tongue in order to be able to
learn a second language properly. At the
present time in Tyrol lessons are on offer
in Turkish, Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian,
and Hungarian (Russian and Arabic are
planned). The school management can
give you information about this.
gv.at/schulen/befoe/index.xml), and also
from bodies and private foundations,
partly through the localities. In addition the Federal Ministry for Education,
Arts and Culture grants support for the
participation in school activities. The
State of Tyrol does not promote school
activities but helps families when their
child starts school at the compulsory
school age „Help for starting school“
(Schulstarthilfe) from the State Family
Section). The benefit is paid out annually in autumn and is linked with Austrian or EU-State citizenship and income.
Application forms for benefits are
available in the relevant schools. You
can obtain further information from
your children’s school or from the Tyrol
education signpost on the home pay of
the state education authority for Tyrol
(http://bsr.tsn.at/tbw, submenu benefits and grants (Beihilfen & Stipendien).
7.3.4. Religious education
7.3.6. Learning support
Religious education is compulsory in
Austrian schools. All pupils who belong
to a legally recognized church or religious community are obliged to attend
the religious education lessons of their
faith. Alongside Catholic, Protestant
and Christian Orthodox, Islamic religious education is also offered. Again
the school management can give you
information about this.
Learning support is the supervision of
children (and young people) outside
school for assistance with the completion
of homework and other school demands.
The aim is the improvement of their
school performance and thus access to
better vocational training. This includes
support with learning and doing schoolwork and also the integration of elements
of play for relaxation, language improvement (particularly for German as a second language), for mutual acquaintance
and understanding and for developing a
feeling of togetherness. In Tyrol there are
numerous learning support workers.
Note:You will find a list of learning support
7.3.3. Mother tongue lessons
7.3.5. Assistance
There are financial assistance, support
and grants for pupils from the State and
the Austrian Federation (www.bmukk.
providers on: www.tirol.gv.at/themen/
lernhilfe or you can find out about provision from the Integration Department
of the State of Tyrol.
7.4. Adult education
For people who as adults would like to
continue their education, there are all
sorts of possibilities that are however for
the most part have associated costs.
On the one hand evening classes and adult
education centres, Bfi and WIFI offer a lot
of courses on the most varied subjects,
on the other hand a professional training programme within the framework
of the AMS funding can be accessed.
Professional training programmes are
funded by the most varied places.
Chamber of Labour of Tyrol (AK/Arbeiterkammer): Baby’s best start – parent-child programme for learning the
German language, P. 58
Labour Market Promotion of the State
of Tyrol, P. 56
Public Employment Service (AMS), P. 51
Vocational Training Institute
(bfi Tyrol), P. 61
District Education Authority and State
Education Authority for Tyrol (Bezirks­
schulräte und Landesschulrat für Tirol),
P. 86f
BIZ – professional information centre
of the Tyrol Chamber of Commerce
(Berufsinformationszentrum der
Wirtschaftskammer Tirol), P. 102
Eurobiz, P. 73
Family Department of the State of Tyrol
(JUFF-Familienreferat), P. 51
Local Authority Office (Gemeindeamt
bzw. Magistrat)
State Education Authority for Tyrol –
school advisory service for foreigners,
P. 87
Austrian Students’ Union (Österreichi­
sche Hochschülerschaft (ÖH) –
Foreign Students’ Section, P. 91
Educational psychology – educational
counselling of the State Education Authority for Tyrol, P. 88
Tyrol coordinator for teaching Islam,
P. 98
Verein Multikulturell, P. 100
Business Development Institute (WIFI/
Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut), P. 101
Centre for Migrants in Tyrol (ZeMiT),
P. 102
Learning support providers:
Kufstein Academy, P. 50
Caritas Integration House, P. 66
Youth Red Cross Tyrol (Jugendrotkreuz
Tirol), P. 82
Sprachinsel (Language Island) –
forum for intercultural learning, P. 94
Marienheim Foundation, P. 95
In Austria it is obligatory to have legal
health insurance. It covers most of the
cost of medical treatment, medicines
and stays in hospital. Normally you and
your dependents are already insured by
the fact that you are employed.
If you or anyone in your family has
health problems, first seek out a general practitioner (Arzt/Ärztin für Allgemeinmedizin) (exceptions: optician and
dentist). He or she will examine you and
then decide if further examinations (by a
consultant or in a hospital) are necessary. A hospital is only the first port of call
in a real emergency!
8.1. Your rights as a patient
It is often not easy to understand medical language. Cultural differences often
add to the difficulty. For this reason we
would like to inform you what rights
you have as a patient and what recourses you have if problems arise.
aa Right to treatment and care: You
have the right to appropriate and
adequate services in the area of
aa Right of information: You have the
right to be informed truthfully, understandably and completely about
the state of your health or your illness.
aa Right of self-determination: You can
as a matter of principle only be medi-
cally treated with your consent. There are exceptions in emergencies, in
the area of psychiatry and in fighting
aa Right to attention to dignity and
integrity: Your privacy and private
space must be sufficiently protected,
the duty of confidentiality with respect to your data must be adhered to
and death with dignity safeguarded.
aa Right to support: by the autonomous and independent Patients’ Representative Service.
If you need an interpreter, you should
bring someone you trust with you. Please consider however that if your children help with the translation, they may
be emotionally out of their depth with
someof the subject matter. In hospitals
there are to some extent well functioning interpreting services.
8.2. Health checks for adults
From the 19th year everyone living in
Austria is entitled to a free health check
once a year. Frequently, in the course
of these, illnesses can be diagnosed
in the early stages and often cured in
time. You can have the health checks
carried out at any general practitioner’s
and also at the specialist‘s. The check
is painless and only takes up a small
amount of time and an appointment.
Hospitals, P. 85
Surgery for migrant women at the
Women’s Hospital (Frauenklinik)
Innsbruck, P. 86
Red Cross – Tyrol State association,
P. 92
Ombudsman for medical liability
questions for Tyrol, P. 93
National Insurance Agency for The
Trades (SVA), P. 94
Tyrol Area Health Insurance Office
(TGKK), P. 96
Tyrol Patients’ Representative Service, P. 97
Note: Take a careful note of which health insurance you are insured with and if you
are not yet insured, which would be the best option for you and your family. Every
employer is obliged to insure his/her employee!
8.3. Psychosocial problems
It is happening more and more that people have physical problems for which no
physical cause can be found despite numerous investigations. Investigations
have shown that these physical difficulties such as constant headache or
depression are often caused by among
other things the cultural and social environment. The particular and new situation of living in a foreign country is not
always easy to deal with. Also the climate and mentality of the people of
the surroundings, of the new family, of
the work colleagues etc. can be a great
strain on the psyche.
These “mental” illnesses or problems should however be taken just as
seriously as physical illnesses. Very
often seeing a specialist (psychotherapist, psychiatrist, psychologist, psychoanalyst, etc.) is a good way to face
up to one’s problems with professional
Ankyra – centre for intercultural
psychotherapy, P. 58
Doppel S – self help group for eating
disorders, P. 70
Eating disorders – Unterland
(Essstörungen – Unterland), P. 73
Society for Mental Health (Gesellschaft
für psychische Gesundheit), P. 77
HPE – help for family members of
mental patients, P. 78
Eating Disorders Network: anorexia
– bulimia – obesity, P. 90
Hospital psychiatric departments, P. 85
Tyrol Psychosocial Care Service (PSP/
Psychosozialer Pflegedienst Tirol), P. 92
Psychologists and psychotherapists
in the telephone directory
Cross-cultural outpatient clinic at the
University Psychiatric Hospital of the
LKH Innsbruck, P. 86
9.1. Family planning and pregnancy
Are you pregnant? – congratulations!
During pregnancy regularly attending a
clinic or the surgery of a gynaecologist
for the sake of your health and that of
your child is necessary from the third
month of pregnancy at the latest. It is
very important to be constantly under
medical supervision as only then can
the appropriate treatment be carried
out at the right time at the slightest
sign of a danger to health.
AEP-Family counselling service (AEPFamilienberatung), P. 49
BASIS – Women’s Centre in Außerfern, P. 59
Caritas advice centre, P. 65
Family and social advice centre reg.
association, P. 74
Therapeutic families, P. 77
Insieme association for the promotion
of advice centres, P. 79
9.1.1. The mother and child passport
The examinations and findings intended
in the mother and child passport are
important preventive checks for mother and child. In addition the Mother
and Child Passport forms the basis for
the entitlement to child benefit (Kinderbetreuungsgeld) in the full amount
Ante-natal classes are offered in many
different institutions such as e.g. in
the state hospitals in Volkshochschulen (Adult Education Centres) and also
in Parent and Child Centres and by
selfemployed midwives.
You will find information about this
Multicultural family counselling at the
Multicultural Association, P. 100
Tyrol social services (Tiroler Sozialdienst), P. 97
Parent-child-centre (Eltern-KindZentrum), P. 72
Parent-child-club Innsbruck (ElternKind-Treff Innsbruck, P. 73
Z6 Youth, family and drug counselling,
P. 103
Centre for marriage and family issues,
P. 103
from the child’s 21st month. You will receive your Mother and Child Passport
from your gynaecologist, your general
practitioner, in the district health offices (Bezirksgesundheitsämtern), in the
outpatients departments of the district
insurance offices, the hospital outpatients departments with maternity units
and in the pregnancy advice centres.
If you are in employment, you must
9.1.2. Pregnancy and employment law
aa Inform your employer without delay
about the pregnancy and the expected delivery date
In the event of a pregnancy, employment law provides for some mechanisms to protect you from possible
dismissal or other negative consequences. As these regulations are subject to
constant changes, we would only like
to give a short overview here. You can
obtain more detailed information from
the service centres listed below.
aa present a medical certificate to your
employer if required,
aa within the 4th week before the start
of the protected maternity leave
(Schutz­frist) indicate this to your employer and
aa inform your employer if the pregnancy
ends prematurely.
Schutzfrist (protected period) means
that employees are not allowed to work
in the last eight weeks before the birth
and for eight weeks after the birth. Maternity benefit is linked to this period.
Chamber of Labour of Tyrol (AK), P. 58
Baby drop-off box/Babynest, P. 59
First Love Clinic
(First Love Ambulanz), P. 75
Hospitals, P. 85 Parental leave
Mothers and fathers who are employees have a legal right to leave (= absence from work without pay) up to the
child‘s 2nd birthday if they live in the
same household as the child. The minimum length of leave is three months.
If you take leave, you have protection
from dismissal and redundancy that
lasts until four weeks after the end of
the leave.
Take Care!! You must inform your employer directly that you want to take
leave. Applying for child benefit is not
Surgery for migrant women at the
Women’s Hospital (Frauenklinik)
Innsbruck, P. 86
National Insurance Agency for the
Trades (SVA/Sozialversicherungsanstalt
der gewerblichen Wirtschaft), P. 94
Tyrol Area Health Insurance Office (TGKK/
Tiroler Gebietskrankenkasse), P. 96
9.2. Financial support for families
9.2.1. Family benefits (Familienbeihilfe)
and child deductions (Kinderabsetzbetrag)
Family benefits and child deductions
are financial support from the state for
families with children. Family benefit
must be applied for by the mother from
the relevant tax office of the place of
residence, the deduction is paid out at
the same time with the family benefit
and a separate application need not
be made. Persons who have their place
of residence or their usual residence in
Austria are entitled to family benefit
independent of their income and employment. It can be drawn at maximum
up to the completion of the child’s 26th
year. From the child’s 18th year his/her
own income must however not exceed
a certain amount. From the third child
you are entitled in addition to multiple
child supplement (Mehrkindzuschlag).
The family credit is paid out six times a
year in two-monthly instalments.
You can obtain further information
about the amount of the benefit also the
forms from the tax office.
Local tax office
(Wohnsitzfinanzamt), P. 75
Helpful links on the internet:
Federal Ministry of Finance
help site on the internet
www.bmsk.gv.at Federal Ministry of
Social Affairs and Consumer Protection
9.2.2. Childcare allowance
For all children born after 1.1.2002
childcare allowance is received. Unlike
parental leave benefit, the childcare allowance is also granted to people who
were not employed or compulsorily insured (homemakers, students, persons
in marginal employment). This area too
is subject to constant changes and so
we recommend that you enquire directly from your relevant health insurance
National Insurance Agency for The
Trades (SVA), P. 94
Tyrol Area Health Insurance Office
(TGKK), P. 96
Helpful links on the internet:
Federal Ministry of Social Affairs and
Consumer Protection
www.help.gv.at internet help site
9.2.3. Childcare benefit
If you have to have your child looked after because of your employment, there
is support from the Public Employment
Service (AMS) or the State of Tyrol. Childcare benefit from the
Public Employment Service (AMS)
Childcare benefit is given to those who
need a nursery place for their child because
aa they want to take a job,
aa they intend e.g. following a course of
further education,
aa despite working their economic circumstances have dramatically deteriorated,
aa significant changes to their working
aa the previous carer has dropped out.
The child must live in the same
household and be under 15. There is a
sliding scale of childcare benefit and it
depends on the gross (family) income.
Public Employment Service (AMS), P. 50 Childcare benefit from the
State of Tyrol – Family Department
(Kinder­betreuungshilfe des Landes
Tirol – Familienreferat)
This benefit is paid to mothers and fathers who are single parents and have to
have their child looked after out of the
home to be able to go to work and who
no longer get support from the AMS.
