CHDBT-1H1CPL Operation Manual 1 by 2 HDMI over HDMI & CAT5e/6/7 Splitter
1 by 2 HDMI over HDMI & CAT5e/6/7 Splitter
The information in this manual has been carefully checked and is believed to be accurate. Cypress Technology assumes no responsibility for any infringements of patents or other rights of third parties which may result from its use.
Cypress Technology assumes no responsibility for any inaccuracies that may be contained in this document. Cypress also makes no commitment to update or to keep current the information contained in this document.
Cypress Technology reserves the right to make improvements to this document and/or product at any time and without notice.
No part of this document may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or any of its part translated into any language or computer file, in any form or by any means— electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual, or otherwise—without express written permission and consent from
© Copyright 2011 by Cypress Technology.
All Rights Reserved.
Version 1.0 September 2011
All products or service names mentioned in this document may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
Please read all instructions before attempting to unpack, install or operate this equipment and before connecting the power supply.
Please keep the following in mind as you unpack and install this equipment:
• Always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock and injury to persons.
• To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to rain, moisture or install this product near water.
• Never spill liquid of any kind on or into this product.
• Never push an object of any kind into this product through any openings or empty slots in the unit, as you may damage parts inside the unit.
• Do not attach the power supply cabling to building surfaces.
• Use only the supplied power supply unit (PSU). Do not use the PSU if it is damaged.
• Do not allow anything to rest on the power cabling or allow any weight to be placed upon it or any person walk on it.
• To protect the unit from overheating, do not block any vents or openings in the unit housing that provide ventilation and allow for sufficient space for air to circulate around the unit.
DATE DD/MM/YY SUMMARY OF CHANGE
RDV1 22/08/14 Preliminary Release
RDV2 06/03/15 Mechanical Color
1. Introduction ............................................ 1
2. Applications ........................................... 1
3. Package Contents ................................ 1
4. System Requirements ............................ 1
5. Features .................................................. 2
6. Operation Controls and Functions ....... 3
6.1 Front Panel ........................................3
6.2 Rear Panel .........................................4
6.3 IR Cable Pin Assignment..................5
6.4. D-Sub 9 Pin Definitions ....................5
7. Connection Diagram ............................ 6
8. Specifications ........................................ 7
8.1 CAT5e/6/7 Cable Specification .....8
9. Acronyms ............................................... 8
The HDMI over HDMI and CAT5e/6/7 Transmitter can convert a single HDMI input, 2-way IR and RS-232 control to a single CAT5e/6/7 output and includes a simultaneous HDMI bypass output. It supports resolutions up to 1080p Full HD, 4K×2K timing, 3D and multi-channel digital audio formats (such as LPCM 7.1CH, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital
Plus and DTS-HD). The HDMI bypass output can be connected to an
HDMI display or cascaded to another splitter. The CAT5e/6/7 output can be connected to a CAT5e/6/7 to HDMI Receiver to extend the operating distance up to 60 meters with Power Over Cable feature.
• Household entertainment sharing and control
• Lecture room display and control
• Showroom display and control
• Meeting room presentation and control
• Classroom display and control
3. PACKAGE CONTENTS
• HDMI over HDMI & CAT5e/6/7 Transmitter
• IR Blaster x 1
• 3.5mm Phone Jack to RS-232 Cable
• 24V DC Power Adaptor
• Operation Manual
4. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• Source equipment with HDMI output connector
• Display TV/Monitor with HDMI input connector
• HDMI over CAT5e/6/7 Receivers with industry CAT5e/6/7 cables
• HDMI with 3D & 4Kx2K supported, HDCP and DVI compliant
• Simultaneous HDMI and CAT5e/6/7 outputs
• Supports data rate from 250Mbps up to 3Gbps
• Supports wide range of PC resolutions from VGA to WUXGA and
HDTV resolutions up to 4Kx2K ([email protected]/25/30Hz & 50/60
YUV_420 and [email protected] & 50/60 YUV_420).
• Supports LPCM 7.1CH, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD
Master Audio transmission (32-192kHz sample rate)
• Supports distances up to 60 meters through CAT5e/6/7 cables
• Supports USB service port
• Supports Bidirectional IR control
• The 3D signal display follow by display TV’s EDID
1. This system was tested with CAT6/23AWG cables, results may vary
with cables of a different specification.
