Information for Your Safety. Panasonic DMCLX2Add to my manuals
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for purchasing this Panasonic
Digital Camera. Please read these
Operating Instructions carefully and keep them handy for future reference.
Information for Your
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR
SHOCK HAZARD AND ANNOYING
INTERFERENCE, USE ONLY THE
AND DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
EQUIPMENT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER (OR
BACK); THERE ARE NO USER
SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
THE SOCKET OUTLET SHALL BE
INSTALLED NEAR THE EQUIPMENT
AND SHALL BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE.
Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer.
Dispose of used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to replace the Fuse
The location of the fuse differ according to the type of AC cable (figures A and B).
Confirm the AC cable fitted and follow the instructions below.
Illustrations may differ from actual AC cable.
1 Open the fuse cover with a screwdriver.
Carefully observe copyright laws.
Recording of pre-recorded tapes or discs or other published or broadcast material for purposes other than your own private use may infringe copyright laws. Even for the purpose of private use, recording of certain material may be restricted.
2 Replace the fuse and close or attach the fuse cover.
• Please note that the actual controls and components, menu items, etc. of your
Digital Camera may look somewhat different from those shown in the illustrations in these Operating Instructions.
• SDHC Logo is a trademark.
• Leica is a registered trademark of Leica
Microsystems IR GmbH.
• Elmarit is a registered trademark of Leica
• Other names, company names, and product names printed in these instructions are trademarks or registered trademarks of the companies concerned.
Before Use n
Care for the camera
Do not strongly shake or bump the camera.
The camera may not be operated normally, recording of pictures may be disabled or the lens and the LCD monitor may be damaged.
• Retract the lens before carrying the camera.
• Retract the lens before playing back pictures.
• Sand or dust may cause the camera to malfunction. Make sure that sand or dust does not get into the lens, the flash or the terminals when using the camera on a beach etc.
• Make sure that water does not get into the camera when using it on a rainy day or on a beach.
• This camera is not waterproof.
In case the camera comes into contact with water, wipe it off with a dry cloth.
When the camera does not operate normally, contact your dealer or your nearest servicentre.
About the LCD monitor
• Do not press the LCD monitor with excessive force. Uneven colours may appear on the
LCD monitor and it may malfunction.
• Condensation may form on the LCD monitor in places with large temperature differences. Wipe the condensation with a soft, dry cloth.
• If the camera is cold when you turn it on, the picture on the LCD monitor will be slightly darker than usual at first.
However, the picture will return to normal brightness when the internal temperature of the camera increases.
About the Lens
• Do not press the lens or the lens barrel with excessive force.
• Do not leave the camera with the lens facing the sun as it may cause the camera to malfunction. Also, be careful when you leave the camera outside or near a window.
• When there is dirt (water, oil, and fingerprints, etc.) on the surface of the lens, the picture may be affected. Lightly wipe the surface of the lens with a soft, dry cloth before and after taking pictures.
About Condensation (When the lens is fogged up)
• Condensation occurs when the ambient temperature or humidity changes as described below. Be careful of condensation since it causes lens stains, fungus and camera malfunction.
–When the camera is taken from the cold outdoors to the warm indoors
–When the camera is taken from outside to inside an air-conditioned car
–When cool wind from an air conditioner etc. blows directly on the camera
–In humid places
• To prevent condensation, put the camera in a plastic bag until the temperature of the camera is close to the ambient temperature. If condensation occurs, turn the camera off and leave it for about 2 hours. The fog will disappear naturally when the temperature of the camera becomes close to the ambient temperature.
Extremely high precision technology is employed to produce the LCD monitor screen. However there may be some dark or bright spots (red, blue or green) on the screen. This is not a malfunction. The
LCD monitor screen has more than
99.99% effective pixels with a mere 0.01% of the pixels inactive or always lit.
The spots will not be recorded in pictures stored in the built-in memory or a card.
Before Use n
When not using the camera for a long period of time
• Store the battery in a cool and dry place with a relatively stable temperature.
[Recommended temperature: 15°C to
25°C, Recommended humidity: 40% to
• Always remove the battery and the card from the camera.
• If the battery is left inserted in the camera it will discharge even if the camera is turned off. If the battery continues to be left in the camera, it will discharge excessively and may become unusable even if charged.
• When storing the battery for a long period of time, we recommend charging it once a year. Remove the battery from the camera and store it again after it has completely discharged.
• We recommend storing the camera with a desiccant (silica gel) when you keep it in a closet or a cabinet.
About cards that can be used in this unit
You can use an SD Memory Card, an SDHC Memory Card and a
When the term
is used in these operating instructions this refers to the following types of Memory Cards.
SD Memory Card (8 MB to 2 GB)
SDHC Memory Card (4 GB)
More specific information about memory cards that can be used with this unit.
You can only use an SDHC Memory Card if using cards with 4 GB or more capacity.
A 4 GB Memory Card without an SDHC logo is not based on the SD Standard and will not work in this product.
-If you see this symbol-
Information on Disposal in other
Countries outside the European
This symbol is only valid in the European Union.
If you wish to discard this product, please contact your local authorities or dealer and ask for the correct method of disposal.
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project