The allowance is linked to income levels. The basis for calculation is the net
Important: Before applying to the Family Department of the State of Tyrol,
support must be requested from the
AMS! You can obtain the application
form from the Family Department or
on the State home page.
Tyrol Child Benefit Plus is a financial supporting service for parents of children
between the age of 3 and school enrolment age and is not linked to income levels. As from the age of 4 attendance at
an officially recognized child care place
must be verified.
You can obtain further information
and the application form from the Family
Family Department of the State of
Tyrol (JUFF-Familienreferat), P. 51
9.3. Tax advantages for families
Within the framework of the income tax
return („tax adjustment“) there are various possibilities for families (e.g. in the
form of deductions, special expenses or
extraordinary expenses) to get back from
the state tax already paid. This can also be
worthwhile for individuals. In the latest
Tax Reference Book (Steuerhandbuch)
2007 you can obtain valuable information about free services or tax concessions.
This reference book is available in several
languages in every tax office.
Local tax office, P. 75
Helpful links on the internet
www.bmf.gv.at/service/formulare/ _
start.htm Download of form
https://www.bmf.gv.at Home page of
Federal Ministry of Finance
9.4. Family pass (Familienpass)
With the free Tyrol family pass families
have the option of obtaining alongside
family assistance also concessions for
leisure activities.
The most important advantages:
aa Ye a r ’ s s u b s c r i p t i o n t o t h e
Ty r o l F a m i l y M a g a z i n e A magazine from the Family Section that
comes out 4 times a year with lots of
tips on all family topics, from bringing
up children to suggestions for communal leisure pursuits.
aa M o r e i n f o r m a t i o n for family
pass holders about current familyfriendly activities and assistance from
the State and the Federal Government. Reductions of up to 50% from
firms offering concessions all over
Tyrol: leisure facilities (from open air
pools to ski lifts), restaurants, shops,
aa F a m i l y s e c u r i t y p a c k a g e An
insurance for accidents in the home
for the parent running the home.
Reimbursement of the costs for family help up to 3 months if the net family income is below a certain level.
aa S u b s i d i e s f o r h o l i d a y a c t i v i t i e s For certain holiday activities
subsidies are granted if the net family
income is under the designated level.
Information and orders
Family Department of the State of
Tyrol (JUFF-Familienreferat), P. 51
9.5. Childcare establishments
Forms of childcare
The State of Tyrol has set up a childcare
hotline on the free telephone number:
0800-800-508. Specialists give information about the approx. 1 000 childcare establishments in Tyrol and help in
the choice of a suitable place. Here you
can find out which childcare establishment is the best for your needs and those of your child. The hotline is available
on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from
9am – 7pm, on Thursday from 9am –
8pm and on Saturday from 9am – 6pm.
You can also obtain information about
childcare provision in the Childcare
data base: www.kinderbetreuung.at
The following forms of childcare are
Note: Find out in good time about the
childcare possibilities in your vicinity,
inspect the establishments personally
and speak to the people in change and
with the parents of other children about
their special needs. Do not forget to register your children in good time!
Family Department of the State of
Tyrol (JUFF-Familienreferat), P. 51
Tyrol State Education Authority, P. 86
C r è c h e s (Kinderkrippen): for children
under 3
N u r s e r y s c h o o l s (Kindergärten):
for children of 3 and above
Ta g e s m ü t t e r u n d Ta g e s v ä t e r :
look after several children in their own
home in the family association (childminders).
P l a y g r o u p s (Kindergruppen): participation of parents normally required.
B a b y s i t t e r : intermittent childcare
in the child’s own normal environment.
H o n o r a r y g r a n d p a r e n t s (Leih­
omas und Leihopas): older people who
look after children.
Afternoon childcare for schoolage children (Nachmittagsbetreuung
schulpflichtiger Kinder): daycare centres,
private childcare and after-school clubs.
Save the child (Rettet das Kind), P. 92
Centre for marriage and family issues,
P. 103
Helpful links on the internet:
For many of life’s circumstances by which
one is to some extent taken by surprise
there are a range of institutions available
giving advice, information and support.
Under this heading we would like to
briefly address a few central themes and
offer you a rough overview of where
you can find suitable people to talk to
and what special provisions there are
for migrants in these areas.
aa H o w m a n y injured/patients are
aa W h a t i n j u r i e s /illnesses are present?
aa Wait to answer any questions and do
not hang up immediately!!
10.2. Young people
10.1. In an emergency
Important emergency telephone
aa Ambulance............... 144
aa Emergency doctor.....141
aa Police......................... 133
aa Fire service.................122
The emergency numbers can be rung
free from all telephones. You do not
need an area code and they also work in
a power cut! Misuse of these emergency
numbers is an offence!
Wichtig sind folgende Angaben:
aa W h o is calling?
aa W h e r e did it happen?
aa W h a t happened?
Migration is a challenge for all those involved and linked with cultural and social adjustments. That also affects young
people who sometimes have problems
coping with what can be a difficult situation. It is then not uncommon for
family conflicts to develop that can no
longer be resolved within the family.
Numerous institutions are available for
10.2.1. Jugendschutzgesetz
(Youth Protection Act)
Children and young people too would
like to have fun, meet friends, attend
events and go out. Then questions arise
for them and their parents: “Who is
allowed what, how long – and within
what framework does the Youth Protection Act operate?” All measures and
provisions have the aim of promoting
the healthy mental and physical development as well as the abilities of
children and young people. For that to
succeed all those involved must assume
responsibility. Information and bro-
chures can be obtained via the Youth
Section of the State of Tyrol, the children and young people’s advocacy or
the Info-Eck (State information service
for young people).
Going out times
Children up to the 14th year
can remain up to 10pm in public places
(streets, stations) or attend public
events without an accompanying
adult. In the company of a supervising
person they can attend public events up
to 12pm.
Yo u n g p e o p l e (up to 16) may remain in a pub up to 1am without an accompanying adult. It is not until after
the age of 16 that there are no longer
legal limitations. Yet the following applies: the guardians may continue to
draw the boundaries tighter!
Consumption of alcohol
C h i l d r e n a n d y o u n g p e o p l e up
to the age of 16 are not allowed to buy
alcoholic drinks or consume them in
public places. It is also not permitted to
give them alcoholic drinks!
There is a blanket prohibition for
persons under 18 of giving, buying or
consuming of spirits and mixtures that
contain spirits, independently of whether they are ready-mixed (e.g. alcopops) or selfprepared.
Tobacco must not be given to K i n d e r
u n d J u g e n d l i c h e under the age of
16. They are not permitted to buy tobacco or consume it in public. Nor must
children and young people buy tobacco
or alcoholic drinks even if these are intended for the personal use of their parents or other people!
Tyrol Chamber of Labour (AK), Youth
Section, P. 58
Educational guidance centre of the
State of Tyrol, P. 56
First Love Clinic, P. 75
Info-Eck – Tyrol information for young
people, P. 53
Youth facilities, P. 80
Youth Department of the State of
Tyrol (JUFF-Jugendreferat), P. 53
Youth welfare of the State of Tyrol
(Jugendwohlfahrt des Landes Tirol),
P. 54
Tyrol children and young people’s advocacy (Kinder- und Jugendanwaltschaft Tirol), P. 83
Tyrol Child Protection Centre
(Kinderschutzzentrum Tirol), P. 83
Crisis Intervention Centre (KIZ/Kriseninterventionszentrum), P. 84
Advice hotline (Rat auf Draht Hotline):
Tel.: 147
Z6 Youth,
family and drug counselling, P. 103
10.3. Women and girls
There are a range of problems that can
particularly affect women and girls:
Equal treatment of women and men,
sexual harassment at work, experience
of abuse, violence in the family, etc.
As a matter of principle, men and
women have equal rights in Austria.
Any oppression of women and girls
is strictly prohibited. To promote the
equality of women at work and in society there is “equal rights legislation”.
A great variety of organizations devote
their work to the fight against inequality and try to give assistance to women
Women’s Department (JUFF-Frauenreferat) of the State of Tyrol, P. 52
Equal treatment advocacy P. 77
Zusätzliche Informationen im
www.peregrina.at (information for
immigrant women)
(various items of information for
women on the net)
See also advice centres under Point
10.4. Violence in the family
10.4. Violence in the family
Violence must under no circumstances be a means of enforcing private or
public interests. Many women but also
children and young people are at the
mercy of physical and/or mental abuse.
It does not have to be like that – there
is help! Obtain free and anonymous advice. The staff of the advice centres are
experienced advisers on violence and
abuse who can offer legal and psychosocial support and advice.
10.4.1. Genital mutilation
Genital mutilation (circumcision) of baby
girls, young girls or women is serious
physical mutilation and often leads to
constant pain, impairment of physical
functions and to physical and psychological damage. When giving birth the
women and not uncommonly their
children are endangered.
In Austria genital mutilation is an offence – consent is not possible. From a
legal point of view, genital mutilation
represents bodily harm and is punished
with a term of imprisonment of up to
10 years. Also fathers and mothers who
have their daughters genitally mutilated abroad are committing an offence.
Non-Austrian citizens must expect to
be deported if they are convicted.
BASIS (Reutte), P. 59
DOWAS for women, P. 71
EVITA – advice centre for women and
girls in Kufstein, P. 73
Family and men’s advice centre Klartext, P. 74
Women Help Women (Frauen helfen
Frauen), P. 76
Women Against Rape, P. 76
10.5. Men
For men too there are various institutions that offer help with problems and
devote themselves to the role, work,
family and violence problems of men.
The advice centres will help you with
your concern and refer you on if this is
East Tyrol Women’s Centre, P. 76
Intervention Centre for Violence
against Women, P. 80
Tyrol Child Protection centre, P. 83
KIZ – Crisis Intervention Centre, P. 84
Manns-Bilder (men’s advice centre) in
Innsbruck and Wörgl, P. 88
Advice hotline: Tel.: 147
Tyrol women’s refuge, P. 96
Family and men’s advice centre
Klartext, P. 74
Manns-Bilder (men’s advice centre) in
Innsbruck and Wörgl, P. 88
Men’s Forum of the diocese of Innsbruck, P. 69
10.6. Homelessness
For people who have lost the roof
over their heads the following organizations offer help:
BARWO – Association for the homeless (tearoom, assisted living, street
work), P. 98
DOWAS, S. 70
DOWAS – Chill Out, S. 71
DOWAS for women, S. 71
Association for Social Projects
Schwaz – teabar, P. 100
10.7. People with addiction problems
By addiction in medicine is meant the
compulsive craving for certain substances or modes of behaviour that temporarily eases discomfort and produces
desired sensations The substances or
modes of behaviour are consumed or retained although negative consequences
for the affected person and others are
linked with them. Both the consumption of psychoactive substances such as
alcohol, tobacco, drugs or medicines
and also modes of behaviour such as
gambling, eating, watching television or
working can take on compulsive traits of
an addictive nature. The transitions from
enjoyment, consumption, misuse, addiction and dependence are blurred but
do not build up on each other.
Alongside centres active in prevention
there are also institutions that give
emergency aid for acute problems
and others again who mentor drug addicts, offer work, provide accommodation, supply clean syringes or offer
Drug walk-in centres, P. 72
Innsbruck social services (ISD/
Innsbrucker Soziale Dienste) – walk-in
drug prevention clinic, P. 79
KIT – contacts, information, therapy,
P. 84
KOMFÜDRO of Caritas, P. 67
Abrakadabra of Caritas, P. 64
Kontakt + Co, P. 85
Alcoholics anonymous, P. 58
Mentlvilla of Caritas, P. 68
BIN – advice, information and aftercare for dependency disorder, P. 62
Hospital psychiatric departments, P. 85
BIT – mentoring – integration – tolerance (Begleitung – Integration –
Toleranz), P. 63
Z6 drug advice centre, P. 103
10.8. People with disabilities
Care allowance (Pflegegeld)
The care allowance represents a targeted allowance to partially cover the
extra expense involved in caring for the
disabled or the elderly.
Note: Depending which state you come
from, you are entitled either immediately or when your main residence has
been in Tyrol for three years to claim
care allowance from the State of Tyrol.
( B e h i n d e rt e n p a s s ) The disabled pass serves
as proof of disability (independent of
the type of disability). It is made out in
three languages (English, French and
German) and is to some extent also recognized abroad. It does not give entitlement to a financial allowance. However, by showing the disabled pass you
can obtain reductions at various events.
D i s a b l e d c a r p a r k i n g These car
parking spaces are recognizable by an
extra sign with the disabled symbol. Only
vehicles with disabled passes are allowed
to park in such spaces.
Disabled advisory council of the City
of Innsbruck, P. 60
State of Tyrol office of Federal Social
Services; branches in the districts, P. 64
Municipal office
State of Tyrol social advice for people
with disabilities; advice centres in the
districts, P. 55
Den Erdapfel
gibt es bei uns nicht seit
Menschengedenken. Er kam auf
Grund eines kulturellen Austausches ins Land und wurde
schließlich heimisch. Heute sind Erdäpfel ein nicht wegzudenkender
Bestandteil unserer Küche. Multikulturelle Vielfalt bereichert.
10.9. The elderly
The care of the elderly is becoming increasingly important in our society. For
this reason we are informing you briefly
about the most important possibilities
for the care of the elderly and about
initial contacts who can give you more
detailed information.
gives an injection, baths the patient
and also helps with housework. “Meals
on wheels” (“Essen auf Rädern“) is a facility for these people, delivering them
a meal at lunchtime every day.
