IEEE-1394 Cables: 4-Pin and 6-Pin. RCA DVR2160, DVR2080
Add to my manuals
Overview & Setup Overview & Setup
IEEE-1394 Cables: 4-Pin and 6-Pin
There are two different types of connectors used on IEEE 1394 devices: a 4-pin connector, and a 6-pin connector.
The 4-pin connector is capable of sending digital audio signals, digital video signals and digital control signals back and forth between devices. The 6-pin connector is capable of sending the same data and signal information as the 4-pin but has two additional pins for sending low voltage electrical power. The purpose of this electrical power is to provide the needed operating power to a device that is not connected directly to the household
AC power such as some camcorders. The DVR uses 6-pin IEEE 1394 connectors but does not supply power to other devices. To connect other devices, such as a digital camcorder, that uses a 4-pin connector, you need to obtain a 4-pin to 6-pin adapter cable. These cables are available from electronic and computer stores.
Note: When the DVR is connected to an RCA HDTV, the HDTV does not supply power to the DVR. The DVR must be plugged into a source of power (wall outlet).
Protect Against Power Surges
• Connect all components before you plug any power cords into the wall outlet.
• Turn off the TV and/or component before you connect or disconnect any cables.
• Make sure all antennas and cables are properly grounded.
Connecting the DVR
To connect the DVR to a DTVLink enabled TV, follow these steps:
1. Connect the female end of the AC power cord to the DVR and male end into an AC outlet or surge protector.
2. Connect the 1394 cable to any DTVLink port on the HDTV and to either DTVLink port on the DVR.
CENTER SPEAKER INPUT
(60 WATTS into 8 OHMS)
FIXED/VARIABLE AUDIO OUTPUTS
CENTER R REAR L REAR
SUBWOOFER R L
V S-VIDEO R
Use menu for DVI audio.
Illustrations contained in this document are for representation only.
16395340_1 5 8/5/04, 5:28 PM
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project