Nikon COOLPIX P530 Camera User Guide | Read This First
Read This First
Thank you for purchasing the Nikon COOLPIX P530 digital camera. Before using the camera, please read the information in “For Your Safety” (
Avii-ix) and familiarize yourself with the information provided in this manual. After reading, please keep this manual handy and refer to it to enhance your enjoyment of your new camera.
Confirming the Package Contents
In the event that any items are missing, please contact the store where you purchased the camera.
Camera Strap Lens Cap LC-CP24
Charging AC Adapter
EH-70P or EH-70PCH
USB Cable UC-E6
Audio Video Cable
• User’s Manual (this manual) • Warranty
1 A plug adapter is included if the camera was purchased in a country or region that requires a plug adapter. The shape of the plug adapter varies with the country or region of purchase (
2 This item is supplied only if the camera was purchased in India, and is described in this manual as being “optional,” “available separately,” etc.
NOTE: A memory card is not included with the camera.
About This Manual
If you want to start using the camera right away, see “The Basics of Shooting and Playback” (
To learn about the parts of the camera and information that is displayed in the monitor, see “Parts of the Camera and Main Functions” (
Downloading the “Reference Manual”
Refer to the Reference Manual (PDF format) for more detailed information.
The Reference Manual can be downloaded from the Nikon website.
The Reference Manual can be viewed using Adobe Reader, available for free download from the Adobe website.
• Symbols and Conventions
To make it easier to find the information you need, the following symbols and conventions are used in this manual:
This icon indicates cautions and information that should be read before using the camera.
This icon indicates notes and information that should be read before using the camera.
These icons indicate other pages containing relevant information;
: “Reference Section”,
F: “Technical Notes and
* Refer to the Reference Manual for pages indicated with
• SD and SDHC/SDXC memory cards are referred to as “memory cards” in this manual.
• The setting at the time of purchase is referred to as the “default setting.”
• The names of menu items displayed in the camera monitor, and the names of buttons or messages displayed on a computer monitor appear in bold.
• In this manual, images are sometimes omitted from monitor display samples so that monitor indicators can be more clearly shown.
• Illustrations and monitor content shown in this manual may differ from the actual product.
Information and Precautions
As part of Nikon’s “Life-Long Learning” commitment to ongoing product support and education, continually updated information is available online at the following sites:
• For users in the U.S.A.: http://www.nikonusa.com/
• For users in Europe and Africa: http://www.europe-nikon.com/support/
• For users in Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East: http://www.nikon-asia.com/
Visit these sites to keep up-to-date with the latest product information, tips, answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs), and general advice on digital imaging and photography. Additional information may be available from the Nikon representative in your area. Visit the site below for contact information:
Use Only Nikon Brand Electronic Accessories
Nikon COOLPIX cameras are designed to the highest standards and include complex electronic circuitry. Only Nikon brand electronic accessories (including battery chargers, batteries, charging AC adapter, AC adapters and cables) certified by Nikon specifically for use with this Nikon digital camera are engineered and proven to operate within the operational and safety requirements of this electronic circuitry.
HE USE OF NON-
IKON ELECTRONIC ACCESSORIES COULD DAMAGE THE CAMERA
AND MAY VOID YOUR
The use of third-party rechargeable Li-ion batteries not bearing the Nikon holographic seal could interfere with normal operation of the camera or result in the batteries overheating, igniting, rupturing, or leaking.
For more information about Nikon brand accessories, contact a local authorized
Holographic seal: Identifies this device as an authentic Nikon product.
Before Taking Important Pictures
Before taking pictures on important occasions (such as at weddings or before taking the camera on a trip), take a test shot to ensure that the camera is functioning normally. Nikon will not be held liable for damages or lost profits that may result from product malfunction.
About the Manuals
• No part of the manuals included with this product may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any language in any form, by any means, without Nikon’s prior written permission.
• Nikon reserves the right to change the specifications of the hardware and software described in these manuals at any time and without prior notice.
• Nikon will not be held liable for any damages resulting from the use of this product.
• While every effort was made to ensure that the information in these manuals is accurate and complete, we would appreciate it were you to bring any errors or omissions to the attention of the Nikon representative in your area (address provided separately).
Notice Concerning Prohibition of Copying or Reproduction
Note that simply being in possession of material that was digitally copied or reproduced by means of a scanner, digital camera or other device may be punishable by law.
• Items prohibited by law from being copied or reproduced
Do not copy or reproduce paper money, coins, securities, government bonds or local government bonds, even if such copies or reproductions are stamped “Sample.” The copying or reproduction of paper money, coins, or securities which are circulated in a foreign country is prohibited. Unless the prior permission of the government was obtained, the copying or reproduction of unused postage stamps or post cards issued by the government is prohibited.
The copying or reproduction of stamps issued by the government and of certified documents stipulated by law is prohibited.
• Cautions on certain copies and reproductions
The government has issued cautions on copies or reproductions of securities issued by private companies (shares, bills, checks, gift certificates, etc.), commuter passes, or coupon tickets, except when a minimum of necessary copies are to be provided for business use by a company. Also, do not copy or reproduce passports issued by the government, licenses issued by public agencies and private groups, ID cards and tickets, such as passes and meal coupons.
• Comply with copyright notices
The copying or reproduction of copyrighted creative works such as books, music, paintings, woodcut prints, maps, drawings, movies, and photographs is governed by national and international copyright laws. Do not use this product for the purpose of making illegal copies or to infringe copyright laws.
Disposing of Data Storage Devices
Please note that deleting images or formatting data storage devices such as memory cards or built-in camera memory does not completely erase the original image data.
Deleted files can sometimes be recovered from discarded storage devices using commercially available software, potentially resulting in the malicious use of personal image data. Ensuring the privacy of such data is the user’s responsibility.
Before discarding a data storage device or transferring ownership to another person, erase all data using commercial deletion software, or format the device and then completely refill it with images containing no private information (for example, pictures of empty sky). Be sure to also replace any pictures selected for the Select an
image option in the Welcome screen setting (
A91). Care should be taken to avoid injury or damage to property when physically destroying data storage devices.
* Your assessment is very important for improving the work of artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project