The care allowance (see Point 10.8
People with disabilities) can provide a significant contribution to partially cover
the costs.
Care in the community (Amb u l a n t e B e t r e u u n g ) The aim of
care in the community is to support the
elderly as long as possible in their usual
surroundings with professional help.
This is what most people want. At regular intervals a home care assistant comes and e.g. administers medication,
C a r e a n d n u r s i n g h o m e s In the
event that more intensive care becomes necessary and this can no longer
be carried out at home a range of care
and nursing homes are available. Find
out in case of need where there are care
and nursing homes near you and where
there are places available.
Social department of the State of
Tyrol, P. 54
Chamber of Labour (AK), social policy
department, P. 58
State of Tyrol office of Federal Social
Services; branches in the districts, P. 64
Local (City) Authority Office
Care home advocacy of the State of
Tyrol, P. 55
Innsbruck social services (ISD), P. 79
Social and health parish in the locality
of residence, P. 94
10.10. People in financial need
There are more and more people who
find themselves in financial need. If you
have already fallen into the debt trap,
try and get into contact with a debt advisory service as soon as possible. The
staff will help you draw up a sensible
financial budget.
Chamber of Labour of Tyrol (AK), P. 58
Caritas advice centre, P. 65
Family Department (JUFF-Familienreferat) of the State of Tyrol), P. 51
Debt advisory service, P. 93
Basic Subsistence Fund of the State
of Tyrol, P. 54
Tyrol Social Fund, P. 57
In Tyrol there is a varied choice of ways
of spending your leisure time. That is
the reason that many tourists come
both in summer and winter to take advantage of this choice. Local recreation
areas on the doorstep, barbecue sites,
wonderful walking trails can all contribute to pleasant ways of spending your
leisure time. A comprehensive range of
cultural activities (museums, theatres,
open air events) are available. In cafes
and restaurants you can enjoy local and
foreign delicacies.
Numerous libraries, sports clubs and
associations offer variety. Alongside
sport and football clubs there are also
charitable associations such as the voluntary fire service that helps out in the
event of a fire. Numerous social associations also contribute to the functioning of our society and could not exist
without honorary members. Particularly in the City of Innsbruck there are also
migrant associations that can help you
integrate into Tyrol society.
For young people there are youth
centres in many localities. They offer
young people another place between
home, work and school. Here you can
make friends, meet or just play. Young
people are supervised by qualified staff
in the youth centres and if necessary
also counselled. You can find out about
opening times, range of activities etc.
directly from the establishments.
There are youth sections of larger
organizations such as e.g. the Alpine
Association (Alpenverein), Nature Lovers (Naturfreunde), Scouts, Red Cross.
In addition to meaningful ways of spending leisure time they also offer a forum
for young people (and children) to talk
about and express opinions about their
interests (private, school, job, social).
In addition many schools offer extra
free time activities (e.g. chess option,
volleyball, etc.) You can find out more
from the notice boards at the schools
or directly from the staff involved.
At the Local Authority Office of your
locality you can find out what associations there are in your community,
what these associations do and how
you can join.
Local Authority Office
Minorities initiative, P. 78
Youth facilities, P. 80
Migrants’ associations
AEP – Arbeitskreis Emanzipation und Partnerschaft
(AEP – Emancipation and Relationship Workshop)
The areas of activity of the AEP include:
aa public women's library,
aa AEP-Information (feminist magazine for politics and society) and
aa Family advisory service: they give advice
·· on all social and legal issues of maternity protection,
·· on family planning matters,
·· about contraception and desire to have children,
·· for pregnancy dilemmas and accidental pregnancies and
·· for relationship difficulties and sexual problems.
AEP-family counselling service
6020 Innsbruck ·Schöpfstraße 19 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 36 98
Email: aep.familienberatung@aon.at · Internet: www.aep.at
AIDS-Hilfe Tirol (Tyrol AIDS assistance)
aa Advice on HIV infection and development of AIDS
aa HIV antibody test and hepatitis test (free and anonymous)
aa Comprehensive support of those affected and their family members
All services offered are anonymous and free!
6020 Innsbruck · Kaiser-Josef-Straße 13 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 36 21
Email: tirol@aidshilfen.at · Internet: www.aidshilfe-tirol.at
Akademie Kufstein (Kufstein Academy)
Integration and Culture Centre · 6330 Kufstein · Anton-Karg-Straße 22 · Tel.: 05372 / 68 9 18
AMS – Arbeitsmarkservice (Public Employment Service)
aa Subsistence in accordance with the unemployment insurance legislation
aa Referrals to and support with search for apprenticeships and jobs
aa Job information in the job info centres of the Public Employment Service
aa Booklets on choice of career, training and retraining (own booklet for young
migrants – Fit into the future)
aa Courses on career choice and career preparation, qualification and mobilization
steps, courses for lower secondary school leaving certificate, qualification steps
aa Individual financial assistance
Note: In cooperation with the Centre for Migrants (ZeMiT/Zentrum für MigrantInnen
in Tirol) at certain times mother tongue advice is given.
6020 Innsbruck · Andreas-Hofer-Straße 44 ·Tel.: 0512/ 58 46 64
Email: ams.tirol@ams.at · Internet: www.ams.at
Opening times: Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm
Regional offices:
6020 Innsbruck · Schöpfstraße 5
Tel.: 0512 / 59 03
Email: ams.innsbruck@ams.at
Advice in Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, English and German: every Tues 8 – 12am.
Advice in Turkish, Kurdish, English, German:
every Thurs 8 – 12am.
6333 Kufstein · Oskar-Pirlo-Straße 13
Tel.: 05372 / 64 8 91
Email: ams.kufstein@ams.at
Advice in Turkish and Kurdish:
every 4th Monday in the month 9 – 12am
6370 Kitzbühel · Wagnerstraße 17
Tel.: 05356 / 62 4 22
6460 Imst · Rathausstraße 14
Tel.: 05412 / 61 9 00
Email: ams.imst@ams.at
6500 Landeck · Innstraße 11
Tel.: 05442 / 62 6 16
Email: ams.landeck@ams.at
9900 Lienz · Dolomitenstraße 1
Tel.: 04852 / 64 5 55
Email: ams.lienz@ams.at
6600 Reutte · Claudiastraße 7
Tel.: 05672 / 62 4 04
Email: ams.reutte@ams.at
Advice in Turkish and Kurdish:
every 3rd Monday in the month 9.30 – 12am
6130 Schwaz · Swarovskistraße 22
Tel.: 05242 / 62 4 09
Email: ams.schwaz@ams.at
Amt der Tiroler Landesregierung (Office of the Government of Tyrol)
Abteilung Bildung (Education Department)
6020 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 7 – 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-2550 · Email: bildung@tirol.gv.at
Abteilung JUFF – Familienreferat (Family Department)
aa Childcare benefit
aa Children’s playgroup assistance
aa Family pass
Important: Before applying for childcare allowance from the Family Department
support must be sought from the AMS!
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1
Tel.: 0512 / 508-3572 and DW 3636 (Info hotline family pass) · Email: juff.familie@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/familienreferat and www.familienpass-tirol.at
Abteilung JUFF – Frauenreferat (Women’s Department)
aa Affirmative action for women
aa Measures for genuine equality of men and women
aa Project info/advice/mentoring of women’s groups and initiatives
aa Educational work, public relations and info booklets
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-3581
Email: juff.frauen@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/frauen
Abteilung JUFF – Integrationsreferat (Integration Department)
aa Awareness raising regarding opportunities of immigration
aa Financial support for language learning and literacy
aa Library with focus on migration and integration
aa Subsidies for integration projects
Note: If you do not have to fulfil the integration agreement but would still like to do
a German language course, you can apply for funding here. The assistance contribution is up to 50% of the course costs.
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-2858
Email: juff.integration@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/integration
Abteilung JUFF – Jugendreferat (Youth Department)
aa Supervision, education and information for people in youth work
aa Measures for protection of young people
aa Assistance for children’s and young people’s centres (rooms, projects, holiday
aa Young people’s waiting room (Jugendwarteraum) at the main station on lesson days
aa Loan of play equipment for play days and play sessions
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-3594
Email: juff.jugend@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/jugendreferat
Info-Eck – Jugendinfo Tirol (Info-Eck – info for young people Tirol)
Information for young people
6020 Innsbruck · Kaiser-Josef-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 04 41
Email: info@infoeck.at ·Internet: www.infoeck.at
6460 Imst · Lutterottistraße 2
Tel.: 0 54 12 / 66 5 00
Email: oberland@infoeck.at
6300 Wörgl · Martin Pichler Straße 23
Tel.: 050 / 6300 / 645-0
Email: woergl@infoeck.at
Abteilung JUFF – kult & co (JUFF – kult & co Department)
Advice centre for questions of religion and belief
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-2996
Email: kult.co@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.kult-co-tirol.at
Abteilung Jugendwohlfahrt (Youth Welfare Department)
The services of the Youth Welfare Department range from the wide-ranging services
of the Youth Welfare Centres via drop-in family support, residential support, fostering, and educational counselling to child protection, crisis intervention, emergency
beds and street work.
Note: Info folder also available in Turkish and Serbo-Croatian.
6020 Innsbruck · Wilhelm-Greil-Straße 25 ·Tel.: 0512 / 508-2642 · Email: juwo@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/themen/gesellschaft-und-soziales/kinder-und-jugendliche/
Abteilung Soziales (Social Department)
aa Advice centre for people with disabilities
aa Help with securing means of subsistence
aa Help in particular life situations in the area of medical care
aa Payment of costs for a simple burial
6020 Innsbruck · Eduard-Wallnöfer-Platz 3/II ·Tel.: 0512 / 508-2590 or 2592
Email: soziales@tirol.gv.at ·Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/soziales
Grundsicherungsfonds (Basic Subsistence Fund) (previously: Sozialhilfefonds)
Financial help to tide over extraordinary circumstances (in the form of a subsidy
towards rent or financial assistance)
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512/ 508-2619 or -2620
Email: soziales@tirol.gv.at
Heimanwaltschaft (Care home advocacy)
aa Advice and information together with the rights and responsibilities of care home
aa Clarification of failings and resolving of issues in nursing homes.
aa Acceptance and processing of complaints in the area of accommodation, medical
care, support and personal care in care and nursing homes and also putting
forward improvement plans.
aa Mediation in disputes
6020 Innsbruck · Sillgasse 8/III · Tel.: 0800 800 504 (free phone)
Email: heimanwaltschaft@tirol.gv.at
Sozialberatung für Menschen mit Behinderung
(Social advice centre for people with disabilities)
Advice for clients and family
aa on the Tyrol rehabilitation legislation (e.g. advice on services, help with application,
support on implementation of measures)
aa for all matters that are connected with a disability (e.g. care allowance, pension,
financial problems)
6020 Innsbruck, Zeughausgasse 3/III · Tel.: 0512 / 57 06 40 · Email: soziales@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/themen/gesellschaft-und-soziales/soziales/organisationund-referate/regionalberatung
Regional advice centres
BH Schwaz: 6130 Schwaz Tel.: 05242 / 69 31-5968
BH Kufstein: 6333 Kufstein Tel.: 05372 / 606-6043
BH Kitzbühel: 6370 Kitzbühel Tel.: 05356 / 62 4 40
BH Lienz:
9900 Lienz
Tel.: 04852 / 66 33-6541
Abteilung Staatsbürgerschaft (Citizenship Department)
Award, retention and establishment of citizenship
6020 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 7 – 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-2362
Email: staatsbuergerschaft@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/staatsbuergerschaft
Abteilung Wohnbauförderung (Housing Assistance Department)
The following financial assistance is guaranteed independent of Austrian
aa Rent in a state-aided accommodation
aa House renovation/extension of living area
The following assistance is granted to individuals if they have had their main
residence in Tyrol for at least 5 years:
aa Housing benefit
aa Rent and annuity benefits
6020 Innsbruck · Eduard-Wallnöfer-Platz 3 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-2732
Email: wohnbaufoerderung@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/wohnbaufoerderung
Erziehungsberatungsstelle des Landes (Educational guidance centre of the State)
aa It offers information and advice on all areas that have anything to do with parents,
young people, children, nursery school, school, child development, child welfare,
separation, puberty, adolescence, youth welfare etc.
aa Therapy
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 40 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 57 77 or 57 20 93
Email: erziehungsberatung-innsbruck@utanet.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/erziehungsberatung
Note: There are offices in Schwaz, Brixlegg, Kitzbühel, Kufstein, Lienz, Steinach, Imst,
Landeck and Reutte.
Sachgebiet Arbeitsmarktförderung (Labour Market Promotion Area)
In addition to many other services these are of particular importance for migrants:
aa “Update” training grants (assistance for further education)
aa Education assistance (grants for living costs during training and further education)
aa Education loans (assistance with course costs)
aa Apprentice subsidy (assistance for apprentices according to need)
Note: All applicants for assistance must prove a main residence in Tyrol at the time
of submission of the application. Austrian citizenship is not necessary.
6020 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 7 – 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-3557
Email: arbeitsmarktfoerderung@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/themen/wirtschaft-und-tourismus/arbeit/arbeitsmarktfoerderung
Tiroler Hilfswerk (Tyrol social fund)
aa Support for people in need of help
aa Help in particular life situations – for extraordinary difficulties that may have their
cause in the personal, social or economic circumstances of the individual.