2. Displaying HDMI 4Kx2K resolution require the standard 4Kx2K HDMI
cable and display in order for proper image displaying.
3. The PoC function is designed for powering compatible Receiver
units only non-PoC Receivers will need their own power supply.
Receivers of another brand may not be compatible.
4. This device obtain the last memory function therefore, the device
will use last CAT5e/6/7 output port's EDID when CAT5e/6/7 output is
not connected to a display after power cycling.
The unit will detect CAT5e/6/7 output's EDID when it obtain a 4Kx2K
EDID and send out the signal accordingly to other output ports. If
the CAT5e/6/7 output is without a 4Kx2K's EDID the unit will detect
all output's EDID and send out the signal that all outputs can
6. OPERATION CONTROLS AND FUNCTIONS
6.1 Front Panel
HDMI OUT HDMI IN
HDMI to CAT5e/6 with IR/RS232
1 2 3
Connect to HDMI display for instant image display or cascade with another family type Transmitter. The unit will detect CAT5e/6/7 output's EDID when it obtain a 4Kx2K EDID and send out the signal accordingly to other output ports. If CAT5e/6/7 output is without a
4Kx2K's EDID the unit will detect all output's EDID and send out the signal that all outputs can accept.
This device obtain the last memory function therefore, the device will use the last CAT5e/6/7 output port's EDID when CAT5e/6/7 output port is not connected after power cycling.
2 HDMI IN:
Connect with source equipment such as DVD/Blu-ray or PS3 player.
Connect to a PC/Laptop or RS-232 enabled device (with supplied
3.5mm Phone Jack to D-Sub 9-Pin female adaptor) to transmit of
6.2 Rear Panel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Once the power supply is connected the LED will illuminate.
Plug the 24V DC power supply into the unit and connect the adaptor to an AC outlet.
IR 1 BLASTER:
Connect with the supplied IR Blaster to blast out the IR signal received from the Receiver side. Place the IR Blaster in direct lineof-sight of the equipment to be controlled.
4 IR 2 EXTENDER:
Connect with the supplied IR Extender to receive IR signal from
Transmitter side and blast out at Receiver side. Ensure that remote controller being used is within the direct line-of-sight of the IR
This slot is reserved for firmware update only.
6 LINK LED:
This LED will illuminate when both the input source and output display signals are connected through CAT cable. When it blinks regularly it states the display is NOT sending signals to Receiver but the Transmitter and Receiver are linked and if it blink irregularly it states an error has occurred.
Connect this port to CAT5e/6/7 to HDMI Receiver with CAT5e/6/7 cable to extend the signal up to 60m.
6.3 IR Cable Pin Assignment
6.4. D-Sub 9 Pin Definitions
Define TX / RX
IR Blaster Signal
7. CONNECTION DIAGRAM
Blu-ray or PS3 Player
HDMI OUT HDMI IN
HDMI to CAT5e/6 with IR/RS232
1 x HDMI,
1 x 3.5mm Phone Jack for RS-232,
1 x IR IN,
1 x USB (Service only)
1 x HDMI,
1 x IR OUT,
1 x CAT5e/6/7
Up to 4Kx2K ([email protected]/25/30Hz&
50/60 YUV_420 [email protected] & 50/60
Up to [email protected] or12-bit 1080p
HDMI Input & Output
Up to 60 m
24V / 1.25A DC (US/EU standards, CE/FCC/
102 mm(W) x 102 mm(D) x 25 mm(H)/
102 mm(W) x 110 mm(D) x 25 mm(H)/
Human body model:
±8kV (air-gap discharge)
±4kV (contact discharge)
Operating Temperature 0°C ~ 40°C
-20˚C ~ 60˚C / -4 ˚F ~ 140 ˚F
20 ~ 90% RH (non-condensing)
8.1 CAT5e/6/7 Cable Specification
Range Pixel clock rate
CAT5e/6/7 60 m <=225 MHz <=5.3 Gbps
Up to 1080p, 60 Hz, 36 bits, 3D (data rates lower than 5.3 Gbps or below 225MHz
4K2K, 30Hz video formats
40 m >225 MHz > 5.3 Gbps
60 m >225 MHz > 5.3 Gbps
4K2K, 30Hz video formats
3840x2160 / 4096x2160
Digital Theater System
Extended Display Identification Data
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection
High-Definition Multimedia Interface
CYPRESS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
Home page: http://www.cypress.com.tw
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project