10.1 Off-Board Charger Operation. Lester SUMMIT 28000, Prime, SUMMIT 28230, SUMMIT 29180, SUMMIT 28110, SUMMIT 28120, SUMMIT 27940, SUMMIT 27950, SUMMIT 27800, SUMMIT 27790Add to my manuals
WARNING: ALWAYS SHIELD EYES WHEN WORKING NEAR BATTERIES. DO NOT PUT
WRENCHES OR OTHER METAL OBJECTS ACROSS BATTERY TERMINALS OR THE BATTERY TOP.
ARCING OR EXPLOSION OF THE BATTERY CAN RESULT!
WARNING: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE CHARGER DC OUTPUT CONNECTOR FROM THE
BATTERY CONNECTOR WHILE A CHARGE CYCLE IS IN PROGRESS. THE RESULTING ARCING
AND BURNING OF THE CONNECTORS COULD CAUSE THE BATTERIES TO EXPLODE.
CAUTION: TO AVOID DAMAGE TO THE CHARGER DC CABLE AND CONNECTOR AND BATTERY
CONNECTOR, DISCONNECT BY GRASPING THE CHARGER CONNECTOR HANDLE OR BODY AND
PULLING IT STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BATTERY CONNECTOR. DO NOT PULL ON THE CHARGER
CABLE. DO NOT TWIST, ROCK, OR PULL THE CONNECTOR SIDEWAYS.
The instructions printed on the charger are for daily reference.
10.1 Off-Board Charger Operation
If the charger was factory-configured for off-board use, follow these operating instructions:
1. With the charger DC output connector/plug disconnected from the battery connector/receptacle, connect the charger AC power cord to an appropriate AC outlet (if not already connected).
2. Connect the charger DC output connector/plug to the battery connector/receptacle. The charger will start automatically, which is indicated by the Charge Status (yellow) LED beginning to blink slowly.
3. If the charger must be disconnected from the battery while a charge cycle is in progress, first disconnect the AC power cord from the AC outlet. Do not disconnect the charger DC output connector/plug from the battery while a charge cycle is in progress.
4. The charge cycle 80% point is indicated by the Charge Status (yellow) LED beginning to blink quickly.
5. The Finish charge cycle phase is indicated by the solid illumination of the Charge Status (yellow)
LED. Not all charge profiles include a Finish phase.
6. An extended Balance/Equalize charge cycle phase is indicated by the Charge Complete (green)
LED beginning to blink quickly. Not all charge profiles include a Balance/Equalize phase.
7. The charger automatically terminates the charge cycle when a battery reaches full charge, which is indicated by  the solid illumination of the Charge Complete (green) LED or  the Charge
Complete (green) LED beginning to blink slowly indicating a post-charge phase. The required charge time is affected by numerous factors, including battery amp-hour capacity, depth of discharge, battery temperature, and battery age/usage.
8. Before operating the machine/equipment, disconnect the charger DC output connector/plug from the battery connector/receptacle by firmly grasping both connectors and pulling them straight apart.
Summit Series ® 13 of 20
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project