6020 Innsbruck · Michael-Gaismair-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-3692
Email: tiroler.hilfswerk@tirol.gv.at
Ankyra – Zentrum für Interkulturelle Psychotherapie –
Diakonie Flüchtlingsdienst
(Ankyra – centre for intercultural psychotherapy – Deaconry refugee service)
Offers interpreter-supported, culture-sensitive and trauma-specific psychotherapy,
psychosocial and medicinal/psychiatric counselling for refugees and migrants with
interpreting requirements. Counselling and further education is offered to staff of
organizations and authorities who work with psychologically disturbed refugees
and migrants.
6020 Innsbruck · Wilhelm-Greil-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 41 29
Email: ankyra.efdoe@diakonie.at · Internet: http://fluechtlingsdienst.diakonie.at
Anonyme Alkoholiker (Alcoholics anonymous)
aa Information and advice for those affected and their families
aa Anonymous and free
6020 Innsbruck · Zollerstr. 6 · Contact telephone for North Tyrol: 0664 / 51 65 880 (7 – 10pm)
Internet: www.anonyme-alkoholiker.at
Arbeiterkammer (AK) (Chamber of Labour)
Tyrol Chamber of Labour is the public representation of interests of the employed
blue and whitecollar workers. It offers legal advice on work and social matters, consumer protection, housing and rent law, representation in court, support, subsidies,
assistance and grants.
Only AK members are entitled to this service. They are people who are employed,
in other words all blue and white-collar workers and certain groups of contract staff
including apprentices. For that reason migrants can mostly access the advice and support service of the Chamber of Labour.
6010 Innsbruck · Maximilianstraße 7 · Tel.: 0800-22 55 22 (free phone)
Internet: www.ak-tirol.at
Opening times: Mon – Fri 8 – 12am, Mon 2 – 4pm and Wed 1 – 5pm (personal advice)
Note: Every 1st Monday in the month from 9:30–12:00am there is an advice service in
Turkish, Kurdish and German at the AK Landeck
District offices
6460 Imst · Rathausstraße 1 · Tel.: 05412 / 63 3 73-0
Kitzbühel: 6370 Kitzbühel · Rennfeld 13 · Tel.: 053 56 / 66 6 55-0
Kufstein: 6330 Kufstein · Praxmarerstraße 4 · Tel.: 05372/ 62 7 01
Landeck: 6500 Landeck · Malser Straße 11 · Tel.: 05442 / 62 4 58
9900 Lienz · Beda-Weber-Gasse 22 · Tel.: 04852 / 62 4 74
Reutte: 6600 Reutte · Mühler Straße 22 · Tel.: 05672 / 62 2 14-0
Schwaz: 6130 Schwaz · Dr.-Dorrek-Straße 3 · Tel.: 05242 / 62 3 79
6410 Telfs · Moritzenstraße 1 · Tel.: 05262 / 62 2 68
Babyklappe/Babynest (Baby drop-off box/babynest)
The possibility for women who would not like to avail themselves of the offer of
giving birth anonymously to drop of their baby anonymously
District hospital Lienz · 9900 Lienz · Emanuel-von-Hibler-Straße 5 · Tel.: 04852 / 606-0
Email: bkhl.verwaltung@osttirolnet.at
See Verein für Obdachlose (Association for the Homeless)
aa Women’s, relationship, family, living and legal advice and advice on violence in
the family
aa Psychotherapeutic counselling
aa Advice for pregnant women and on pregnancy dilemmas
aa Young women's projects
aa Support of self-help groups
6600 Reutte · Planseestraße 6 · Tel.: 05672 / 72 6 04
Email: office@basis-beratung.net · Internet: www.basis-beratung.net
Behindertenberatung des Landes Tirol (State of Tyrol Disability Advisory Service)
See Amt der Tiroler Landesregierung, Abteilung Soziales (Office of the State Govern­
ment of Tyrol Social Services Department)
Behindertenbeirat der Stadt Innsbruck
(Disabled advisory council of the City of Innsbruck)
aa It is the contact for individuals and all disabled organizations, institutions and
aa Its remit is to do everything so that people with disabilities enjoy the same rights
as the able-bodied and can participate everywhere. The council dictates policy
and administration where discrimination is happening in daily life and makes
suggestions how this can be changed.
6010 Innsbruck · Herzog-Friedrich-Straße 21 · Tel.: 0512 / 5360-1912
Email: behindertenbeauftragte@innsbruck.gv.at
Bezirkshauptmannschaft (BH) (District Council)
The BH is responsible for residence matters. However for the district of the City of
Innsbruck the City Council of Innsbruck is responsible.
BH Imst
6460 Imst · Stadtplatz 1
Tel.: 05412 / 6996-0
Email: bh.imst@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/bh-imst
BH Innsbruck Land
6020 Innsbruck · Gilmstraße 2
Tel.: 0512 / 5344–5140
Email: bh.innsbruck@tirol.gv.at
BH Kitzbühel
6370 Kitzbühel · Hinterstadt 28
Tel.: 05356 / 62131-0
Email: bh.kitzbuehel@tirol.gv.at
BH Kufstein
6330 Kufstein · Boznerplatz 1 – 2
Tel.: 05372 / 606-0
Email: bh.kufstein@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/bezirke/kufstein
BH Landeck
6500 Landeck · Innstraße 5
Tel.: 05442 / 6996-5506
Email: bh.landeck@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/bezirke/landeck
BH Lienz
9900 Lienz · Dolomitenstraße 3
Tel.: 04852 / 6633-6622
Email: bh.lienz@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/bezirke/lienz
BH Reutte
6600 Reutte · Obermarkt 7
Tel.: 05672 / 6996-5690
Email: bh.reutte@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/bezirke/reutte
BH Schwaz
6130 Schwaz · Franz-Josef-Straße 25
Tel.: 05242 / 6931-5931
Email: bh.schwaz@tirol.gv.at
Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/bezirke/schwaz
Bezirkskrankenhäuser (District hospitals)
See Krankenhäuser (Hospitals)
Bezirksschulrat (District education authority)
See Landesschulrat für Tirol (Tyrol State Education Authority)
BFI – Tirol Bildungszentrum (BFI Tyrol education centre)
aa Offers a wide range of courses and seminars (you can obtain the Tyrol BFI course
programme free of charge!) – special German language courses for every level
aa free German-grading appointments
aa the Tyrol BFI is certified by the Austrian Integration Fund for carrying out
literacy and German language courses (important for fulfilling the integration
6010 Innsbruck · Ingenieur Etzelstr. 7 · Tel.: 0512 / 59 6 60
Email: bfi.info@tirol.com · Internet: www.bfi-tirol.at
Note: Regional offices in Kufstein, Kitzbühel, Lienz, Schwaz, Wattens, Telfs, Imst, Landeck
and Reutte.
BIN – Beratung, Information und Nachsorge bei Abhängigkeitserkrankung
(BIN – advice, information and aftercare for dependency disorder)
Care for problems connected with alcohol and medication:
aa clarification of the present situation as well as support in overcoming the problems
aa providing contacts to suitable specialist organizations
aa For family members: information and directing to support facilities
6060 Hall in Tirol · Schmiedtorgasse 5/I
Tel.: 05223 / 53 6 36
Email: bin-hall@bin-tirol.org
Internet: www.suchtberatung-tirol.at
6460 Imst · Pfarrgasse 7
Tel.: 05412 / 62 8 07
Mobile: 0650 / 582 45 35
Email: imst@bin-tirol.org
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 13/III
Tel.: 0512 / 57 30 54
Email: innsbruck@bin-tirol.org
6370 Kitzbühel · Rennfeld 15
Tel.: 05356 / 72 3 24
Email: kitzbuehel@bin-tirol.org
6330 Kufstein · Alois-Kemter-Straße 5
Tel.: 05372 / 67 0 19
Email: kufstein@bin-tirol.org
6500 Landeck · Malserstraße 44/1
Tel.: 05442 / 64 8 12
Mobile: 0650 / 582 45 39
Email: landeck@bin-tirol.org
9900 Lienz · Rosengasse 12/II
Tel.: 04852 / 73 4 50
Email: lienz@bin-tirol.org
6600 Reutte · Untermarkt 11
Tel.: 05672 / 73 2 88
Mobile: 0650 / 980 74 97
Email: reutte@bin-tirol.org
6130 Schwaz · Swarovskistraße 15/I
Tel.: 05242 / 73 7 98
Mobile: 0650 / 884 71 10
Email: Schwaz@bin-tirol.org
6380 St. Johann · Bahnhofstr. 7
Tel.: 05352 / 67 6 42-10
Mobile: 0664 / 231 19 99
Email: st.johann@bin-tirol.org
6410 Telfs · Obermarkt 43/III
Tel.: 05262 / 66 6 60-10
Mobile: 0650 / 884 71 11
Email: telfs@bin-tirol.org
6300 Wörgl · Bahnhofstraße 49
Tel.: 05332 / 70 5 11-10
Email: woergl@bin-tirol.org
BIT Begleitung – Integration – Toleranz (BIT mentoring – integration – tolerance)
Counselling for problems connected with illegal drugs:
aa advice with questions on the subject of drug threats and dependency
aa psychotherapy
aa psychosocial counselling and care
aa referral to residential detox and rehab clinics and continuing social support facilities
aa aftercare after detox or rehab
Tyrol drug addiction counselling (Drogen Suchtberatung Tirol)
6111 Volders · Kirchgasse 6 · Tel.: 05224 / 51 0 55
Email: volders@bit-tirol.com · Internet: www.drogenberatung.com
6060 Hall · Schmiedtorgasse 5/3
Tel.: 05223 / 55 1 70
Email: hall@bit-tirol.com
6460 Imst · Pfarrgasse 7
Tel.: 05412 / 62 8 05
Email: imst@bit-tirol.com
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 13/2
Tel.: 0512 / 57 36 07
Email: innsbruck@bit-tirol.com
6370 Kitzbühel · Rennfeld 15
Tel.: 05356 / 66 3 44
Email: kitzbuehel@bit-tirol.com
6330 Kufstein · Alois-Kemter-Straße 5
Tel.: 05372 / 66 5 88
Email: kufstein@bit-tirol.com
6500 Landeck · Malserstraße 44
Tel.: 05442 / 62 7 15
Email: landeck@bit-tirol.com
9900 Lienz · Rosengasse 12
Tel.: 04852 / 67 0 46
Email: lienz@bit-tirol.com
6600 Reutte · Untermarkt 11
Tel.: 05672 / 71 5 73
Email: reutte@bit-tirol.com
6130 Schwaz · Swarovskistraße 15/I
Tel.: 05242 / 72 1 23
Email: schwaz@bit-tirol.com
6380 St. Johann · Bahnhofstraße 7
Tel.: 05356 / 66 3 44
Email: kitzbuehel@bit-tirol.com
6410 Telfs · Obermarkt 43
Tel.: 05262 / 68 3 70
Email: telfs@bit-tirol.com
6300 Wörgl · Bahnhofstraße 19/II
Tel.: 05332 / 70 5 82
Email: woergl@bit-tirol.com
BIZ – Berufsinformationszentrum der Wirtschaftskammer Tirol
(BIZ – professional information centre of the Tyrol Chamber of Commerce)
See Wirtschaftskammer Tirol (Tyrol Chamber of Commerce)
Bundessozialamt Landesstelle Tirol (Federal Social Services Tyrol State Office)
The Federal Social Services funds and coordinates a wide range of facilities with the
purpose of enabling people with disabilities to have equality of life without barriers. The
Federal Social Services also supports a range of measures to improve the mobility of
disabled people and barrierfree access to businesses and establishments, including
aa models of integrated professional training for disabled apprentices
aa family information centres for family members of disabled children
aa funding for companies who employ people with disabilities
6020 Innsbruck · Herzog-Friedrich-Straße 3 · Tel.: 05 / 99 88-7199
Email: bundessozialamt.tirol1@basb.gv.at · Internet: www.basb.bmsg.gv.at
As an organization which is part of the Catholic Church, Caritas is active locally and
internationally. Caritas works for people who need long- or short-term help. Help is
provided without reference to the origin, religion or a personal responsibility. Help is
particularly intended for those people who otherwise would only receive insufficient
help or none at all. Caritas has many subsidiary organizations that offer help in the
most varied situations.
6021 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 16 · Tel.: 0512 / 72 70
Email: caritas.ibk@dioezese-innsbruck.at · Internet: www.caritas-innsbruck.at
Legal and hourly work for adults who take drugs or are on a drug substitution programme.
