Zanussi ZDS 231 User manual | Set the water softener
• Remove all packaging from inside the appliance
• Set the water softener
• Pour 1 litre of water inside the salt container and then fill with dishwasher salt
• Fill the rinse aid dispenser
When using tablets that integrate rinse aid and detergent:
there is no need to fill up with rinse aid
– set the water softener
– add special (dishwasher) salt
When using tablets that integrate rinse aid, detergent, salt function and other additives:
there is no need to fill up with special salt or rinse aid.
Set the water softener
The dishwasher is equipped with a water softener designed to remove minerals and salts from the water supply, which would have a detrimental or adverse effect on the operation of the appliance.
The higher the content of these minerals and salts, the harder your water is.
Water hardness is measured in equivalent scales, Clarke degrees, French degrees (°TH)
Check whether these detergents are suitable for your water hardness. Follow the manufacturers instructions.
– Set the water hardness to level 1.
If the drying results are not satisfactory we recommend that you:
1. Fill up the rinse aid dispenser with rinse aid.
2. Set the rinse aid dosage to position 2.
If you decide in future to use separated detergents, we advise that you:
– Fill up the salt and rinse aid container.
– Adjust the water hardness setting to the highest level and perform 1 normal washing programme without loading any dishes.
– Adjust the water hardness setting according to the hardness of the water in your area.
– Adjust the rinse aid dosage and mmol/l (millimol per litre - international unit for the hardness of water).
The softener should be adjusted according to the hardness of the water in your area. Your local Water Authority can advise you on the hardness of the water in your area.
64 - 88
53 - 63
46 - 52
36 - 45
28 - 35
23 - 27
18 - 22
13 - 17
5 - 12
91 - 125
76 - 90
65 - 75
51 - 64
40 - 50
33 - 39
26 - 32
19 - 25
7 - 18
7,6 - 8,9
6,51 - 7,5
5,1 - 6,4
4,0 - 5,0
3,3 - 3,9
2,61 - 3,2
1,9 - 2,5
0,71 - 1,8
Adjusting the water hardness setting manually electronically
level 10 level 9 level 8 level 7 level 6 level 5 level 4 level 3 level 2 level 1
The water softener must be set in both ways: manually, using the water hardness dial and electronically.
Setting the water softener manually (see table)
Use of salt
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes no
The water softener is factory set at position 2.
Set switch to position 1 or
Setting the water softener electronically (see table)
The water softener is factory set at position 5.
The dishwasher must be switched off .
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project