Using the baby monitor. Philips AVENT SCD630/37, SCD630
Add to my manuals
- When the rechargeable battery of the parent unit is almost empty, the battery status light turns
red and the parent unit beeps.
- If the battery is completely empty and the parent unit it not connected to the mains, the parent unit automatically switches off and loses contact with the baby unit.
Note: The built in rechargeable battery cannot be removed from the product.
Note: The battery gradually and very slowly discharges, even when the parent unit is switched off.
Tip: To save battery, switch off the parent unit when you do not use it.
Note: We advise you to keep the parent unit connected to the mains during the whole night. If the battery of the parent unit runs low during the night, the parent unit beeps and this may wake you up.
Using the baby monitor
Linking parent unit and baby unit
1 Push the on/off slide on the baby unit upwards to the ON position.
2 When the baby unit is on, the power-on light on the baby unit lights up green.
Note: The power-on light on the baby unit always lights up green, even when there is no connection with the parent unit.
3 Make sure that the parent unit and the baby unit are at least 2.5 meters/
8.2 feet away from each other
to avoid acoustic feedback.
4 Press the on/off button on the parent unit to switch on the parent unit.
- The display goes on, the linking image appears on the display and the link light lights up red. The parent unit starts to search for the baby unit.
- When the parent unit and baby unit are linked, the link light lights up green on the parent unit and one or more bars appear on the display.
Note: It takes less than 10 seconds to establish the link between the parent unit and the baby unit.
- When the baby unit is turned off, the parent unit will show the out of range image. Make sure that the baby unit is switched on.
- If no connection has been established, the link light turns red, the parent unit beeps three short beeps every 20 seconds and the out-of-range image appears on the display.
Positioning the baby monitor
Warning: The cord of the baby unit presents a potential strangulation hazard. Make sure that the baby unit and its cord are at least 1 meter /
3.5 feet away from your baby. Never place the baby monitor inside the baby’s bed or playpen.
1 For optimal sound detection, make sure that the baby unit is no further than 1.5 meter/ 5 feet away from the baby. Make sure that the baby unit is at least 1 meter/ 3.5 feet away from the baby because of potential strangulation hazard.
2 Place the parent unit within the operating range of the baby unit. Make sure it is at least 2.5 meters / 8.2 feet away from the baby unit to avoid acoustic feedback.
Note: If you use a cordless phone, wireless video, Wi-Fi network, microwave oven or Bluetooth on 2.4GHz and you experience interference on either the parent unit or baby unit, move the parent unit until there is no more interference.
3 There are two ways to position the baby unit: a Place the baby unit on a stable, level and horizontal surface.
b Mount the baby unit to the wall with the screws supplied.
Tip: The wall mount template (see 'Wall mount') to mount the baby unit to the wall can be found at the end of this user manual.
Tip: Use the provided template to mark the exact location of the screw holes on the wall.
Tip: Position the baby unit at a higher level to get a good overview of the baby’s bed or playpen.
Adjust the baby unit in a way that ensures the best visibility of your baby.
The baby unit can be rotated to position it in the desired way.
* Your assessment is very important for improving the workof artificial intelligence, which forms the content of this project