6020 Innsbruck · Karmelitergasse 4 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 85 47
Email: abrakadabra.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Bahnhofsozialdienst (Railway station social service)
Not aimed at any particular group of people but for people in the most varied
problem situations:
aa Conversation, advice, information (e.g. financial expenses, work, housing, debts)
aa Short-term financial help, services (contact and short-term safekeeping of documents,
hygiene articles, post deposit address, post escort, sandwiches and tea, etc.)
aa Help for travellers in difficulties
aa Referral to sleeping facilities
6020 Innsbruck · Südbahnstr. 1a · Tel.: 0512 / 58 13 05 · Email: bsd.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Beratungszentrum (Advice centre)
Counselling and help in acute emergency situations:
aa Counselling for pregnant women/pregnancy dilemmas
aa Adoption referral and support
aa Marriage, family and life counselling
aa Legal advice in matters of family and criminal law
6021 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 16 · Tel.: 0512 / 72 70-15
Email: beratungszentrum.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Caritas Integrationshaus (Caritas Integration House)
Services offered:
aa Accommodation for people in emergency situations: Short-term emergency
accommodation or permanent accommodation for homeless and displaced
persons, asylum seekers, refugees, illegal immigrants, addicts, students, the
employed, women, men and families.
aa Multicultural festivities, “Long live the world” festival (Es-lebe-die-Welt-Fest),
Dinnerclub International
aa Culture groups
aa Ecumenical prayer room
aa Learning support
6020 Innsbruck · Gumppstraße 71 · Tel.: 0512 / 36 11 15
Email: integrationshaus.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Internet: www.caritas-integrationshaus.at and www.eslebediewelt.com
Familienhilfe (Family assistance)
Caritas family assistance offers bridging assistance for families, households and single people in difficult life situations. The family assistants fit their support flexibly
round the relevant need. Their activities include the areas of education, care and
household tasks.
6021 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 16 ·Tel.: 0512 / 72 70-45
Email: fh.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Komfüdro is a low-threshold contact and entry point for drug users.
Services offered:
aa Needle exchange (1:1 free) and sale
aa Safer use and safer sex advice
aa Medical advice (Monday 12:30am – 3pm)
aa Café with hot/cold drinks and snacks at cost price
aa Hot meals
aa Shower and washing facilities
aa psychosocial counselling and care
aa Services offered specifically for women: Special opening times, leisure activities,
further education facilities
aa Work with family members
6020 Innsbruck · Ing.-Etzel-Straße 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 14 03
Email: komfuedro.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Opening times for women only: Tue 3 – 4:30pm
Note: Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays!
Mentlvilla is an emergency shelter for drug addicts, -dependents and homeless people.
aa Basic services (bed, food, clothing, hygiene articles)
aa Health work (needle exchange, hygiene advice, health information, basic
sociopsychiatric care)
aa Social work (advice, counselling, care, crisis intervention, work with family members)
aa Informal education work (promotion of life skills)
6020 Innsbruck · Mentlgasse 20 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 43 51
E-Mail: mentlvilla.caritas@dioezese-innsbruck.at
Opening times: Mon – Fri 5pm – 10am (closed from 10am – 5pm)
On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays open all day!
Chill Out
Christlich-Muslimische Dialoggruppe (Christian-Muslim dialogue group)
aa Interreligious events, dialogue visits, further education
aa Guided visits to mosques, churches and monasteries
aa Counselling/networking on religious/cultural topics
6020 Innsbruck · Karl-Rahner-Platz 1 ·Mobile: 0650 / 512 18 67
Email: dialoggruppe-oeh@uibk.ac.at · Internet: http://oehinfo.uibk.ac.at/theo/dialog
Diözese Innsbruck (Diocese of Innsbruck)
Familienreferat (Family Section)
The Family Section of the Diocese supports families in many types of life situations:
aa Counselling and help for couples and families
aa Dealing with society and church topics with respect to the family
6020 Innsbruck · Riedgasse 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 22 30-511
Email: familienreferat@dibk.at · Internet: www.dioezese-innsbruck.at/familienreferat
Frauenreferat (Women’s section)
aa Contact point for women’s issues in the Catholic church
aa Educational and spiritual services offered
aa Information, socio-political women’s issues
6020 Innsbruck · Riedgasse 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 22 30-530 and -515
Email: frauenreferat@dibk.at · Internet: www.dioezese-innsbruck.at/frauenreferat
Männerforum der Diözese Innsbruck (Men’s forum of the Diocese of Innsbruck)
aa Educational events
aa Constitution of men’s groups and men’s initiatives
aa Contact, information point and special section for men’s issues
Andreas Cia
6423 Mötz · Am Setzberg 14 ·Tel.: 05263 / 20 1 15 · Mobile: 0650 / 352 51 35
Email: office@maennerforum.at · Internet: www.maennerforum.at
Doppel S – Selbsthilfegruppe Essstörungen
(Doppel S – self help group for eating disorders)
aa Services offered by self-help groups: Help looking for treatment, literature list,
meeting for information exchange after agreement by phone, mail contact
6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 43 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 71 98 (Tyrol self-help/Selbsthilfe Tirol)
Email: doppel_s@gmx.net
DOWAS Durchgangsort für wohnungs- und arbeitssuchende Menschen
(DOWAS transit point for people looking for work and accommodation)
Advice centre for matters of subsistence, search for work and accommodation.
The services offered are in particular:
aa Eviction prevention
aa Help looking for accommodation and renting
aa Assistance with authorities and official departments
aa Setting up a post and AMS address or contact point in order to establish a
confirmation of primary residence.
aa Debt settlement measures
aa Obtaining and safekeeping of documents
aa Sheltered accommodation
6020 Innsbruck · Leopoldstraße 18 ·Tel.: 0512 / 57 23 43
Email: ibk@dowas.org · Internet: www.dowas.org
CHILL OUT is a low-threshold establishment for homeless young men and women (main target group 14 to 19 years) and consists of three areas:
aa Anlaufstelle (Entry point): Covering of various basic needs, low-threshold
counselling and care.
aa Beratungsstelle (Advice centre): Help provided with subsistence, search for and
receipt of accommodation, search for work and training, drug problems and debt
aa Wohnbereich (Housing area): Provisional accommodation with ongoing support.
The aim of the services of CHILL OUT is to develop, together with the young people,
a life outlook corresponding to their needs and potential.
6020 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 8 ·Tel.: 0512 / 57 21 21 ·Email: dowas.chill.out@chello.at
DOWAS für Frauen (DOWAS for women)
DOWAS for women is a first contact point for women (and their children) in crisis
situations, with existential problems and for homeless women.
The services offered are in particular:
aa Advice and support e.g. with financial problems, with contact with various official
aa Support with the search for and rent of accommodation, eviction threat, conflict
with landlords, organization of childcare, search for work and problems at work
aa Supervised living facilities (transitional accommodation and life skills living
Note: If necessary an interpreter will be provided for advice sessions, information folder
in German, Turkish, and Bosnian-Serbo-Croatian (BKS) on: www.dowas-fuer-frauen.at
Advice centre: 6020 Innsbruck · Adamgasse 4/2 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 24 77
Email: buero@dowas-fuer-frauen.at
Living community: Tel.: 0512 / 29 54 98 · Email: wg@dowas-fuer-frauen.at
Drogenambulanzen (Walk-in drug clinics)
aa Substitution (replacement treatment) when the criteria/conditions are fulfilled
aa Diagnosis and treatment of physical and mental problems
aa Advice and support on matters of livelihood, insurance, housing, work, court
Drogenambulanz I der Universitäts-Klinik
(Drug clinic University Hospital Innsbruck)
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 35
Tel.: 05 / 05 04-24750
Email: drogenambulanz@uibk.ac.at
Drogenambulanz II
(Drug clinic II)
6300 Wörgl · Bahnhofstraße 19
Tel.: 05332 / 70 2 00
Psychiatrisches Krankenhaus Hall
(Psychiatric Hospital Hall)
6060 Hall · Thurnfeldgasse 14
Tel.: 05223 / 508-0
Internet: www.tilak.at/krankenhaus/pkh
Fachbereich Drogenentzug
(Specialist department Drug Withdrawal)
Tel.: 05223 / 508-63 1 30
Email: pkh.b3sekr@tilak.at
Fachstation für Alkohol- und
(Specialist unit for alcohol and
medication dependency)
Tel.: 05223 / 508- 63 1 40 (addiction hotline)
Email: pkh.b4@tilak.at
Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie
Abteilung III
(University Psychiatric Hospital
Department III)
Therapie- und Gesundheitszentrum für
Alkohol- und Medikamentenabhängige
(Therapy and health centre for alcohol and
medication dependency)
6162 Mutters · Nockhofweg 23
Tel.: 0512 / 54 83 53
E-mail: andrea.danninger@tilak.at
Eltern-Kind-Zentrum (Parent-child centre)
Advice on pregnancy issues, everything to do with birth, baby care, education, with
family problems, returning to work, topics of developmental psychology, experiences
of loss, etc.
6020 Innsbruck · Amraser Straße 5 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 19 97-0 · Email: elternkindzentrum@tele2.at
Internet: www.ekiz-ibk.at and www.eltern-kind-zentren-tirols.at/plattform _ 00.htm
Eltern-Kind-Treff Innsbruck (Parent-child club Innsbruck)
Offers comprehensive information on the topics of pregnancy, birth and baby. In
addition interesting courses, breast-feeding groups with appropriate specialist advice are offered and the expectant and new mothers can also have the opportunity
to talk to like-minded people.
6020 Innsbruck · Adamgasse 4 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 06 50 ·Mobile: 0676 / 842 487 500
Email: info@eltern-kind-treff.at · Internet: www.eltern-kind-treff.at
Essstörungen Unterland (Eating disorders – Unterland)
Self-help group that meets regularly to exchange experiences..
6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 43 ·Tel.: 0512 / 57 71 98 · Email: dachverband@selbsthilfe-tirol.at
Available by phone: Tue – Fri 9 – 12am
aa Jobcentre with information about jobs and training in Austria and Europe
aa Information about au pair posts and work experience abroad
6020 Innsbruck · Schöpfstraße 5 · Tel.: 0512 / 59 03-710 ·Email: eurobiz.innsbruck@702.ams.or.at
EVITA Frauen- und Mädchenberatungsstelle
(EVITA advice centre for women and girls)
aa Advice and counselling for women and girls in difficult life situations
aa Workshops on violence prevention in schools
aa Accompanying of victims of sexual and physical abuse through the process from
charges right to the conclusion of the proceedings
aa Lectures, topic evenings and women’s groups on specific subjects
6330 Kufstein · Oberer Stadtplatz 6 · Tel.: 05372 / 63 6 16
Email: evita@kufnet.at · Internet: www.evita-frauenberatung.at
Familien- und Männerberatungsstelle Klartext
(Family and men’s advice centre Klartext)
aa Issues of marriage and visiting rights for fathers, accompanying on visits
aa Advice for relationship difficulties, with bringing up children, school problems,
violence in the family.
aa Sexual advice, medical advice
aa Support when speaking to official departments and authorities (possibility of a
German-Turkish speaking interpreter)
aa Café for child visits in Unterland: Facilitating/enabling contact visit by noncustodial parent by neutral support worker (for Turkish parents, German-Turkish
speaking female support worker)
6130 Schwaz · Fuggergasse 4 · Tel.: 05242 / 71 7 04 · Mobile: 0650 / 600 34 34
Email: klartext@aon.at · Internet: www.ffv.at
Familien- und Sozialberatungszentrum e.V.
(Family and social advice centre reg. Association)
aa Family planning
aa Sexual, youth and divorce counselling
aa Pregnancy counselling
aa Marriage guidance and relationship counselling
6300 Wörgl · Anichstraße 27 · Tel.: 05332 / 73 7 58
Counselling: Mon 3 – 7pm
6370 Kitzbühel · Lindnerfeld 7 · Tel.: 05356 / 63 4 01 or 71 8 20
Counselling: Thurs 3 – 7pm and by appointment
6330 Kufstein · Oberer Stadtplatz 5 · Tel.: 05372 / 63 5 90
Counselling: Wed 3 – 7pm and by appointment
Finanzamt (Tax office)
Tax office Innsbruck · 6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 32 · Tel.: 0512 / 505
Tax office Kitzbühel · 6370 Kitzbühel · Im Gries 9 · Tel.: 05356 / 64 3 66
Tax office Kufstein · 6333 Kufstein · Oskar-Pirlo-Straße 15 · Tel.: 05372 / 69 41
Tax office Landeck · 6500 Landeck · Innstraße 11 · Tel.: 05442 / 601
Tax office Lienz · 9900 Lienz · Dolomitenstraße 1 · Tel.: 04852 / 66 66
Tax office Reutte · 6600 Reutte · Claudiastraße 7 · Tel.: 05672 / 62 4 31
Tax office Schwaz · 6130 Schwaz · Archengasse 10 · Tel.: 05242/ 69 62
First Love Ambulanz (First Love Clinic)
The First Love clinic is a walk-in entry point for teenagers between 12 and 19 years
old. Advice offered by two gynaecologists and a nurse on issues to do with the topics
of love, relationships, sexuality, contraception and pregnancy
Note: Anonymous, free and unbureaucratic.
University Hospital for women’s medicine (Universitätsklinik für Frauenheilkunde),
Clinical Department for Gynaecology, Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 35 (HNO building) · Tel.: 05 / 05 04-23068
Email: frauenheilkunde@uklibk.ac.at · Internet: www.kinderwunsch-zentrum.at
Frauen aus allen Ländern Frauen aus allen Ländern (Women from all countries)
aa Culture, educational and advice initiative for women
aa Literacy courses, German courses
aa Women’s cafe
aa Great variety of courses
aa WenDo for young women
6020 Innsbruck · Schöpfstraße 4 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 47 78
Email: frauenausallenlaendern@aon.at · Internet: www.frauenausallenlaendern.org
Advice café: Wed 2 – 6pm; culture café: Fri 7 – 11pm
Frauen gegen VerGEWALTigung (Women Against Rape)
aa Psychosocial counselling for women and young women from the age of 16
affected by sexual violence and their families
aa Accompanying through proceedings, self-help group, self-assertiveness workshops
aa Organization of self-defence courses
Note: Advice sessions are free and anonymous; translations are possible
6020 Innsbruck · Sonnenburgstraße 5 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 44 16
Email: office@frauen-gegen-vergewaltigung.at or beratung@frauen-gegen-vergewaltigung.at
Internet: www.frauen-gegen-vergewaltigung.at
Frauen helfen Frauen (Women Help Women)
aa Free information, advice and help for women and girls
aa Women’s refuge, transitional accommodation, family help clinics
6020 Innsbruck · Museumstraße 10a · Tel.: 0512 / 58 09 77
Email: info@fhf-tirol.at · Internet: www.fhf-tirol.at
Frauenzentrum Osttirol (East Tyrol Women’s Centre)
Information, counselling and accompaniment with relationship conflicts, separation/divorce, economic and social problems, life crises, violence and also job, life and
career planning (careers guidance, training, going back to work, work/life balance).
9900 Lienz · Schweizergasse 26 · Tel.: 04852 / 67 1 93
Email: info@frauenzentrum-osttirol.at · Internet: www.frauenzentrum-osttirol.at
Gesellschaft für psychische Gesundheit (Society for Mental Health)
aa Therapeutic living communities
aa Employment initiatives
aa Domplatz meeting place – leisure and contact club (Domplatz 2, 6020 Innsbruck)
Note: in the various districts there are also a range of associations for mental health
6020 Innsbruck · Karl-Schönherr-Straße 3 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 51 29
Email: direktion@gpg-tirol.at · Internet: www.gpg-tirol.at
Gleichbehandlungsanwaltschaft (Equal treatment advocacy)
aa Advice and support for people who feel they are discriminated against within the
meaning of the Equal Treatment Act
aa Administrative criminal proceedings
Equal treatment advocacy for women and men in the world of work
Regional office for Tyrol, Vorarlberg and Salzburg
6020 Innsbruck · Leipziger Platz 2 · Tel.: 0512 / 34 30 32 · Email: ibk.gaw@bmgf.gv.at
Heilpädagogische Familien (Therapeutic Families)
aa Advice in family matters (once a week also in Turkish)
aa Care of families with disabled children (foreign languages also possible)
aa Accompaniment and help for families with disabled children to official departments
aa Therapeutic rehabilitation
6020 Innsbruck · Mentlgasse 12a · Tel.: 0512 / 58 00 04 · Email: hpf.info@24on.cc
6500 Landeck · Schrofensteinstraße 2a · Tel.: 0 54 42 / 64 7 61
Heimanwaltschaft des Landes Tirol (Care home advocacy of the State of Tyrol)
See Amt der Tiroler Landesregierung, Abteilung Soziales (Office of the State Government of Tyrol Social Services Department)
HPE Hilfe für Angehörige psychisch Kranker
(HPE – help for family members of the mentally ill)
aa Advisory interviews, group meetings, lectures
6020 Innsbruck · Karl-Schönherr-Straße 3 · Mobile: 0676 / 948 23 70
Email: hpe.tirol@inode.at · Internet: www.hpe.at
Initiative Minderheiten (Minorities initiative)
aa Mouthpiece for minorities
aa Cultural events (music, literature,...)
aa Integrative events
6020 Innsbruck · Klostergasse 6 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 67 83
Email: im.tirol@minorities.at · Internet: www.initiative.minderheiten.at
Inlingua – Sprachschule (Language School)
6020 Innsbruck · Südtirolerplatz 6 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 20 31
Email: innsbruck@inlingua.com · Internet: www.inlingua-tirol.at
Innsbrucker Hochschulkurse Deutsch (IHD) (Innsbruck college German courses)
aa Intensive and extension language courses
aa Social and cultural programme
6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 52 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 72 33
Email: ihd@uibk.ac.at · Internet: www.uibk.ac.at/ihd
Innsbrucker Soziale Dienste (ISD) (Innsbruck social services)
aa Residential complexes for the elderly and care homes (permanent, short-term,
aa Mobile home medical care, home help, therapy meals provision
aa Childcare
Social service
aa Help for the homeless
aa Social centres in the individual town localities (information and advice centres)
6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 24 · Tel.: 0512 / 93 001/ 71 80
Email: info@isd.or.at · Internet: www.isd.or.at
Ambulante Suchtpräventionsstelle (ASP) (Addiction prevention clinic)
The team offers various therapy options and offers support during and after a residential stay. In addition it advises and informs parents, children and young people
as well as family members of addicts.
6020 Innsbruck · Haydnplatz 5 · Tel.: 0512 / 93 001/ 74 40
Email: asp@isd.or.at · Internet: www.asp-sucht.at
aa Advice on seeking work, unemployment and problems at work
aa Advice for mothers without training who are going back to work
aa Pregnancy counselling
aa Counselling of expectant mothers with social and economic difficulties
6020 Innsbruck · Templstraße 2/III · Tel.: 0512 / 57 67 49
Email: ch.angerer@verein-insieme.at · Internet: www.verein-insieme.at
Internationales Sprachenzentrum (ISI) (International Languages Centre ISI)
Structured foreign languages at university level
6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 52f, Bruno-Sander-Haus, 1st Floor (room. 60118)
Tel.: 0512 / 507-4681 or -4684 · Email: isi@uibk.ac.at · Internet: www.uibk.ac.at/isi
Interventionsstelle gegen Gewalt an Frauen
(Intervention centre for violence against women)
The intervention centre is a victim protection unit that offers advice, support and
help based on the law for the protection from violence in the family.
aa Risk assessment and safety plan
aa Legal and psychosocial care and support
aa Accompanying to court, to the executive forces such as the police or other facility;
accompaniment during the proceedings
aa Support and help right up to the end of the violent situation
Note: The consultation is confidential free and can also be accessed in Turkish, English
and Italian.
6020 Innsbruck · Museumstraße 27/III · Tel.: 0512 / 57 13 13
Mobile phone service: 0664/ 450 71 05 (Mon – Fri 5 – 8 pm)
Email: office@interventionsstelle.at · Internet: www.interventionsstelle.at
Jugendeinrichtungen in Gemeinden mit hohem MigrantInnenanteil
(Youth facilities in localities with a high proportion of migrants)
The activities offered at the youth centres range from the most varied sports or cultural leisure activities and also excursions and trips to various events (discos, concerts). As a meeting place they represent an important young people‘s advice and
care centre.
Park in
6060 Hall · Thurnfeldgasse 10 · Tel.: 05223 / 41 9 17 · Mobile: 0669 / 17 41 91 71
Email: parkin.hall@parkin.at · Internet: www.parkin.at
Streetwork Hall
6060 Hall · Saline 17 · Mobile: 0676 / 835 845 -330, - 331, -332, -333
Email: office@streetwork-hall.at · Internet: www.streetwork-hall.at
Young women’s room: Wed 2 – 5pm
Jugendzentrum Friends & Fun (Youth centre Friends & Fun)
6460 Imst · Lutterottistraße 2 · Tel.: 05412 / 61 1 69 · Email: jugendzentrum@cni.at
Jugendzentrum O-Dorf
6020 Innsbruck · An-der-Lan-Straße 40 · Tel.: 0512 / 89 02 76
Email: office.skyline@vereinjugendhilfe.at · Internet: www.verein-jugendhilfe-ibk.at
Jugendzentrum Pradl (Pradl Youth Centre)
6020 Innsbruck · Pradler Platz 6b · Tel.: 0512 / 89 02 85
Email: office.juzepradl@vereinjugendhilfe.at · Internet: www.verein-jugendhilfe-ibk.at
Jugendwarteraum (Young people’s waiting room)
6020 Innsbruck · Hauptbahnhof · Tel.: 0512 / 58 63 62
Email: juff.pool@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/jugendwarteraum
Jugendfabrik Kufstein (Kufstein Youth Factory)
6330 Kufstein · Feldgasse 12 · Tel.: 05372 / 63 2 30
Email: jugendfabrik@kufnet.at · Internet: www.kulturfabrik.at
Jugendtreff L.A. Jump In (L.A. Youth Meeting Jump In)
6500 Landeck · Schulhausplatz 7 · Tel.: 05442 / 68 6 88
Email: wilhelm.josef@aonmail.at · Internet: www.jugendweb.at/jump-in
Jugendzentrum „Smile“ Reutte (Reutte Youth Centre “Smile”)
6600 Reutte · Mühlerstraße 36 · Tel.: 05672 / 72 3 07 · Email: smile@baedi.at
Jugendtreff „X-Dream“ Schwaz (Schwaz Youth Meeting “X-Dream”)
6130 Schwaz · Winterstellergasse 5 · Tel.: 05242 / 64 7 15 · Email: x.dream@chello.at
Jugendzentrum St. Johann i. T. (Youth Centre St. Johann i. T.)
6380 St. Johann i. T. · Pass-Thurn-Straße 3 · Tel: 05332 / 64 4 44 · Email: juz.st.johann@tirol.com
Jugendzentrum „Xx“ Telfs (Telfs Youth Centre “Xx”)
6410 Telfs · Obermarktstraße 23 · Tel.: 05262 / 62 3 42 · Email: barbarakoch@gmx.net
Jugendzentrum Blaike (Blaike Youth Centre)
6176 Völs · Blaike 6 · Tel.: 0512 / 93 35 09 · Email: info@juzeblaike.at · Internet: www.juzeblaike.at
Jugendzentrum „Space“/St. Paulus (“Space”/St. Paulus Youth Centre)
6020 Innsbruck · Reichenauer Straße 72 · Tel.: 0512 / 34 42 91
Email: kijuze@chello.at · Internet: www.kijuze-paulus.at
Jugendzentrum Z6 (Z6 Youth Centre)
6020 Innsbruck · Dreiheiligenstraße 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 08 08
Email: jugendzentrum.z6@chello.at · Internet: www.z6online.com
JUBOX Jenbach
6200 Jenbach · Sportplatz 11 · Tel.: 05244 / 93 2 25 · Email: ju.box@chello.at
Jugendzentrum Kitzbühel (Kitzbühel Youth Centre)
6370 Kitzbühel · Vogelfeld 3 · Tel.: 05356 / 71 6 91
Email: juz-kitz@sozialsprengel-kaj.at · Internet: www.sozialsprengel-kaj.at
Jugendzentrum Wattens (Wattens Youth Centre)
6112 Wattens · Volderer Weg 22b · Tel: 05224 / 55 0 15
Email: come_in@gmx.net · Internet: www.come-in.at.tt
Jugendzentrum Wörgl (Wörgl Youth Centre)
6300 Wörgl · J.-Steinbacherstraße 19 · Mobile: 0699 / 17 82 61 59
Email: doris.trampitsch@streetwork.woergl.at
Jugendzentrum „Big Banana“ Zirl (Zirl Youth Centre “Big Banana”)
6170 Zirl · Am Anger 14 · Tel.: 05238 / 53 7 28 · Mobile: 0664 / 181 85 78
Email: jugendzentrum@zirl.net · Internet: www.zirl.at/jugendzentrum
Jugendrotkreuz Tirol (Tyrol Red Cross Youth)
The Red Cross Youth is the youth organization of the Red Cross
aa Learning support for children of non-German mother tongue
Rennweg 1 (Hofburg) · 6020 Innsbruck · Tel.: 0512 / 58 24 67
Email: office@JRKtirol.at · Internet: www.jugendrotkreuz.at
Kinder- und Jugendanwaltschaft Tirol (Tyrol children and young people’s advocacy)
aa Advice, support, help, referral for children and young people with the most varied
aa Confidential, anonymous and free
6020 Innsbruck · Sillgasse 8 · Tel.: 0512 / 508-3792
Email : jugendanwalt@tirol.com · Internet: www.kija.at/tirol
Kinderschutzzentrum Tirol (Tyrol child protection centre)
Entry point for sexual, physical and mental abuse and also neglect of children and
young people:
aa Supportive measures for getting out of an abusive situation
aa Protection of the child from further abuse
aa Involvement of the contact person, the responsible attachment persons of the
child and involved social institutions
aa Counselling and psychotherapy
aa Information and awareness raising on the topic of abuse for people who work with
children and young people
Kinderschutz Imst (Imst child protection)
6064 Imst · Dr. Pfeiffenberger-Straße 14
Tel.: 05412 / 63 4 05
Email: imst@kinderschutz-tirol.at
Internet: www.kinderschutz-tirol.at
Kinderschutzzentrum Innsbruck
(Innsbruck child protection)
6020 Innsbruck · Schöpfstraße 19
Tel.: 0512 / 58 37 57
Email: innsbruck@kinderschutz-tirol
Kinderschutztentrum Lienz
(Lienz child protection)
9900 Lienz · Amlacher Straße 2
Tel.: 0482 / 71 4 40
Email: lienz@kinderschutz-tirol.at
Kinderschutz Wörgl
(Wörgl child protection)
6300 Wörgl · Bahnhofstraße 53
Tel.: 05332 / 72 1 48
Email: woergl@kinderschutz-tirol.at
KIT – Kontakte – Information – Therapie (KIT – contacts, information, therapy)
aa Entry point for drug-endangered and –dependent young people and members of
their family
aa Contact talks, advice
aa Prevention, prophylaxis
aa Aftercare for former clients
6020 Innsbruck · Mentlgasse 12 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 27 27
Consultation times: Mon 3 – 6pm, Wed 10am – 1pm, Thurs 3 – 6pm
and by telephone appointment on 05242 / 64 5 62 or 05272 / 66 47.
KIZ – Kriseninterventionszentrum (KIZ – crisis intervention centre)
Help for children and young people in distress.
aa Consultation in person, by phone or email (also anonymous) for young women
and men and members of their families in crisis situations – conversations also
with interpretation an option
aa Emergency shelter, refuge and protection from abuse for children and young
people between the ages of 12 and 18
6020 Innsbruck · Pradler Straße 75 (courtyard entrance)
Tel.: 0512 / 58 00 59 · E-Mail: info@kiz-tirol.at · Internet : www.kiz-tirol.at
Availability: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
See Caritas Komfüdro
aa Addiction prevention programme for the world of work, school, family and young
aa Education events and workshops on addiction prevention
aa Specialist library and digital press archive
6020 Innsbruck · Bürgerstraße 18 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 57 30
Email: office@kontaktco.at · Internet: www.kontaktco.at
Krankenhäuser (Hospitals)
Bezirkskrankenhaus Hall in Tirol (District Hospital Hall in Tirol)
6060 Hall in Tirol · Milser Straße 10 · Tel.: 05223 / 502-0
Bezirkskrankenhaus Kufstein (District Hospital Kufstein)
6330 Kufstein · Endach 27 · Tel.: 05372 / 69 66-0
Bezirkskrankenhaus Lienz (District Hospital Lienz)
9900 Lienz · Emanuel-von-Hibler-Straße 5 · Tel.: 04852 / 606-0
Bezirkskrankenhaus Schwaz (District Hospital Schwaz)
The District Hospital Schwaz provides an interpreting service if required.
6130 Schwaz · Swarovskistraße 1 – 3 · Tel.: 05242 / 600-0
Email: info@kh-schwaz.at · Internet: www.kh-schwaz.at
Bezirkskrankenhaus Reutte (District Hospital Reutte)
6600 Ehenbichl · Krankenhausstraße 39 · Tel.: 05672 / 601-0
Email: info@bkh-reutte.at · Internet: www.bkh-reutte.at
Bezirkskrankenhaus St. Johann (District Hospital St. Johann)
6380 St. Johann · Bahnhofstraße 14 · Tel.: 05352 / 606-0
Email: info@khsj.at · Internet: www.khsj.at
Krankenhaus Kitzbühel (Hospital Kitzbühel)
6370 Kitzbühel · Hornweg 28 · Tel.: 05356 / 601-0
Krankenhaus St. Vinzenz Zams (Hospital St. Vinzenz Zams)
6511 Zams · Sanatoriumstraße 43 · Tel.: 05442 / 600
Email: info@krankenhaus-zams.at · Internet: www.kh-zams.at
Landeskrankenhaus Hochzirl (State Hospital Hochzirl)
Special medical unit for internal medicine and acute neurological aftercare
6170 Zirl · Anna-Dengel-Haus · Tel.: 05238 / 501-0
Landeskrankenhaus Innsbruck (State Hospital Innsbruck)
The State Hospital Innsbruck provides an interpreting service if required.
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 35 · Tel.: 05 / 05 04-0 · Internet: www.tilak.at
Cross-cultural outpatient clinic at the University Psychiatric Hospital
Appointments: 05 / 05 04-23 6 48 (8 – 10am) (phone for appointment)
Surgery for migrant women at the Women’s Hospital (Frauenklinik)
University Hospital for women’s medicine
Tel.: 05 / 0504-23060 · Consultaton: Tue 1 – 2:30pm (only if appointment arranged by phone)
Landeskrankenhaus Natters (State Hospital Natters)
6161 Natters · In der Stille 20 · Tel.: 0512 / 54 08
Psychiatrisches Krankenhaus Hall (Psychiatric Hospital Hall)
6060 Hall · Thurnfeldgasse 14 · Tel.: 05223 / 508-0 · Internet: www.tilak.at/krankenhaus/pkh
Landeskrankenhäuser (State hospitals)
See Krankenhäuser (Hospitals)
Landesschulrat für Tirol (Tyrol State Education Authority)
The State Education Authority is the federal educational authority at state level.
6020 Innsbruck · Innrain 1 (Andechshof) · Tel.: 0512 / 52 0 33-0
Email: office@lsr-t.gv.at · Internet: www.lsr-t.gv.at
Schulberatungsstelle für AusländerInnen
(Educational advisory service for foreigners)
For issues and problems at school for parents or pupils with non-German mother
tongue the option exists of going to the advisory service for help and advice.
1. individual consultation and help
aa Advice and help in school career matters
aa Mediation between school and home
aa Advice on moving to a special school/integration
aa Cooperation with the educational psychologist
aa Interpreting and translation activities for school establishments
2. General information and public relations work
aa Information activities at parents’ evenings
aa Assistance at school events
aa Events about culture of origin and integration possibilities
aa Cooperation with public places, associations and institutions
Contact persons
Ms Daniela Dupor (Bosnian/Kroatian/Serbian) · Tel.: 0512 / 520 33–115
Email: d.dupor@lsr-t.gv.at
Ms Azade Tuncer (Turkish) · Tel.: 0512 / 520 33–114 · Email: a.tuncer@lsr-t.gv.at
Bezirksschulrat (District Education Authority)
The District Educational Authority is the educational authority of the Federation for
the area of a political district. The responsibility encompasses the execution of first
level of the federal competences for general compulsory education.
Abteilung Bildung (Education Department)
6020 Innsbruck · Heiliggeiststraße 7 – 9 · Tel.: 0512/508-2550
Email: bildung@tirol.gv.at · Internet: http://bsr.tsn.at
Schulpsychologie (Educational psychology)
The focus is formed by the work with pupils, parents and teachers. The educational
psychology advisory centres that are also present in the districts make an effort for
a basic psychosocial provision near where people live. They offer a wide and lowthreshold range of services (advice, treatment, crisis intervention, email consultation), that can be accessed without having to overcome great organizational and
bureaucratic barriers. The consultation itself is free, however it is recommended to
telephone beforehand.
Centre office Innsbruck
6020 Innsbruck · Müllerstraße 7 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 65 61
Email: schulpsy@asn-ibk.ac.at · Internet: www.schulpsychologie.tsn.at
Advice for men and young men on the most varied topics: Relationship problems,
violence, education, visiting rights, alimony, joint custody, marriage law and maintenance obligations, sexuality, coming out, contact difficulties and difficulties at
work or at school.
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 11 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 66 44
Email: kontakt@mannsbilder.at · Internet: www.mannsbilder.at
Mietervereinigung Österreich – Landesstelle Tirol
(Austrian Tenants Association – Tyrol section)
aa Advice on all issues to do with housing
aa Representation of tenants in conflict resolution procedure (arbitration board and
district court)
aa Regular delivery of tenants’ magazine
Note: Turkish interpreting every 1st Tuesday in the month
6020 Innsbruck · Adamgasse 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 24 31
Email: mv-tirol@aon.at · Internet: http://mvoe.echonet.at/leistungen/tirol/SID
6060 Hall · Oberer Stadtplatz 8
6460 Imst · Am Grettert 4
6500 Landeck · Maisengasse 20
6330 Kufstein · Kempterstraße 1 · Tel.: 05372 / 62 6 82 (ÖGB-Sekretariat)
Mieterschutzverband – Landesverband Tirol
(Tenant’s Protection Association – State of Tyrol association)
aa Advice on housing law, rent and ownership contracts
aa Examination of bills for running, heating and maintenance contributions.
aa Support with contract termination and eviction proceedings and also with other
legal disputes to do with housing.
aa Advice on subsidies for house building (advice on housing grants)
6020 Innsbruck · Salurnerstraße 18/III · Tel.: 0512 / 57 40 35
Email: msv@jsl.at · Internet: www.mieterschutzverband.at
Netzwerk Essstörungen: Anorexie – Bulimie – Adipositas
(Eating Disorders Network: anorexia – bulimia – obesity)
aa Initial information for young people and adults with eating disorders
aa Advice and assistance in the search for treatment options
aa Establishment of a guided self-help group
aa Annual “eating disorders” conventions, accessible for those affected, their family
members and experts
6020 Innsbruck · Templstraße 22 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 60 26
Email: info@netzwerk-essstoerungen.at and beratung@netzwerk-essstoerungen.at
Internet: www.netzwerk-essstoerungen.at
ÖGB – Österreichischer Gewerkschaftsbund (Austrian Trade Union Federation)
aa Free legal advice and legal protection from the relevant trade unions
aa Courses and seminars for further education
aa Solidarity insurance (professional liability insurance for trade union members)
aa Unemployment support
aa Subsidized entrance tickets for cultural and sports events
aa Free and anonymous advice for those affected by bullying Monday and Tuesday
5 – 6pm
ÖGB Landesorganisation Tirol
6010 Innsbruck · Südtiroler Platz 14 – 16 · Tel.: 0512 / 59 7 77
Email: tirol@oegb.or.at · Internet: www.oegb.at/tirol
Note: Mother tongue consultations
Croatian, Serbian and Slovene: Monday & Thursday (all year) 08.30 – 11.30am
Turkish: Monday & Thursday (all year) 1 – 3pm
Österreichische Hochschülerschaft (ÖH) – Referat für ausländische Studierende
(Austrian Students’ Union – Department for Foreign Students)
The foreign students’ department is a section especially for foreign students. It informs,
advises and helps with everything that affects student life in Innsbruck such as e.g.
aa Acceptance requirements at Innsbruck University
aa Registration for study, tuition fee, grant options
aa Residence permit, working in Austria
aa General advice on life as a student
The ÖH foreign students‘ section has issued a brochure that addresses initial „foreignness“ in Innsbruck and makes university life easier http://oehinfo.uibk.ac.at
ÖH-Center Innsbruck · 6020 Innsbruck · Josef-Hirn-Straße 7/II · Tel.: 0512 / 507-4917
Email: auslaenderreferat@oeh.cc · Internet: http://oehinfo.uibk.ac.at/ausland/index.html
Österreichischer Integrationsfonds (Austrian integration fund)
The aim of the Austrian Integration Fund is the language, professional, social and
cultural integration of successful asylum applicants and migrants in Austria and Europe.
The core areas are:
aa Care and support in everyday life as a signpost in Austria
aa Promoting language as the key to Austrian society
aa Help with the search for work
aa Support in housing
aa Promotion of dialogue
aa Informing the population
1030 Wien · Schlachthausgasse 30 · Tel.: 01/ 710 12 03-0
Email: mail@integrationsfonds.at · Internet: www.integrationsfonds.at
Psychosozialer Pflegedienst (PSP) (Tyrol Psychosocial Care Service)
aa Care of the mentally ill
aa Sheltered housing and hostels
aa Work initiatives ,training for work
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 4 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 27 50-0
Email: kontakt.innsbruck@psptirol.org · Internet: www.psptirol.org
Note: Local offices in the districts
Psychiatrisches Krankenhaus Hall (Psychiatric Hospital Hall)
See Krankenhäuser (Hospitals)
Rettet das Kind (Save the child)
aa Substitute grandparents who look after children
6020 Innsbruck · Krippengasse 4 · Tel.: 0512 / 20 24 13
Rotes Kreuz – Landesverband Tirol (Red Cross – Tyrol State association)
aa Culture-specific further education for paid and voluntary workers in health
The brochure “Red Cross-health information“ is also available in Turkish and Serbian.
This brochure is available as a download on www.roteskreuz.at/1385.html
6020 Innsbruck · Sillufer 3a · Tel.: 0512 / 33 6 03-0
Email: info@t.roteskreuz.at · Internet: www.t.roteskreuz.at
Schiedsstelle für Arzthaftpflichtfragen für Tirol
(Ombudsman for medical liability questions for Tyrol)
For complaints about treatment by a doctor or other staff in the public health system. The procedure is free only the solicitors costs have to be paid by you. Members
of the ombudsman‘s office include a judge as president, lawyers, doctors and representatives of the treatment recipient.
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 7 · Tel.: 0512 / 52 0 58-160
Email: schiedsstelle@aektirol.at · Internet: www.aektirol.at
Schuldnerberatung (Debt Advisory Service)
aa Strategies for paying off debts
aa Negotiations with creditors
aa Representation in personal bankruptcy
Note: There are leaflets in Turkish and Croatian on the essential elements of debt clearing.
6020 Innsbruck · Wilhelm-Greil-Straße 23/5 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 76 49
Email: office@sbtirol.at · Internet: www.sbtirol.at
Regional office Imst · 6460 Imst, Christian-Plattner-Straße 6
Tel.: 05412 / 63 8 30 · Email: imst@sbtirol.at
Regional office Wörgl · 6300 Wörgl · Bahnhofstraße 37
Tel.: 05332 / 75 5 04 · Email: woergl@sbtirol.at
Schulpsychologie Educational psychology)
See Landesschulrat für Tirol (Tyrol State Education Authority)
Sozialberatung für Menschen mit Behinderung
(Social advice centre for people with disabilities)
See Amt der Tiroler Landesregierung, Abteilung Soziales (Office of the State Government of Tyrol Social Services Department)
Sozial- und Gesundheitssprengel (Social and health parish)
In Tyrol almost all localities belong to a parish that provides the various support services in health and social areas. You can find further information on:
Note: Find out from your social parish what services are offered. You can find out
the address of the relevant social parish from your Local Authority Office.
Sozialversicherungsanstalt der gewerblichen Wirtschaft (SVA)
(National Insurance Agency for The Trades)
The National Insurance Agency for The Trades is responsible for the health and pension insurance of tradesmen and freelance workers.
Landesstelle Tirol · 6020 Innsbruck · Klara-Pölt-Weg 1 · Tel.: 0512 / 53 41-0
Email: GesundheitsService.Tirol@sva.sozvers.at · Internet: http://esv-sva.sozvers.at
Sprachinsel – Forum für interkulturelles Lernen
(Language Island – forum for multicultural learning)
aa Homework supervision and learning support in particular for pupils in compulsory
education of non-German mother tongue
aa German – early learning for nursery and pre-school children
aa German preparatory courses for pupils in compulsory education and also courses
for pupils new to the system
aa Literacy courses and extracurricular courses for mothers
Sprachinsel I & Vereinsbüro (Language Island I & association office
6020 Innsbruck · Südtiroler Platz 6 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 35 30
Email: sprachinsel@aon.at · Internet: www.sprachinsel.at
Sprachinsel II (Language Island II) · 6020 Innsbruck · Kaiser-Josef-Straße 5
Registration in association office (Tel.: 0512 / 58 35 30)
Sprachinsel Schwaz (Language Island Schwaz) · 6130 Schwaz
Volksschule Hans Sachs · Franz-Josefstraße 26
6130 Schwaz · Volksschule Johannes Messner · Johannes Messner-Weg 8
Registration in association office (Tel.: 0512 / 58 35 30)
Stadtmagistrat Innsbruck (Innsbruck City Council)
6010 Innsbruck · Maria-Theresien-Straße 18 · Tel.: 0512 / 5360
Email: kontakt@magibk.at or buergerservice@magibk.at · Internet: www.innsbruck.at
Aufenthaltsangelegenheiten (Residency matters)
Tel.: 0512 / 5360-1028, 1030, 1032, 1034
Email: post.aufenthaltsangelegenheiten@innsbruck.gv.at
Frauenförderung, Familie, Senioren (Promotion of women, family, the elderly)
Tel.: 0512 / 5360-4204 · Email: post.frau.familie.senioren@innsbruck.gv.at
Melde- und Einwohnerwesen (Registration and inhabitants affairs)
Tel.: 0512 / 5360-1202 · Email: post.meldewesen@innsbruck.gv.at
Schulverwaltung (Education administration)
Tel.: 0512 / 5360-4205 · Email: post.schulverwaltung@innsbruck.gv.at
Stiftung Marienheim (Marienheim Foundation)
Learning support for children of non-German mother tongue and German language
courses for migrant women.
6020 Innsbruck, Peter-Mayr-Straße 1b · Tel.: 0512 / 52 0 30-10
Email: marienheim@chello.at · Internet: www.marienheim.at
Tiroler Bildungsforum (Tyrol education forum)
The Tyrol education forum (TBF/Tiroler Bildungsforum) is a facility of the Austrian
adult education service at local level. There are at present 98 local branches in Tyrol
that are run by honorary managers. The event and course programmes extend from
courses in the areas of language sport and movement, music, EDP and creative arts
to educational trips and cultural events.
6020 Innsbruck · Sillgasse 8/III · Tel.: 0512 / 58 14 65-0
Email: tiroler.bildungsforum@tsn.at · Internet: www.tiroler-bildungsforum.at
Tiroler Frauenhaus (Tyrol women’s refuge)
The women’s refuge offers a safe haven for abused women and children. The service
includes protection and housing and also advice and support in psychological, legal,
health and social work matters.
24 hour emergency phone number: 0512 / 34 21 12 · Email: tirolerfrauenhaus@inode.at
Tiroler Gebietskrankenkasse (TGKK) (Tyrol Area Health Insurance Office)
aa Prevention and coverage in the case of illness
aa sick pay, sick leave (Krankengeld, Krankenstand)
aa Maternity, maternity benefit
aa Guidelines for obtaining free prescriptions (Befreiung von der Rezeptgebühr)
aa Benefit fund (Unterstützungsfonds)
6020 Innsbruck · Klara-Pölt-Weg 2 · Tel.: 05 / 91 60-0
Email: tgkk@tgkk.at · Internet: www.tgkk.at
Tiroler Hilfswerk (Tyrol Social Fund)
See Amt der Tiroler Landesregierung (Office of the Government of Tyrol)
Tiroler Patientenvertretung (Tyrol Patients’ Representative Service)
aa Representation of the rights and interest of patients of healthcare facilities that
fall within the remit of the State; processing of complaints
aa Highlighting of defects and grievances with respect to the care of patients and
working towards their removal
aa Information in connection with the patients’ rights and obligations
aa Establishing “binding patient provisions” (free)
6020 Innsbruck · Sillgasse 8/III · Tel.: 0512 / 508-7700
Email: patientenvertretung@tirol.gv.at · Internet: www.tirol.gv.at/patientenvertretung
Opening times: Mon – Thurs 8 – 12am and 2 – 5.30pm, Fri 8 – 12am and by appointment
Tiroler Sozialdienst (Tyrol social services)
aa Children’s day centres
aa Pregnancy counselling
aa Youth and family counselling
aa Child psychology counselling
aa Crisis accommodation, living community for young women
aa Trips for the elderly
6020 Innsbruck · Pradler Platz 6a · Tel.: 0512 / 34 52 82
Email: tiroler.sozialdienst@chello.at · Internet: www.tiroler-sozialdienste.at
Familienberatungsstellen (Family counselling centres)
6020 Innsbruck · Pradler Platz 6a · Tel: 0512 / 34 52 82 · Counselling: Wed 5 – 7pm
6430 Ötztal-Bahnhof · Erich-Schaber-Weg 1a · Tel.: 05266 / 87 4 91-22 · Counselling: Mon 5 – 7pm
6600 Reutte · Innsbrucker Straße 5 · Tel.: 05672 / 63 3 52 · Counselling: Thurs 3 – 7pm
6511 Zams · Alte Bundesstraße 2 · Tel.: 05442 / 67 4 68 · Counselling: Tues 1 – 3pm
Kindertageszentren (Children’s day centres)
6020 Innsbruck · Pradler Platz 6a · Tel: 0512 / 34 52 82
6130 Schwaz · Lahndachgasse 7 · Tel.: 05242 / 62 2 50
Tirol Koordinator für den Islamunterricht (Tyrol coordinator for teaching Islam)
Mr Samir Redzepovic
6060 Hall · Zottstraße 7 · Tel.: 0664 / 144 28 99 · Email: redzepovic@aon.at
Verein für Obdachlose (BARWO) (Association for the Homeless)
The Association for the Homeless has different options for the varying needs of
homeless people and so joints under one room BARWO, Streetwork and the teabar.
6020 Innsbruck · Kapuzinergasse 43 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 07 03 · Email: office@obdachlose.at
BARWO und Betreutes Wohnen (BARWO and assisted living)
aa Support, careers advice, search and application for work
aa Help with contact with official departments and authorities
aa Subsistence
6020 Innsbruck · Kapuzinergasse 43 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 17 54 · Email: barwo@obdachlose.at
aa Ongoing presence on the streets
aa Outreach social work and help in detached setting
aa Visits to emergency accommodation, squats and also hospitals and penal institutions
aa Referral for addiction problems
aa Support for visits to official departments (AMS. Social services, housing
department, etc.)
aa Subsistence
6020 Innsbruck · Kapuzinergasse 45 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 73 66-5
Mobile: 0650 / 577 36 65 or 0650 / 577 36 66 · Email: streetwork@obdachlose.at
Teestube (Tea bar)
aa Entry point and somewhere to go for the homeless
aa Provision of medical assistance
aa Storage of belongings
aa Facilities for cooking, showering and laundry
aa Post and money administration
aa Work projects
aa Counselling sessions and referral
6020 Innsbruck · Kapuzinergasse 45 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 73 66 · Email: teestube@obdachlose.at
Verein für Sozialprojekte Schwaz – Teestube
(Association for social projects Schwaz – teabar)
Day centre and advice centre for people looking for work and accommodation.
aa Help for people in various emergency situations (separation and divorce, debt
problems, loneliness, alcohol and drug dependency), useful postal delivery address
aa Lunch, shower facilities
aa Support with visits to official departments and authorities, doctors and therapy
centres, public and private (social) facilities
6130 Schwaz · Ludwig-Penz-Straße 21 · Tel.: 05242 / 67 6 54 · Email: office@teestube.at
Social counselling centre Ried
6272 Ried im Zillertal · Pfarrheim · Mobile: 0664 / 536 30 13 · Email: zillertal@teestube.at
Verein Multikulturell (Multicultural Association)
The Multicultural Association is a non-profitmaking association with a multicultural
focus and has been in existence since 1993. The main aim is the promotion of intercultural dialogue.
Services and projects:
aa Careers and education advice for young migrants and their parents
aa EU youth projects, national and international
aa German language lessons for beginners and advanced, children and adults
aa PC courses for young people and adults
aa Homework supervision for children with a migrant background
aa Radio Mosaik – a non-commercial regional radio programme in German
aa Radio Gökkusaği – a non-commercial regional radio programme in Turkish
aa Organization of cultural events
aa Media-Workstation – a training programme for young migrants in radio, film,
photography and new media
aa «Mona» Internet portal – Migration Online Austria – www.migration.cc
Multicultural Association
6020 Innsbruck · Mentlgasse 7 · Tel.: 0512 / 56 29 29
Email: office@migration.cc · Internet: www.migration.cc
VHS – Volkshochschule (VHS – Adult Education Centre)
The adult education centres offer courses of the most varied sorts on a basically
somewhat lowthreshold level. Alongside many other courses, literacy and German
language courses for migrants are also offered.
6020 Innsbruck · Marktgraben 10 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 88 82-0
Email: innsbruck@vhs-tirol.at · Internet: www.vhs-tirol.at
Note: Branches in the districts
WIFI – Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut (Tyrol Chamber of Commerce)
The Chamber of Commerce is the representation for the interests of the self-employed.
6020 Innsbruck · Egger-Lienz-Straße 116 · Tel.: 05 / 90 90 577 77
Email: info@wktirol.at · Internet: www.tirol.wifi.at
Note: Branches in the districs
Wirtschaftskammer Tirol (Tyrol Chamber of Commerce)
The Chamber of Commerce is the representation for the interests of the self-employed.
6020 Innsbruck · Meinhardstraße 12 – 14
Service-Point-legal advice: 05 / 909 05-1111
Service-Point-advice on business startup: 05 / 909 05-2222
BIZ – Berufsinformationszentrum der Wirtschaftskammer Tirol
(BIZ – professional information centre of the Tyrol Chamber of Commerce)
The BIZ offers free careers and education counselling sessions for young people
from 13 to about 25 years of age with the following options:
aa Drawing up a profile of interests
aa Educational paths after the Hauptschule (basic secondary school), AHS-Unterstufe
(lower classes of higher secondary school and Matura (senior school certificate)
aa Career options after the Polytechnische Schule (technical college)
aa Development of career plans
6020 Innsbruck · Egger-Lienz-Straße 116 · Tel.: BIZ: 05 / 909 05-72 53
Tel.: Education department: 05 / 909 05-7302 · Email BIZ: biz@wktirol.at
Email Education department: bildung@wktirol.at · Internet: www.wko.at/tirol/biz
ZeMiT – Zentrum für MigrantInnen in Tirol (Centre for Migrants in Tyrol)
Help, advice and information:
aa In matters of the Act Governing the Employment of Foreigners (AuslBG), the Aliens’
Police Act (FPG), Settlement and Residence Act (NAG) and the Unemployment
Insurance Act (ALVG)
aa To get and keep a work or training place
aa About training and assistance measures related to job market policy
aa On social and work law, accident and pension insurance
aa In dealing with authorities, filling in forms and drafting appeals
Written information material about the duties of the advice centre and the Public
Employment Service in the relevant mother tongue
Note: Consultations take place English, German, Turkish, Kurdish, Bosnian, Croatian
and Serbian. It is essential to phone for an appointment!
6020 Innsbruck · Blasius-Hueber-Straße 6 · Tel.: 0512 / 57 71 70-0 or 57 71 72-0
Email: beratung@zemit.at · Internet: www.zemit.at
Zentrum für Ehe- und Familienfragen (Centre for marriage and family issues)
Marriage, relationship, family, life counselling, sexual counselling (also in schools),
education and legal advice.
6020 Innsbruck · Anichstraße 24/2 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 08 71
Email: kontakt@zentrum-beratung.at · Internet: www.zentrum-beratung.at
Z6 Jugend-, Familien- & Drogenberatung (Z6 Youth, family and drug counselling)
Counselling for
aa Problems with parents, siblings, friends, teachers
aa Anxiety, excessive demands, experience of violence and exclusion
aa Issues of relationships, sexuality, contraception, pregnancy, separation
aa Problems with training, work, school, housing, money
Information and advice in connection with drugs
aa For legal matters and problems with police and the law
aa Issue of free condoms and pregnancy tests
aa Help and support to come off drugs
aa Counselling of family members and support with seeking a solution together
Note: Counselling is voluntary, free and anonymous
Z6 Youth Centre
6020 Innsbruck · Dreiheiligenstraße 9 · Tel.: 0512 / 58 08 08 or 0512 / 56 27 15
Email: jugendzentrum.z6@chello.at · Internet: www.z6online.com
Amt der Tiroler Landesregierung · JUFF-Integrationsreferat
Download PDF